Bueno's 2014 STI build

This is a discussion on Bueno's 2014 STI build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello forum, finally waited a couple of thousand miles to start modding to make sure there weren't any flaws in ...

Bueno's 2014 STI build

Hello forum, finally waited a couple of thousand miles to start modding to make sure there weren't any flaws in my car. Overall, my plan for this car is to make around 400-450 whp and it won't be my dd for much longer. I plan on having an upgraded turbo (any suggestions?), fmic, and upgraded internals before next spring.
    Here's my build so far:

Performance

kstech 73mm intake
    Grimmspeed ebcs
    aeromotive FPR set up
    Invidia DP and Q300
    Perrin EL headers
    Tial 38mm ewg and Grimmspeed piping
    dw65c fuel pump
    id1000's (swapping soon)
    93 oct

Exterior

20% window tint on sides
    5% on rear
    Chrome delete

(i need rims badly but i am kind of enjoying the stealth/stock look)

anyways thanks for looking , will update as more parts come in!

Last edited by CHRISesBUENO; 04-30-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a pretty lofty goal. You might want to think about doing a rotated turbo set up if you are looking for 450+WHP. Also, I noticed you don't have a fuel pump on your mod list. You will want to add a higher flowing fuel pump for a big build like this (you might already have it!).

If you are not hung up on insane power, but want something that you could still reasonably drive (but still crazy power), you might want to think about sticking with a good quality TMIC (Processwest, or ETS) and sticking to a stock location turbo swap, such as the 3.0XT-R (this is what I want some day!). I have heard through research these can see close to 500WHP if set up properly. Just a thought! I am sure some of the individuals on here that have more turbo swapping experience will chime in

If you have access to E85, you might want to think about doing larger injectors and running E85 instead of pump gas. You can go much more aggressive with this fuel.

Also, some brake/handling mods would be wise too (high performance tires, SS lines, fluid, sways, endlinks, bushings - pitchstop, engine mounts, transmission mount, shifter bushings, diff lock down, etc).

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    That's a pretty lofty goal. You might want to think about doing a rotated turbo set up if you are looking for 450+WHP. Also, I noticed you don't have a fuel pump on your mod list. You will want to add a higher flowing fuel pump for a big build like this (you might already have it!).

If you are not hung up on insane power, but want something that you could still reasonably drive (but still crazy power), you might want to think about sticking with a good quality TMIC (Processwest, or ETS) and sticking to a stock location turbo swap, such as the 3.0XT-R (this is what I want some day!). I have heard through research these can see close to 500WHP if set up properly. Just a thought! I am sure some of the individuals on here that have more turbo swapping experience will chime in

If you have access to E85, you might want to think about doing larger injectors and running E85 instead of pump gas. You can go much more aggressive with this fuel.

Also, some brake/handling mods would be wise too (high performance tires, SS lines, fluid, sways, endlinks, bushings - pitchstop, engine mounts, transmission mount, shifter bushings, diff lock down, etc).

Good luck!
    i have a dw65c and id1000's at the moment and i kind of just bought it to hold me over so i can atleast do some racing in this summer. i have a buddy who just bought a wrx and wants to purchase these once he breaks in so it should work perfect. i do gave access to e85 and i really don't know why i didn't end up getting it haha, everyday i plan on emailing him to get an appt. i was considering doing a tmic and was looking into spearco and pw but my tuner seems to be a high believer of having fmic, a lot of memebers and friends are telling me to go tmic. my tuner seems to like garret for a turbo swap (never asked what model) but, i am still open to suggestions! and as for the other mods i plan on getting there, i got this stuff within a few weeks span so my bank account needs to do some recovering . i was planning on ordering some mounts tonight starting with the pitch stop. my tires have only around 1000 miles on them and i was going to wait until i got rims for my upgrade. i love the nt03, ame tm02, rpf1, pf01, a lot of the work emotions but i haven't decided yet. either way its looking like i am going to be needing coilovers to fit most of these so coils will come first (probably do sways at the same time).

thanks for the input ill keep ya posted on my build as it goes on! thanks for the luck, im sure ill need it hahaha
    2012 wrx 5 door stage 3 + (traded in)
    2014 sti 4 door 297whp/329wtq stage 2 innovative tuned