My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jsantos1082 so i guess you didnt wrap the DP? Oh but I did! Review The Invidia Divorced ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    so i guess you didnt wrap the DP?
    Oh but I did!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140808_174436.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	160729

Review

The Invidia Divorced Wastegate downpipe is VERY well made. 304 Stainless Steel, quality welds, and a price to be beat make this IMO the best downpipe you can buy when on a budget (like most people are). It is 3 inches all the way through which makes it perfect for someone looking into starting a 3inch turbo back setup and the divorced wastegate setup will separate the exhaust gas exiting the downpipe, creating a smoother exhaust flow which results in a few extra HP and TQ which is something enthusiasts will never say no to. The gains for a sub $300 downpipe are incredible. It's not arguable that this is the best and FIRST performance mod anyone should do to their Wrex. It's obvious that Invidia is very passionate about their products and that they will always deliver the highest quality parts to us enthusiasts whether you are on a budget or just care about having the best products out there. Invidia covers both ends of that spectrum very well!

The DEI Titanium heat wrap is now my go to heat wrap after this experience in using it. No wetting the surface first, no fiberglass cutting your hands, and being as malleable as cloth makes for an extremely simple and easy process of wrapping anything you need to. Just wrap and place a hose clamp to lock it down. According to the manufacturer, wrapping your headers and exhaust will reduce under hood temperatures by up to 50%. Under hood temps is something I'm always looking to direct away from parts like my airbox and TMIC and this product helped immensely in that goal. For $55 this is a great investment in increasing power output and the life of parts in your engine bay.

The Perrin turbo heat shield is sexxxy and looks fantastic and performs very well. I ran the engine without the heat shield for comparison and the intercooler got pretty darn hot. Installed this and even when the car is sitting in place I can always place my hand on the intercooler. This heat shield does a much better job than the stock heat shield and I would definitely recommend it for looks and performance.
    Last edited by SubaruWRXJosh; 11-02-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Some new stickers I applied while waiting for the PB Blaster to set in.

Name:	20140808_193157.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	160737
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

I Support ClubWRX
    Just heard back from Eric at Torqued Performance.no boost creep to speak of and the tune looks pretty good.going to flash the new revision he sent me. The car is incredible now. Love the new sound, feel, etc.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's a nice upgrade getting the DP and tune. Did you get the intake and box yet?
    My sway bars will be here Wednesday. They will get installed Thursday. Can't wait to get rid of some body roll!!
    Good work so far Josh, keep the updates coming.

Keep your tuner updated with data logs. Mine didn't boost creep at first. I send logs to my tuner periodically, I will also need tune update when the real cold weather hits. You may need one as well.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Oh but I did!

Name:	20140808_174436.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	160729
    Nice! I'm running TP stage 2 also for about 10 months now.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! I'm running TP stage 2 also for about 10 months now.
    How many miles has it been since your tune?
    And are you monitoring the data logs?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    No I don't think I'm going to get the intake.might get the box though since it looks nice.I've sort of associated a catless downpipe and intake to equal boost creep (even though that may not be true) from all the threads I've searched in the past couple years.there just seems to be a trend there. Next mod for me is most definitely sway bars. What kind did you get?

Here are some pics.

Name:	20140809_125359.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	160745

Name:	20140809_144317.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	160753
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool pics! You can see mine in my profile. I got Whiteline swaybars 24mm adjustable and 22mm rear adjustable.
    KartBoy endlinks and some extra spacers and washers. I'm installing them at my buddy's shop in Quincy.
    Gonna use the drive on lift to make install easy. I'm still looking for more opinions on swaybars settings. I'm thinking stiff front and med rear. Anybody with an opinions on swaybar settings post EM here or pm me.

Also check out JCSPODS. They make a pillar for the gauges using an OEM Subaru pillar. They have one two or three pods. It looks nice with gauges up there. That's what I'm going to do when I get my gauges. You will have to let me know how you like the ones you got.
    And if you have stock airbox get a Perrin or K&N drop in filter.
    Last edited by TownLine500; 08-09-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    How many miles has it been since your tune?
    And are you monitoring the data logs?
    It's been about 8k miles. And I've had 3 revisions since then. I send logs to Eric about every two months. But I log more often.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been about 8k miles. And I've had 3 revisions since then. I send logs to Eric about every two months. But I log more often.
    Cool thanks for reply. I'm on second revision and everything is logging good. I'm logging more and more lately. I don't under stand how people like my buddy don't data log often, how else would you know how things are doing. He also has a constant CEL light on (I keep resetting for him but it just comes on again) And a nasty backfire. I keep telling him to go back to tuner, but you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    My niece puts on the same face I do when I see my car!

Name:	20140809_191153.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	161249

I say, "Zoey what does a Subaru do???" and she says "VROOM VROOM BA BA BA BA BA BA VROOM BA BA BA VROOOOOOOOM"

No lie. She's one and a half. The girls a genius!!

Took some time and detailed the engine bay today.

Name:	20140810_120456.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	161257

Thar she blows!!

Name:	20140809_055817.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	161273

This car makes me so happy

So my boost gauge is going to be here tomorrow. Not going to install it until I can order the STRi Oil Pressure Gauge and the SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge Pod. That pod is so incredibly sexy and it retains the stock look. There is no other pod I would want for my car.

I mean, how could you NOT like this!

Also, I'm thinking about picking up a Process West TMIC now that my downpipe is on I won't have to take it off anytime soon. BTW I did the entire downpipe install without taking off the TMIC. It was super easy, but if you are limited on tools you might want to take it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140809_144317.jpg  
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, here is a video I took today showing the new exhaust sound the downpipe creates when paired with the SPT Catback.

2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Your niece's first impression is a WRX PRICELESS!
    After my sways my next upgrade will be the ProcessWest TMIC. Definitely quality. I do like the look of gauge cluster, but I like the pillar pods better. Just my opinion.

Exhaust is sounding nice.
    I just ordered those rain guards for windows. How do you like them?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha I know that is DEF my new avatar! Yea, I've been so torn between the JCM Pods A Pillar Pods and the SMY, but I think I'm going to go with the SMY. The pods will be easier to see because they will be right in front of the gauges so I can just glance down to check boost or oil pressure. Still trying to decide if I want to install them myself or if I want to bring everything to wicked innovations and have them install it for me. The install seems like a pain in the ass, but I haven't done much research so I'll watch some more videos.
    Are you installing your pods yourself?
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    I will install pillar pods myself but to install gauges I'll go to my buddy's shop in Quincy, I don't have the tools plus it gets me out of the house and doing something.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.