RallySport Direct's 2015 WRX STI Build - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on RallySport Direct's 2015 WRX STI Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Spent some time with the STi today Put it up on the lift today to do some product test fitment ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor RallySportDirect's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Spent some time with the STi today

Put it up on the lift today to do some product test fitment

After that it was time for a wash. Its been raining the last few days and the car got quite dirty! We got our favorite SONAX cleaning products and went to town.

This is the effect of the SONAX wheel cleaner, it turns red after a few minutes as it begins working away at the brake dust. Quick scrub with a soft brush and the wheels are as good as new.

After that finished off by doing a quick wax on the car using the Sonax High Speed wax and the car is better then new

Kirill
    RallySportDirect.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looking good... I sat in one recently and I like it! I will wait for the update look in a few years though. I too sat in the drivers seat and felt that the seats were horrible and I didnt even drive it. I think the 3rd gen WRX seats are the best thus far. Honestly...it doesnt seem to hug your ribs and shoulders if you were planning on taking it for a good canyon run/drive etc

Subscribed!
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 04-08-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Yet again, count me in!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Subbed! I've always been a huge fan of all the builds you guys do!

Your wheels are bleeding!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

sub'd!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your wheels are bleeding!!!
    HAHA it looks like alien blood. That Sonax wheel cleaner is amazing stuff

Thanks guys!
    Rick

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry for lack of updates recently. The STi has 850miles on it, and I am trying to break it in ASAP! Its so close to being broken that its driving me crazy.
    However we have some testing lined up as soon as we can start driving the car hard.

Kirill
    RallySportDirect.com

850...1000...not that much difference. You're practically there anyway
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX

The Sti has just been itching to be broken in.. well okay that’s not true, but we have been itching to get the STi all broken in. We just want to be able to go have some real fun with it, so we are excited to say that it is 100% broken in, and the first order of business is an oil change, so let’s get started.

Tools needed:
    17mm wrench
    12mm socket
    Flat head screwdriver for plastic clips
    Oil Filter Wrench (why are these factory filters on so tight!?)
    Clean Funnel
    A few rags or paper towels

What we used:
    4.5 Quarts of Penrite Racing 5W30 oil
    Prova Oil Filter
    Dimple Magnetic Drain Plug M20X1.5X14
    Note* if re-using your factory drain plug, make sure to pick up a new crush gasket for it

First thing we like to do is remove the oil fill cap, it seems to make draining the oil quicker and also less messy. Once done, get under your car, as we will have to remove the factory under panel. There are 6 plastic push clips total (3 on each upper side of the panel), 2 large clips, and 3 x 12mm bolts holding on the under panel.

You can see the 3 side panel clips here. Remember there are 3 on each side.

And the large clips on the rear of the panel will pull out.

With the under panel off, we now have access to the oil filter, and this will also make draining the oil easier as well. Use your 17mm wrench to break the oil drain plug loose, and make sure to place your oil catch pan under the drain plug and let er’ loose.

Once the oil is drained, insert the drain plug back in and torque to spec, which should be 33 ft-Lb’s.

Now we can move onto the oil filter. The stock filter was on incredibly tight, so we had to use an oil filter wrench to remove it.

With the filter off, we like to clean up any residual oil left on the bottom of the oil cooler.

Fill the new filter with oil, and use the oil to lube up the O-ring before installation.

Install the new oil filter, Subaru lists the torque at 10.7 ft-lbs, but we usually just go hand tight plus about of a turn extra.

Reinstall the under panel in reverse order. It may be helpful to have a buddy to help you hold the panel up while you get the first few bolts or clips in.

Now use your funnel and put in the rest of the 4.5 Quarts. Double check the dipstick to make sure oil is showing, put on the oil cap, and start the car. Look for the oil light and make sure it turns off, let the car idle while you visibly check for any leaks. If no leaks present, shut off the car and let it sit for a minute, check the oil dip stick and add any oil if needed.

If everything looks good, give yourself a huge high five and make sure you do a victory dance as you just successfully did your own first oil change on your 2015 STi.

Last and most important step, go for a drive and enjoy your car!

Thanks,
    Rick
    Last edited by RallySportDirect; 05-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    TOMEI 2011-2014 STi Sedan Exhaust FITS!

I just confirmed fitment, and there are no clearance or fitment issues

Hope that helps everyone out. We should have some quality images up in the next few days.

Link to the exhaust on our site
    Tomei Expreme Ti Titanium Catback Exhaust Subaru Sedan WRX 2008-2014 / STI 2011-2014 440018 at RallySportDirect.com

Dimple Drain Plug also fit with no issues
    Kirill
    RallySportDirect.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out the new video we shot of the Perrin Catback exhaust on our 2015 STi.

Perrin Cat Back Exhaust on 2015 STI (Subaru WRX 2011-2015/ STI 2011-2015) - YouTube

Thanks,
    Rick

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out the new video we shot of the Perrin Catback exhaust on our 2015 STi.

Thanks,
    Rick

I Support ClubWRX
    Happy Friday!!! I will leave you with a picture of our STi from our 2014 Car Meet

Thanks,
    Rick

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Great exhaust video yet again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.