gizmo's 2015 GBP WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on gizmo's 2015 GBP WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; RPF1's are my pick of the lot!...

RPF1's are my pick of the lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    As much as I love the 2015 limited sti wheels, I'm thinking about switching it up. I will go with something similar to the oem wheel size with a different offset. Somewhere around 18x8.5 +38~45 or 18x9.5 +45~55

Suggestions are welcome, my considerations in no particular order so far are:
    Enkei NT03+M

Enkei RPF1

SSR GTV01

Gram Lights 57DR

WORK Emotion CR Ultimate
    Gram Lights in black, just saying!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

My suggestion is that you ship those sti rims directly to me 😂😂😂😂 and back to your question in my mind u cant go wrong with the ssr's in my book

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the bbs wheels way too much to put effort into selling them. I listed them locally so if someone comes along and picks them up, I'll get the motivation to try something else out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Incoming new toy. I'll probably have it up in a week or two.

What toy?!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Found a reasonably priced N1 exhaust, I've been getting bored and decided to try out a dual tip exhaust system. From what I've read and heard, it won't be too loud on the 2015 WRX.

I like quad tip tho. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone does, this is only temporary until more are released. It's pretty much an experiment to see how loud these cars get so I know what kind of quad tip I will eventually go with.

I Support ClubWRX

Well, well! Congrats man!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

You hit 1k miles today? Congrats!!

I Support ClubWRX
    New exhaust getting installed tomorrow, switching license plate mounts and opti-coat going on next tuesday

I Support ClubWRX
    Update from past couple weeks:
    - Nameless axleback replaced with Invidia dual n1 catback (Nameless is for sale)
    - Skene Design license plate bracket replaced with Perrin license plate relocate (giving Skene bracket away to anyone willing to pay the shipping)
    - Nameless license plate delete removed
    - Pioneer AppRadio3 replaced with Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH
    - Cobb AP v3 stage1 OTS installed
    - Raceseng hybrid knob tested
    - Opticoat pro

Exhaust:
    Nameless is a great sounding exhaust, but I didn't feel like waiting for a mid-pipe to be fabricated and I found a good deal on the n1 full cat-back. After driving with the n1 exhaust a couple days, I have concluded that the 2015 WRX is just a quiet car in general. Which is not a bad thing to me, I'm enjoying testing out a bunch of different options to find a tone I want to settle on. Both exhausts are a little louder than the stock and have completely different tones. The Nameless is more of a raw grunt under hard acceleration, whereas the n1 is more deep and mellow. Unless I find another good deal on a used cat-back, a Corsa exhaust will most likely be my next choice when it's released.

License plate bracket:
    After two months with the Skene Design bracket, I noticed it was getting a little lose and needed to tighten the screws. Also noticed that the 3m tape that is provided with it was no longer sticky from the license plate moving while driving. I did like the installation location and flexibility of the bracket, but I recommend using zip ties to secure it to the bottom grill. The Perrin bracket went on very easily with no problems with clearance with the bumper. I'm not really a fan of the side mounted license plates but it is more secure than the Skene Design bracket.

Stereo:
    I've said it before AppRadio3 is a good value if you plan on plugging your phone in every time you drive. It's normally what I do anyways to get a quick charge. The display is very elegant and really makes the interior of the car look nice and complete. Only problem was that I wanted to try out a Blackberry, which is not supported well by AppRadio, so I switched to the AVIC-Z150BH. I think the Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH has a couple more eq settings, but other than the the sound for the two are similar. The avic is a little older model, so the display seems dated, but still effective.

Cobb:
    Never drove with the stock tune over 4500 rpm, but I can say the Cobb OTS tune linear throttle response is a very nice change.

Shift Knob:
    The Raceseng slamoggli or whatever it's called is a nice weighted knob and really feels natural when you grab it. I was a little disappointed at the size of it, it feels a bit awkward going from the small STI knob to it. I was also a little disappointed that the knob was a little scuffed when I got it, but I don't have a show car so it wasn't too bad. The hybrid aspect of it is great, never got hot to the touch.

Paint protection:
    I decided to go with opti-coat pro mostly because it's a permanent protection and made sense financially compared to cquartz finest. I just got the car back today so I cant really comment on how well it works. I am very happy with the detailing prep work that the shop did prior to applying the opti-coat. Car looks better than new right now.

Too much going on for me to follow. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.