My 2015 Build
Results 1 to 13 of 13

This is a discussion on My 2015 Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Mods to Date: -Nameless Performance Muffler Delete w/ 4" tips. Everyone is familiar with the Stock muffler/tip setup New 4" ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50

    My 2015 Build

    Mods to Date:
    -Nameless Performance Muffler Delete w/ 4" tips.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1323.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	155465
    Everyone is familiar with the Stock muffler/tip setup

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1330.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	155473
    New 4" tips look great on this car!


    Keep in mind, the audio on the video was recorded with my iPhone, the video does not do it justice. The exhaust sounds great in person and is a huge improvement over the stock. Install was very easy and took me maybe 30 minutes.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    40
    Looks awesome! Thanks for the video and pics!

  4. #3
    Registered User Rainking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    88
    Do those tips touch/rub on each other especially when driving?

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    no there is no touching or rubbing at all.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1289.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	155585
    the tips have a gap between them and once the muffler deletes are hung in the stock hangers and bolted to rest of your exhaust there is no movement.

  6. #5
    Supporting Member TownLine500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    91
    I Support ClubWRX
    What are you doing for a DP?? As dumb as it sounds get a catted DP. Unless your state is cool with emissions test. I live just outside Boston and cat less is illegal here. And my friend that don't have a cat. Keep getting CELs and it must be annoying on a new car.
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8
    Those tips are a huge improvement over the small stock ones. Any future plans for the car?

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    What are you doing for a DP?? As dumb as it sounds get a catted DP. Unless your state is cool with emissions test. I live just outside Boston and cat less is illegal here. And my friend that don't have a cat. Keep getting CELs and it must be annoying on a new car.
    I am not sure what I am going to do for a downpipe. Nameless has one out that I would like to get but I am unsure if i want to get one now or wait until my warranty is closer to expiring. I live in NYS, NYS is not cool with anything.
    Last edited by Johnsy; 07-15-2014 at 06:50 AM.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by YangerD View Post
    Those tips are a huge improvement over the small stock ones. Any future plans for the car?
    The muffler delete kit was a great purchase for me. It has a mean rumble to it and you can actually hear it driving at highway speeds which is a vast improvement over stock. my future plans for the car, I would like to do the downpipe, tune, tint windows but I am newer to modding and I am still hesitant to do anything that will void warranty. I am sure that will change eventually though. I have only had this car for about 6 weeks and I am really looking forward to doing some more mods to it.
    Last edited by Johnsy; 07-15-2014 at 06:49 AM.

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Plate Delete.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	157601

    Nameless sent me a Front Plate Delete Kit when I ordered my Muffler Delete, so I threw that on my car. Ignore all the dead bugs, I have washed my car multiple times since this picture was taken!
    Last edited by Johnsy; 07-15-2014 at 06:48 AM.

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Johnsy, appreciate the thread, I also purchased a Nameless axelback exhaust for my '15 WRX.. Quick question, about how long did it take from the day you purchased from Nameless until the day it was shipped? I'm so anxious to receive it and mount it, I almost cant take it haha... Also, as far as the installation, it was fairly straightforward? Thanks, and your car looks/sounds great!

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXinSC42 View Post
    Johnsy, appreciate the thread, I also purchased a Nameless axelback exhaust for my '15 WRX.. Quick question, about how long did it take from the day you purchased from Nameless until the day it was shipped? I'm so anxious to receive it and mount it, I almost cant take it haha... Also, as far as the installation, it was fairly straightforward? Thanks, and your car looks/sounds great!
    Thank You WRXinSC42! From purchase to ship it took about 5-6 weeks. Once shipped it took about another 5 days to get to me via Fed Ex.

    As for the installation, it was so simple even I could do it. Once I was under my car it took about 20 minutes to remove the old and install the new.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhaust 2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	157809
    This is how it will look from Nameless. mine looked great and the craftsmanship was impressive. And please ignore the burn on the table, my girlfriend is still mad about that.

    When installing, you can access both sets of screws without using a lift or jack. Just remove the two sets of screws holding the stock exhaust in and scrape off any gasket if necessary. The hardest part is getting the mufflers off the rubber hangers, WD40 would help a lot with this. There should be two aluminum hangers on each muffler that you have to get free to remove. Each hanger is going in a different direction so you have to move one way then another to get them free. Once you do that, put the included gasket and new muffler deletes on and bolt back into place then your done! super easy and sounds great in person, let me know what you think once you have yours installed!

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks for the write-up, that doesn't sound too bad.. I was really hoping it wouldn't take quite as long to receive after order, but I know these are made to order so I know that does take a bit of time. I was very indecisive when looking for mufflers, but your video/sound clip is what made me go with this one, so thanks for that... I purchased basically the exact same one, 4" staggered tips and muffler delete, except I went with powdercoated black. I will certainly post some pictures once I have it installed. Here is my thread if you're interested in checking it out, the only thing I've done so far is roof rack and tint. I actually just replaced the thule fairing yesterday for an inno, and I am much more pleased with the aesthetics. My 2015 WRX Thanks again!

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXinSC42 View Post
    Thanks for the write-up, that doesn't sound too bad.. I was really hoping it wouldn't take quite as long to receive after order, but I know these are made to order so I know that does take a bit of time. I was very indecisive when looking for mufflers, but your video/sound clip is what made me go with this one, so thanks for that... I purchased basically the exact same one, 4" staggered tips and muffler delete, except I went with powdercoated black. I will certainly post some pictures once I have it installed. Here is my thread if you're interested in checking it out, the only thing I've done so far is roof rack and tint. I actually just replaced the thule fairing yesterday for an inno, and I am much more pleased with the aesthetics. My 2015 WRX Thanks again!
    Yes definitely post pictures, I would like to see how the powdercoating looks on there. I will definitely take a look at your build as I am always interested in where others take their WRX's Keep up the good work and I am glad I could help you with your decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •