Nepalese ' s 2015 WRX build log. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nepalese ' s 2015 WRX build log. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Nepalese Thanks guys. Just called invidia and they said that they are testing the Q300 on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nepalese View Post
    Thanks guys. Just called invidia and they said that they are testing the Q300 on a 2015 STI today and will have the results. I'll call them again tomorrow.
    I would believe some parts for the STi and the WRX will no longer be interchangeable as they have different Engines, and a different turbo location to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Interesting. I've already heard that Perrin and Q300 CBEs can actually mate up now to the new generation. Not sure how true that is or not but we'll see. I'm also wondering if the CBEs will differ between STI and WRX though considering turbo location and difference in engine placement within the front clip.
    I would be interested to see this as well. One would think the 14 STi would matte up with the 15 STi but this would be ASS-U-MING and I have come to find out people on here don't like that . The new turbo placement on the WRX and it's FA block though should constitute at least a different downpipe than other generations for obvious reasons. But the cat back system fitment is beyond me.

On a side note, Sub'd because I, like many others, want to see what people do with their 2015's!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi guys. My name is Utsab. This is my first build thread and I know it's too early but why wait. I am from Boston MA. This is my first WRX and I have always wanted one before. My last car was a 2008 Civic Si coupe in black with invidia header and Q300 combo with AEM SRI and Flashpro. It was a nice fun car but time to move on cause I wanted more power. So the story is, I went to get the Launch edition STI but was a bit over my budget. So I got the wrx base model.

My plans are to get the full invidia header exhaust combo and a CAI with Cobb but we'll have to wait till invidia releases it.(typed "2015 wrx on ebay and only 75 items.. haha).

Anyways, I am new to the world of turbo so I know very little about upgrading the entire exhaust system. Any input in to what I will need to change once I get ready for the header is greatly appreciated. But for now I wanted to see what I should get first- cat back exhaust or Cobb with CAI? I heard Cobb voids the warranty so I'm not sure if I want to get that. Maybe just the h/e/i combo?

Current Mods:
    Morimoto H11 HID kit with relay harness.
    White LED Park light.
    White LED Reverse light.
    White LED License Plate light.
    Red LED Welcome lights.
    STI 2015 Launch Edition Shift knob.
    STI Leather with Red stitching Arm Rest (Ordered).

Future Mods:
    Q300 Exhaust.
    Invidia header.
    CAI.
    Cobb.
    Retrofit Projectors.
    Fog Lights(Projectors).
    Trunk lip.

I will keep this thread updated as I order the parts. I guess it's too early but what the hell.
    I'll post pictures as soon as possible. Thanks guys.
    I like what I see! I am getting mine to within a year once I save enough for it 8). I can't wait to do my first Subaru build too with a new 2015! Subbed!

Thanks dude. I know it's too early for anyone to start a build log. When I had my Si, I didn't think of creating a log so I didn't want that to happen with my WRX. Might take me a year or two to get to where I want to be at but why wait right. Might as well start it so folks can get ideas with their new cars.

Great thread. I use the same exact Febreze air freshener, haha.

You might want to think about getting the bumper/hood clear bra'd if you're going to hold onto it for a while. Subaru is known for terrible paint.

Thanks dude. I know it's too early for anyone to start a build log. When I had my Si, I didn't think of creating a log so I didn't want that to happen with my WRX. Might take me a year or two to get to where I want to be at but why wait right. Might as well start it so folks can get ideas with their new cars.
    Might as well start it so folks can get ideas with their new cars THANK YOU FOR THIS! I never have a turbocharge car before so I was confuse on what to do with it and how to maintance so I search and I search and I got the general idea forfor previous build, but I still want to see what people do specifically for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankWRX View Post
    Great thread. I use the same exact Febreze air freshener, haha.

You might want to think about getting the bumper/hood clear bra'd if you're going to hold onto it for a while. Subaru is known for terrible paint.
    Haha. I'll probably trade her up before the warranty runs out. Don't want to pay out of pocked to fix the turbo problems. We'll see. hmmm. I think I should have leased her. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
    Might as well start it so folks can get ideas with their new cars THANK YOU FOR THIS! I never have a turbocharge car before so I was confuse on what to do with it and how to maintance so I search and I search and I got the general idea forfor previous build, but I still want to see what people do specifically for 2015.
    No problem. Let me know if you need pics of how I did the HID kit and where I mounted the ballast and grounds. I might just do a DIY soon to help out.

No problem. Let me know if you need pics of how I did the HID kit and where I mounted the ballast and grounds. I might just do a DIY soon to help out.
    I'm interested in seeing how you mounted everything. I found a good spot for the passenger side ballast but i don't like where i put the drivers side.

Thanks! post up those sexy pics!

I'll post some pics in a few days. I'm in Dallas and will be back tomorrow.

Sorry guys it took so long. Here are the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrice0309 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how you mounted everything. I found a good spot for the passenger side ballast but i don't like where i put the drivers side.
    I bought Morimoto Ballast and they have super strong 3M tape on the back. I stuck it on the back of the air box and its been on there without a problem. If that doesnt hold then I will find another spot. Thinking about using a long black zip tie or will do what I did on the driver's side and hide it under the black cover thingy.

Installed STI's leather arm rest. Here are the pics.

Remove this cover with a flat heat. It pops out but be careful not to break the tabs.

Use a flat head to pry out the cover. You don't have to remove it completely.

Remove this screw.

Remove these three screws.
    Then lift up the whole arm rest assembly. Follow reverse directions to install new arm rest.

Last edited by Nepalese; 04-24-2014 at 11:21 AM.

I bought Morimoto Ballast and they have super strong 3M tape on the back. I stuck it on the back of the air box and its been on there without a problem. If that doesnt hold then I will find another spot. Thinking about using a long black zip tie or will do what I did on the driver's side and hide it under the black cover thingy.
    I plan on putting HID in my WRX when I get it. It definitely looks easy judging from your pictures.

I Support ClubWRX
    The cut off for the HID dont look as shart but at the same time there doesnt seem to have much glare above the cut off so thats a plus
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast