Building the Turbo Whale:) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

This is a discussion on Building the Turbo Whale:) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; found an Illest badge and just had to get it. Came in black so decided to plasti dip it red...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    found an Illest badge and just had to get it. Came in black so decided to plasti dip it red

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47


    Bought the steering wheel and front and rear emblem vinyls. Went on pretty easy especially with the heat gun and water spray bottle. Thank you jdmfanaticvinyls

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    +1 for stickers

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    grimmspeed ebcs, super easy install and of course nothing is ever completely bolt on and of course I got the LGT bracket...... and didn't want to send it back so i bent the bracket a bit and mounted it better in the LGT spot.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    Turbosmart Kompact BPV and Mishimoto throttle body hose. Fixed My boost leak right away plus both are just so much better quality over stock there's just no comparison. Throttle body hose was pretty easy to put on just what ever quack put on the stock one put the hose clamp in a bad position but just moved some hoses and there it was

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    had to get a pic of the accessport. Best mod ever. Actually Accesstuner race is my favorite mod love being able to tune my car myself living in the south bay not too many options for protuning

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    and one of my very last mods atm HID Kit. Can't wait to do the fog lights next

  9. #23
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,866
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you had done any research, you'd know the dangers of running that particular intake.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  10. #24
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,793
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. What map are you running?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  11. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If you had done any research, you'd know the dangers of running that particular intake.
    Haven't heard any complaints about it before just where the maf sensor is located it likes to act as a cold and a short ram. But I have it tuned specifically so should be no issue. What were the dangers you heard? Not trying to be a smart*** just want to know since I wasn't informed before

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nice. What map are you running?

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanks broI call it stage 1.5 but its the stage 1 map and I tuned it through Accesstuner race since I'm running the ebcs and they don't have a map for the injen intake anyway. Got the boost peaking at 16 then dropping off. Dang TD04

  13. #27
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,866
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CCastro23WRX View Post
    Haven't heard any complaints about it before just where the maf sensor is located it likes to act as a cold and a short ram. But I have it tuned specifically so should be no issue. What were the dangers you heard? Not trying to be a smart*** just want to know since I wasn't informed before
    Injen is notorious for throwing off the MAFv compensation tables. If you have a WBO2 sensor, this is easily fixed. If not, I'd remove the intake until you install a WBO2. You won't see any gains out of the intake anyway.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Injen is notorious for throwing off the MAFv compensation tables. If you have a WBO2 sensor, this is easily fixed. If not, I'd remove the intake until you install a WBO2. You won't see any gains out of the intake anyway.
    Cool it was just what I heard. Good thing I was shooting for a WBO2 soon then I can really get this thing dialed. Intakes I've never seen any gains just better sound and colder air thank you for the info sir was afraid it might have been catastrophic

  15. #29
    Lando Calrissian DemonWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cloud City, Bespin
    Posts
    3,265
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CCastro23WRX View Post
    and one of my very last mods atm HID Kit. Can't wait to do the fog lights next
    Please tell us this was a full on retrofit kit to replace the stock projectors with proper HID projectors? If you just threw HID bulbs and balasts into the stocl halogen projectors you should be beaten with a spiked bat
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Please tell us this was a full on retrofit kit to replace the stock projectors with proper HID projectors? If you just threw HID bulbs and balasts into the stocl halogen projectors you should be beaten with a spiked bat
    Relax I've been looking for some retrofits but just using stock projectors right now. Yea I've read up on it just wanted hids in asap. Cuz it looks good

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •