Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences

This is a discussion on Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I purchased my second WRX with a hybrid motor in it with VF39, front mount, fuel rails, lines, pump. I ...

Need some Bugeye Hybrid motor build experiences

I purchased my second WRX with a hybrid motor in it with VF39, front mount, fuel rails, lines, pump. I have my Perrin rotated kit w/ GT3071R, 44mm Tial EWG 14lb spring. Turbo xs fuel rails, lines, need bigger injectors but don't if I should do 850 or 1000's, warlbro 255, Perrin up and dp. And already have my built 5 speed in. JDM STi gears hardened, treated, and built by IPT.

Now. I was told this had bottom rebuilt to stock when the build was done. I don't know what else has been done to it though. I'm not wanting to put all my stuff on it until I figure that out. I need some experiences with these cause I have never owned a hybrid. The heads have little noise to them so that is a must. New to know what to do about block. Leave it stock? I want to keep the compression fairly low so do I go the JE hybrid piston route? If I go this route what about over hang. Or do I machine the heads to match CC of an STi to keep ratio around 8.2:1? Any other ideas? Goal is close to 400whp. Rather not build an extensive motor at this moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg