Nepalese ' s 2015 WRX build log. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nepalese ' s 2015 WRX build log. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cflip2x The cut off for the HID dont look as shart but at the same time there ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    The cut off for the HID dont look as shart but at the same time there doesnt seem to have much glare above the cut off so thats a plus
    Bahahahaha shart
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsy View Post
    I plan on putting HID in my WRX when I get it. It definitely looks easy judging from your pictures.
    It is easy. I would suggest not following the manufacturer's guide to reaching the bulb. For the driver's side, remove one of the battery holder and push the battery away from you so there is room to squeeze your hand in. As for the passenger side, remove half of the air box and your are good to go.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepalese View Post
    It is easy. I would suggest not following the manufacturer's guide to reaching the bulb. For the driver's side, remove one of the battery holder and push the battery away from you so there is room to squeeze your hand in. As for the passenger side, remove half of the air box and your are good to go.
    Yes, it is very easy to do it incorrectly. If you had done it correctly by RETROFITTING the housings, it would not be so simple. I'm glad to know that you are driving around blinding all other traffic.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    The cut off for the HID dont look as shart but at the same time there doesnt seem to have much glare above the cut off so thats a plus
    Yeah. I had my buddy drive in front of me at night and he said that the glare wasnt bad. It didnt blind him so thats good. Saving up for Q300 for now then will start saving up for quad retro projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Yes, it is very easy to do it incorrectly. If you had done it correctly by RETROFITTING the housings, it would not be so simple. I'm glad to know that you are driving around blinding all other traffic.
    I am not a fool. When I had my 2008 Si, I had quad retrofit lights done by myself. I will retrofit these lights or will get them STI's lights.

This is my old ride.

Last edited by Nepalese; 04-24-2014 at 01:16 PM.

zax
    I am not a fool. When I had my 2008 Si, I had quad retrofit lights done by myself. I will retrofit these lights or will get them STI's lights.
    Well let's see... you have your plan listed as "Invidia header."

You don't know the capability of the stock unit. You don't even know if an aftermarket header will yield any gains at this point! At this point, the ideal mod path is not yet defined so why is your future plan?

Facebook me here

just wait imo before doing any engine mods..

Well let's see... you have your plan listed as "Invidia header."

You don't know the capability of the stock unit. You don't even know if an aftermarket header will yield any gains at this point! At this point, the ideal mod path is not yet defined so why is your future plan?
    Well, I was going to start saving for those parts. I had invidia header and exhaust and AEM SRI on my Si with Flashpro tuned. I like to plan things out ahead of time. This is why I said I would update the parts list as I get closer to where I want to be. If something doesnt work out, then I will change the list. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    just wait imo before doing any engine mods..
    Yeah, thats why all those parts are listed under "Future Mods" list. No doubt Invidia will release the header, whether it yields gains or not. Might be for better sound? Who knows. Only time will tell. But I am a fan of Invidia's parts and if they do release the header, I will get it to pair up with the Q300 along with the downpipe.

zax
    Well, I was going to start saving for those parts. I had invidia header and exhaust and AEM SRI on my Si with Flashpro tuned. I like to plan things out ahead of time. This is why I said I would update the parts list as I get closer to where I want to be. If something doesnt work out, then I will change the list. Its that simple.
    That's why I'm suggesting to research! Modding a forced-induction car is nowhere close to modding a Honda. A header is not a cost effective modification until you take into account all other bolt ons. Remember, the turbo still sits between the header and the exhaust (that's your restriction).

Facebook me here

That's why I'm suggesting to research! Modding a forced-induction car is nowhere close to modding a Honda. A header is not a cost effective modification until you take into account all other bolt ons. Remember, the turbo still sits between the header and the exhaust (that's your restriction).
    Ok thank you for the suggestion. I have very little knowledge regarding turbo engine cars and their parts. I will keep researching till I have a good understanding of it. I know I want the exhaust first, then work on the exterior looks then dive into more performance parts mods. I guess the way I made the list is confusing you all. :P

My Si was tuned and dyno'ed at 223whp and 173 Tq but lacked the torque hence the switch to WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok thank you for the suggestion. I have very little knowledge regarding turbo engine cars and their parts. I will keep researching till I have a good understanding of it. I know I want the exhaust first, then work on the exterior looks then dive into more performance parts mods. I guess the way I made the list is confusing you all. :P
    I think you should also do some reading so that you do have a better understanding of how forced induction engines work. If you just want it to sound nice then all you need is a Cat Back Exhaust honestly. The nice thing about that is that the CBE will not require any sort of tune. It'll just bolt right on then BOOM your car sounds better. There is little to be known about what engine performance mods will do to the new generation WRX with the FA20's in them now. I would wait it out on any of the performance mods for now, because until some companies do some good R&D on them, there really will not be any selection or experience as to what they do to the car, positive or negative. Hence, you have run into the problem with buying the launch edition of a new generation of car. The inability to mod right away.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    I think you should also do some reading so that you do have a better understanding of how forced induction engines work. If you just want it to sound nice then all you need is a Cat Back Exhaust honestly. The nice thing about that is that the CBE will not require any sort of tune. It'll just bolt right on then BOOM your car sounds better. There is little to be known about what engine performance mods will do to the new generation WRX with the FA20's in them now. I would wait it out on any of the performance mods for now, because until some companies do some good R&D on them, there really will not be any selection or experience as to what they do to the car, positive or negative. Hence, you have run into the problem with buying the launch edition of a new generation of car. The inability to mod right away.
    Alright, thanks dude. I will wait out the performance parts for now. Q300 first then exterior mods. Projectors headlights/Fogs, Lower the car an inch, Spoilers.

Ah the non-retrofitted HIDs are starting strong with this generation!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.