gizmo's 2015 GBP WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on gizmo's 2015 GBP WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; RPF1's are my pick of the lot!...

RPF1's are my pick of the lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    As much as I love the 2015 limited sti wheels, I'm thinking about switching it up. I will go with something similar to the oem wheel size with a different offset. Somewhere around 18x8.5 +38~45 or 18x9.5 +45~55

Suggestions are welcome, my considerations in no particular order so far are:
    Enkei NT03+M

Enkei RPF1

SSR GTV01

Gram Lights 57DR

WORK Emotion CR Ultimate
    Gram Lights in black, just saying!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

My suggestion is that you ship those sti rims directly to me 😂😂😂😂 and back to your question in my mind u cant go wrong with the ssr's in my book

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the bbs wheels way too much to put effort into selling them. I listed them locally so if someone comes along and picks them up, I'll get the motivation to try something else out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Incoming new toy. I'll probably have it up in a week or two.

What toy?!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Found a reasonably priced N1 exhaust, I've been getting bored and decided to try out a dual tip exhaust system. From what I've read and heard, it won't be too loud on the 2015 WRX.

I like quad tip tho. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone does, this is only temporary until more are released. It's pretty much an experiment to see how loud these cars get so I know what kind of quad tip I will eventually go with.

I Support ClubWRX

Well, well! Congrats man!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

You hit 1k miles today? Congrats!!

I Support ClubWRX
    New exhaust getting installed tomorrow, switching license plate mounts and opti-coat going on next tuesday

I Support ClubWRX
    Update from past couple weeks:
    - Nameless axleback replaced with Invidia dual n1 catback (Nameless is for sale)
    - Skene Design license plate bracket replaced with Perrin license plate relocate (giving Skene bracket away to anyone willing to pay the shipping)
    - Nameless license plate delete removed
    - Pioneer AppRadio3 replaced with Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH
    - Cobb AP v3 stage1 OTS installed
    - Raceseng hybrid knob tested
    - Opticoat pro

Exhaust:
    Nameless is a great sounding exhaust, but I didn't feel like waiting for a mid-pipe to be fabricated and I found a good deal on the n1 full cat-back. After driving with the n1 exhaust a couple days, I have concluded that the 2015 WRX is just a quiet car in general. Which is not a bad thing to me, I'm enjoying testing out a bunch of different options to find a tone I want to settle on. Both exhausts are a little louder than the stock and have completely different tones. The Nameless is more of a raw grunt under hard acceleration, whereas the n1 is more deep and mellow. Unless I find another good deal on a used cat-back, a Corsa exhaust will most likely be my next choice when it's released.

License plate bracket:
    After two months with the Skene Design bracket, I noticed it was getting a little lose and needed to tighten the screws. Also noticed that the 3m tape that is provided with it was no longer sticky from the license plate moving while driving. I did like the installation location and flexibility of the bracket, but I recommend using zip ties to secure it to the bottom grill. The Perrin bracket went on very easily with no problems with clearance with the bumper. I'm not really a fan of the side mounted license plates but it is more secure than the Skene Design bracket.

Stereo:
    I've said it before AppRadio3 is a good value if you plan on plugging your phone in every time you drive. It's normally what I do anyways to get a quick charge. The display is very elegant and really makes the interior of the car look nice and complete. Only problem was that I wanted to try out a Blackberry, which is not supported well by AppRadio, so I switched to the AVIC-Z150BH. I think the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH has a couple more eq settings, but other than the the sound for the two are similar. The avic is a little older model, so the display seems dated, but still effective.

Cobb:
    Never drove with the stock tune over 4500 rpm, but I can say the Cobb OTS tune linear throttle response is a very nice change.

Shift Knob:
    The Raceseng slamoggli or whatever it's called is a nice weighted knob and really feels natural when you grab it. I was a little disappointed at the size of it, it feels a bit awkward going from the small STI knob to it. I was also a little disappointed that the knob was a little scuffed when I got it, but I don't have a show car so it wasn't too bad. The hybrid aspect of it is great, never got hot to the touch.

Paint protection:
    I decided to go with opti-coat pro mostly because it's a permanent protection and made sense financially compared to cquartz finest. I just got the car back today so I cant really comment on how well it works. I am very happy with the detailing prep work that the shop did prior to applying the opti-coat. Car looks better than new right now.

Too much going on for me to follow. lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast