InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am not going to be builing a super race car so this build is just a "make it my ...

InfamousZoltan's Build of Progress

I am not going to be builing a super race car so this build is just a "make it my own" build!
    This is my OFFICIAL build thread
    I hope you enjoy!

I used to have a 2008 Mazda 3i Sport. I sold that because i wanted AWD and with my friends being bigger then their high school sizes I needed more power haha.

This was my Mazda 3

Date: June 06, 2014
    Mood: Bored

I have now been looking for a WRX for a good two and a half weeks and set out to take another round down state street looking at dealerships. I am passing a Mazda dealership and the hood of this subaru catches my eye. So my brother turns around and takes me there.. I see that its not a WRX but its an STi.. I didnt want one because i know they were more and probably out of my price range. As i am looking it over a man comes out and tells me about this car they bought, and how nice it is, and we can get a deal, blah blah (typical dealer talk). Something told me to at least talk to them about it.
    So i test drive and love sets in! So we get back and he wants to crunch numbers. So They origionally wanted 33,800 for it. I asked them to show me how much they bought it for and the man was not happy. I got an INSANE deal!! I only paid 400 dollars more then they paid for it.

After about an hour, i walk out of the dealership as an owner of a Subaru, and my smile couldnt be bigger!!

2011 SWP Subaru STi
    Miles: 43,000
    Mods: Injen Intake, SPT Exhaust, Rally Armour Mudflaps, Lowering Springs, Stupid color changing dome light xD

CURRENT Mods:
    Engine/Performance:
    COBB SRI
    SPT Catback Exhaust
    COBB accessport V3 (Stage 1 tune)

Wheels/Suspension:
    Cusco rear lower control arms
    (Brand?) Lowering Springs

Exterior:
    Rally Armor Mudflaps
    Black STi fender badges
    White LED license plate light
    Awesome damage to rear bumper from previous owner

Interior:
    White LED lights(dome/map)

Want to Buy:
    Tint (43% front, 5% back.. legal in Utah)
    Coilovers (BC or Tien)
    Interior dash pieces Hydrodipped (Carbon Fiber)
    Wheels Powder coated (blue, gold, or purple)
    Downpipe (Brand?)
    Bigger TMIC or FMIC (unsure on which)
    Fuel Pump (DeatschWerks DW65c)
    Injectors
    Short Throw Shifter (Kartboy or COBB)
    Sway bar (Brand?)
    Endlinks (Brand?)

Thats all i can think of right now...
    Last edited by Infamouszoltan; 10-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I would take the injen intake off asap. Get a stock one on there (or buy a COBB or AEM and get the proper tune on the car). Doesn't sound like the car is tuned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome! I would take the injen intake off asap. Get a stock one on there (or buy a COBB or AEM and get the proper tune on the car). Doesn't sound like the car is tuned for it.
    It wasn't taken off asap... see my next post haha
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I forgot to add this...

Date: June 07, 2014
    Time: 7:00 PM

I have now had my car for 25 hours and as I'm driving down the road, i all of a sudden feel a loss of power and my dash lights up like a Christmas tree..
    CEL was on, I/S/S# was flashing, Traction Control was on, Diff was flashing, etc..
    I immediately pull over and notice the car has a rough idle..
    I pop the hood and see the motor shaking like a marble on a subwoofer!

Looks like itís back to the dealer!!
    My car is at Mark Miller Subaru and Iím dealing with them and the warranty.
    They are talking about how the Injen intake caused it to run lean(Iím assuming previous owner didnít tune) and now Iím worried about the warranty being void due to this intake.
    After about a week of stress I get a call saying my car is cleared for repairs and warranty will cover it. I immediately tell them to take off the intake with the repairs.

20 days pass and I finally get my car back!!!

I received a BRAND NEW out of the box motor and a brand new turbo!
    So I am not to upset about it anymore (:

This is what they found when digging into the motor

This is all the work that they did

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes!
    I'm glad to hear the dealer took care of you. I'm lucky and one of my long time friends is the service manager at my local Subaru dealer. And another friend manages a custom exhaust shop. Glad they took care of you welcome to the club. Everyone drinks the kool aid here!!
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Yikes!
    I'm glad to hear the dealer took care of you. I'm lucky and one of my long time friends is the service manager at my local Subaru dealer. And another friend manages a custom exhaust shop. Glad they took care of you welcome to the club. Everyone drinks the kool aid here!!
    Thanks!!
    I was surprised and so happy that they helped me out! I probably would have cried if not haha
    I will drink kool aid as long as its not grape!!

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

My fender badges are now black!

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I also painted my wheels white!!

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I finally got my accessport v3!!

I got it all installed and set up

I also ran the Dynometer it has and this was the result.
    Not sure how accurate it is but it’s cool to see.

Last edited by Infamouszoltan; 08-04-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice Buddy!
    Those things are great. I even have 2 customer maps on mine that my tuner made for me. An AP is a great tool. And I can't stress enough to datalog constantly. This is they way to know how well engine is running and if your getting the most from your mods.
    What intake do you have on car now?
    I would go with Cobb AF and the airbox. Maps on AP include SF intake and AEM intake. I have the Cobb myself it is nice, but loud.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Nice Buddy!
    Those things are great. I even have 2 customer maps on mine that my tuner made for me. An AP is a great tool. And I can't stress enough to datalog constantly. This is they way to know how well engine is running and if your getting the most from your mods.
    What intake do you have on car now?
    I would go with Cobb AF and the airbox. Maps on AP include SF intake and AEM intake. I have the Cobb myself it is nice, but loud.
    I have the COBB Short Ram SF Intake .. It doesn't have the airbox but i've been thinking about getting it..
    Does it make a difference?

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. The box I'd definitely worth it. Because of where the SF sits in engine bay, it absorbs heat. I got the Cobb airbox, then I lined the outside of box with DEI reflectagold. The factory snorkel goes inside Cobb airbox, to give it direct outside air. And keeps SF from sucking heat in. It also quiets intake down a little bit. Plus once you have the airbox in it has a cool look. Do you have a downpipe yet?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Yes. The box I'd definitely worth it. Because of where the SF sits in engine bay, it absorbs heat. I got the Cobb airbox, then I lined the outside of box with DEI reflectagold. The factory snorkel goes inside Cobb airbox, to give it direct outside air. And keeps SF from sucking heat in. It also quiets intake down a little bit. Plus once you have the airbox in it has a cool look. Do you have a downpipe yet?
    Awesome well i will have to look at getting that box than!!
    I don't exactly know if i have a downpipe yet. I bought the car from the dealer and they had no idea what was done to it. I honestly don't think i have one. I'm checking this weekend

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Open hood go to passenger side and look down. If there is a big smooth (No brand name) heatshield the DP is probably stock. If you see after market heatshield below intercooler on passenger side and a big tube pipe with no heatshield on pipe under it you probably have a down pipe. Open your hood and take a couple pictures on passenger side engine just below intercooler. That way we can tell for sure.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

Open hood go to passenger side and look down. If there is a big smooth (No brand name) heatshield the DP is probably stock. If you see after market heatshield below intercooler on passenger side and a big tube pipe with no heatshield on pipe under it you probably have a down pipe. Open your hood and take a couple pictures on passenger side engine just below intercooler. That way we can tell for sure.
    Based off what you said, i dont believe i have an aftermarket downpipe. I took pictures just to be safe

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.