InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress

This is a discussion on InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am not going to be builing a super race car so this build is just a "make it my ...

InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress

I am not going to be builing a super race car so this build is just a "make it my own" build!
    This is my OFFICIAL build thread
    I hope you enjoy!

I used to have a 2008 Mazda 3i Sport. I sold that because i wanted AWD and with my friends being bigger then their high school sizes I needed more power haha.

This was my Mazda 3

Date: June 06, 2014
    Mood: Bored

I have now been looking for a WRX for a good two and a half weeks and set out to take another round down state street looking at dealerships. I am passing a Mazda dealership and the hood of this subaru catches my eye. So my brother turns around and takes me there.. I see that its not a WRX but its an STi.. I didnt want one because i know they were more and probably out of my price range. As i am looking it over a man comes out and tells me about this car they bought, and how nice it is, and we can get a deal, blah blah (typical dealer talk). Something told me to at least talk to them about it.
    So i test drive and love sets in! So we get back and he wants to crunch numbers. So They origionally wanted 33,800 for it. I asked them to show me how much they bought it for and the man was not happy. I got an INSANE deal!! I only paid 400 dollars more then they paid for it.

After about an hour, i walk out of the dealership as an owner of a Subaru, and my smile couldnt be bigger!!

2011 SWP Subaru STi
    Miles: 43,000
    Mods: Injen Intake, SPT Exhaust, Rally Armour Mudflaps, Lowering Springs, Stupid color changing dome light xD

How Long Does Famous Last?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I would take the injen intake off asap. Get a stock one on there (or buy a COBB or AEM and get the proper tune on the car). Doesn't sound like the car is tuned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome! I would take the injen intake off asap. Get a stock one on there (or buy a COBB or AEM and get the proper tune on the car). Doesn't sound like the car is tuned for it.
    It wasn't taken off asap... see my next post haha

I forgot to add this...

Date: June 07, 2014
    Time: 7:00 PM

I have now had my car for 25 hours and as I'm driving down the road, i all of a sudden feel a loss of power and my dash lights up like a Christmas tree..
    CEL was on, I/S/S# was flashing, Traction Control was on, Diff was flashing, etc..
    I immediately pull over and notice the car has a rough idle..
    I pop the hood and see the motor shaking like a marble on a subwoofer!

Looks like itís back to the dealer!!
    My car is at Mark Miller Subaru and Iím dealing with them and the warranty.
    They are talking about how the Injen intake caused it to run lean(Iím assuming previous owner didnít tune) and now Iím worried about the warranty being void due to this intake.
    After about a week of stress I get a call saying my car is cleared for repairs and warranty will cover it. I immediately tell them to take off the intake with the repairs.

20 days pass and I finally get my car back!!!

I received a BRAND NEW out of the box motor and a brand new turbo!
    So I am not to upset about it anymore (:

This is what they found when digging into the motor

This is all the work that they did

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes!
    I'm glad to hear the dealer took care of you. I'm lucky and one of my long time friends is the service manager at my local Subaru dealer. And another friend manages a custom exhaust shop. Glad they took care of you welcome to the club. Everyone drinks the kool aid here!!
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Yikes!
    I'm glad to hear the dealer took care of you. I'm lucky and one of my long time friends is the service manager at my local Subaru dealer. And another friend manages a custom exhaust shop. Glad they took care of you welcome to the club. Everyone drinks the kool aid here!!
    Thanks!!
    I was surprised and so happy that they helped me out! I probably would have cried if not haha
    I will drink kool aid as long as its not grape!!