Building the Turbo Whale:) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building the Turbo Whale:) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I finally did it. I put in my new fuel pump wasn't too hard. Hardest part was separate the assembly ...

I finally did it. I put in my new fuel pump wasn't too hard. Hardest part was separate the assembly by myself. I give thanks to Overland04 from NASIOC for the awesome write up it really helped alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Alright guys I just attempted the kartboy short shifter, bushings, and pitch stop mount

I did the pitch stop mount first. Very easy sprayed the bolts with PB Blaster then unbolted the old one and put the new one in. The Kartboy mount is just such better quality. Start up is much louder and best part....no bucking between gears. Nice and solid thank you Kartboy

next I did the short shifter. Pretty easy don't forget the snap ring pliers.

And for the time everybody was waiting for.......the shifter bushings it would have went a lot better if lining up the bolts for the rear bushing wasn't such a *****. That's the pesky rear bushing. Move the heat shield out of the way. Best thing I ever did while installing.
    there's the front bushing. Probably the easiest part.

some more pics of the bushings

and finally my car put back together. Shifts so much more solid and quicker. With combination of the mount and the new bushings there is more cabin noise from the transmission but once you crank the stereo its gone thanks again Kartboy for your high quality parts would never go a different route

Stage 2 anybody? Hell of an install but eventually got it done. Just need to trim the heat shield. Won't be getting an aftermarket one cuz il be going front mount in the future

Got to test it a little today went for a trip to Monterey. But couldn't really hit boost cuz i had the family in the car. Will test it out tomorrow more thoroughly but I can tell you guys Catless with the N1 Exhaust is f****** loud. Not annoyingly loud but a lot louder then with just the catback

Dude, go something else for your muffler..

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Dude, go something else for your muffler..
    What do you mean? I like the sound The rumble and the loudness

Anybody know if tgv deletes are mandatory for fitting an fp 71hta/84mm cover on a 2.5l? Just dont want to do them I heard more work than what they are worth

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CCastro23WRX View Post
    Anybody know if tgv deletes are mandatory for fitting an fp 71hta/84mm cover on a 2.5l? Just dont want to do them I heard more work than what they are worth
    You would be well advised to delete your TGVs.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Tune for it.

Yea imma go with the 64mms instead keep it stockish looking. Not going to get this for awhile. Need to upgrade suspension and brakes first. Then injectors and be saving for my motor build before I can really put the 71hta to work will be tuning everything myself btw love Accesstuner race best software ever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.