Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased my second WRX with a hybrid motor in it with VF39, front mount, fuel rails, lines, pump. I ...

Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences

I purchased my second WRX with a hybrid motor in it with VF39, front mount, fuel rails, lines, pump. I have my Perrin rotated kit w/ GT3071R, 44mm Tial EWG 14lb spring. Turbo xs fuel rails, lines, need bigger injectors but don't if I should do 850 or 1000's, warlbro 255, Perrin up and dp. And already have my built 5 speed in. JDM STi gears hardened, treated, and built by IPT.

Now. I was told this had bottom rebuilt to stock when the build was done. I don't know what else has been done to it though. I'm not wanting to put all my stuff on it until I figure that out. I need some experiences with these cause I have never owned a hybrid. The heads have little noise to them so that is a must. New to know what to do about block. Leave it stock? I want to keep the compression fairly low so do I go the JE hybrid piston route? If I go this route what about over hang. Or do I machine the heads to match CC of an STi to keep ratio around 8.2:1? Any other ideas? Goal is close to 400whp. Rather not build an extensive motor at this moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.