My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Dream Car Has Finally Arrived.. TIME TO PERSONALIZE! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Ruh Roh use a good jack stands before getting under the car. use the proper jack points ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    use a good jack stands before getting under the car. use the proper jack points to jack it up. sometimes i use a wood block when jacking it up because my subframe liked to squish with my old jack
    My problem is that if I jack it on the pinch weld there is no space left to place the jack stand. I know there is a place to jack on the front of the car but it seems way to far back to reach with my jack (the one you can see in the picture above).
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, have any of you guys installed your downpipe without removing the intercooler?
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. My down pipe PTP turbo blanket and GrimSpeed heat shield, were all installed with TMIC (Factory) still on.
    You should be able to do it without removing intercooler. Mine was done on a lift. I am not sure about ramps or jack stands though.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a picture of the black ornaments!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140807_060017.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	160265

Installation

The quality of these ornaments are fantastic. I wasn't sure if you would still be able to read the WRX lettering within the ornament, but being a nice glossy finish it is quite easy to see. Popping off the old ones were really easy. I left the fender piece on during installation even though some people decide to take it off. I let the heatgun warm up and went back and forth over the old ornament never holding it in one place to prevent cracking the paint. Wear gloves because the ornaments will get extremely hot. I wrapped the end of a flat head screwdriver in a rag and used it to wedge the old ornament up. After it came off I rolled all excess glue off with my fingers (in the gloves) while keeping it hot. Installation of the new ornaments was very easy. Just peel the tape, line it up, and apply! I heated the new ornament up a little bit and pressed on it hard to make a good seal. Overall I'm very satisfied with the product and it makes a huge difference appearance wise for such a small detail on the car. Makes me happy I decided against plati-dipping it.
    Last edited by SubaruWRXJosh; 11-02-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    My downpipe, titanium heat wrap, and Grimmspeed gasket is going to be here tomorrow!! Very excited! Going to wrap the downpipe over the weekend so it's all ready for the install on Monday. Definitely going to attempt the install without removing the intercooler.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend removing the intercooler for the downpipe install. It will make your life much easier. The intercooler is very easy to remove.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I highly recommend removing the intercooler for the downpipe install. It will make your life much easier. The intercooler is very easy to remove.
    This, I practically was forced to do this for the install. I'm not sure how I would have got to the two bolts on the back side of the downpipe. It certainly made everything easier.
    Last edited by McBill; 08-07-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    I know it's easy to remove, but how hard is it to reinstall?
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Thanks a lot Zax! Was checking out your 2015 STi build a couple weeks back. Awesome stuff man!
    Thanks bud. The STi just doesn't feel like "mine"... No mods
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I know it's easy to remove, but how hard is it to reinstall?
    Easier than it was to remove. The only slightly difficult part is reconnecting the hose to the throttle body.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Thanks a lot! Any tips for jacking up the car?
    Plenty of places to do that...you can see the points where teh frame connects...those are good jack stand points if you don't want to use the pinch welds (which are the known jack points).

For the rear, you can use the rear differential for quickly getting the whole back up.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Easier than it was to remove. The only slightly difficult part is reconnecting the hose to the throttle body.
    I always found putting it back on was 10x harder...that was with my two STIs though. They are different than the 3rd Gen WRX.

Just be careful not to strip the aluminum threads on the turbo where the bolts are.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Downpipe is coming today! Well upload pictures once it's here. Going to try to find a 2.5 to 3 inch adapter at NAPA or autozone so I can install it this weekend.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    DP is on!!! Had no problem with any of the bolts like I've read using PB Blaster and a breaker bar. SO HAPPY. Just sent my 1st log to Eric at TP. The car pulls like CRAZZZY!
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

so i guess you didnt wrap the DP?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.