Building the Turbo Whale:) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

This is a discussion on Building the Turbo Whale:) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DemonWRX Please tell us this was a full on retrofit kit to replace the stock projectors with ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Please tell us this was a full on retrofit kit to replace the stock projectors with proper HID projectors? If you just threw HID bulbs and balasts into the stocl halogen projectors you should be beaten with a spiked bat
    I will be getting retrofits soon though I heard it was the only you can have the hid kit in legally or at least right. They are on my low beams not highs so they aren't annoying. IMO

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,541
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CCastro23WRX View Post
    I will be getting retrofits soon though I heard it was the only you can have the hid kit in legally or at least right. They are on my low beams not highs so they aren't annoying. IMO
    Have you had someone else drive your car, while your in another car to see how it looks? This would be the only way to see that they are indeed annoying.

    HIDs in a Halogen housing just scatter the light everywhere. You are the person blinding oncoming drivers right now. In my opinion you should really put the stock bulbs back in until you are fully ready.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  4. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Have you had someone else drive your car, while your in another car to see how it looks? This would be the only way to see that they are indeed annoying.

    HIDs in a Halogen housing just scatter the light everywhere. You are the person blinding oncoming drivers right now. In my opinion you should really put the stock bulbs back in until you are fully ready.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    Yea I had my buddy drive mine while I drove his car. They aren't annoying not even as close to the annoying ppl that replace them with the high beams and drive in the city with their high beams on

  5. #34
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,219
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's his build thread, let's leave the personal judgement out of this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's his build thread, let's leave the personal judgement out of this.
    Thank you sir

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    just love that picture building is such a fun and super addicting passion I'm sure I would be 8k deep right now if I was on my own. I'm glad I'm building and have a family this helps me manage money so I don't go bankrupt

  8. #37
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,541
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's his build thread, let's leave the personal judgement out of this.
    I'm not judging him for doing anything to his car. Just trying to provide useful information.

    Guess I'll see my way out of this thread then....

    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I'm not judging him for doing anything to his car. Just trying to provide useful information.

    Guess I'll see my way out of this thread then....

    And I thank you and everybody for the info I'm still new to Subaru's I try to research as much as I can but a smart man listens to everybody's input. So again I say thank you

  10. #39
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,219
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That's good!

    Just as a word of advice... in the Subaru community "stance," "dope," and "illest," are not typically met with positive reaction. Most will deem you a ricer. It is your car so mod it how you like! But just bear that in mind.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  11. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That's good!

    Just as a word of advice... in the Subaru community "stance," "dope," and "illest," are not typically met with positive reaction. Most will deem you a ricer. It is your car so mod it how you like! But just bear that in mind.
    Good to know thought it was just jdm but that's such a huge agreement I don't want to get into

  12. #41
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,219
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    In the past, the Subaru community (more or less) separated from the rest of the "JDM fanboys," though I feel that convergence is occurring.

    Anyway, the fun of modifying a car is making it JUST the way you like it. It doesn't matter how fast or agile the car is as long as the car drives just the way you want.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  13. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    In the past, the Subaru community (more or less) separated from the rest of the "JDM fanboys," though I feel that convergence is occurring.
    Got it well I'm glad to be a Subaru guy

  14. #43
    Registered User cflip2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,333
    I Support ClubWRX
    Im not a fan of the plug n play HID though I will admit I did do it on my previous car. Though with my WRX I saved up and did the proper retrofit. If you are able to find some used STI 06+ projectors (not the complete headlight) they would be the most direct with very minimal modification to headlights. There are better projectors out there though they would require more custom mouting solutions. I am not a fan of such a high kelvin bulb myself but agian your car its all up to you. If you want some good info on HID retrofitting you may want to check out hidplanet

    This is what would be involved with a retrofit just for an FYI

    http://www.wrxforums.com/forums/11-s...right-way.html
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...hlight=impreza

    and something else inregards to HID retrofit. Project Scooby 2014 WRX

    Good luck with the car and keep the build up to date.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 08-05-2014 at 08:41 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

    CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

  15. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Im not a fan of the plug n play HID though I will admit I did do it on my previous car. Though with my WRX I saved up and did the proper retrofit. If you are able to find some used STI 06+ projectors (not the complete headlight) they would be the most direct with very minimal modification to headlights. There are better projectors out there though they would require more custom mouting solutions. Good luck with the car and keep the build up to date.
    Thanks for the info I will look into that yea I put all these mods on awhile ago and didn't know if I wanted to do a build thread or just list them on the mod list so I decided to make one and I'm happy I did

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    63
    Been looking to install a bumper lip and probably side skit(either extensions or lips idk what to call them) but all i see is for a sti. Anybody know if they go for both or if there is one specific for MY08 Wrx?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •