Subaru WRX Forum banner

COBB STAGE 2 KIT

5K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Pabb_Rexx 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Easy way to buy if you're not into shopping around for your parts. I personally wouldn't go this route because I like INVIDIA products I also don't care for the new v3. You can save a lot of money if you were to shop around on the forums and talk to vendors. Just my 2cents. Good luck!

#8 ·
I was thinking of doing Invidia catless DP, Perrin dual tip catback, Cobb SF intake, Perrin front mount intercooler, kart boy SS, coilovers, E85 tune and (idk if I should go AP or TRX) what do you think of this set up? Be brutally honest lol I'm a beginner so I appreciate any and all advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
It's your car and your $$$. Do what YOU want. With that obvious statement aside, I went V3 Stage 1.

I will go Stage 2 w/COBB in the future. After I purchase few more mods in the suspension area coilovers,end links,sways,strut,wheels, etc. I will also try an open source tune down in the future to witness differences and if I like it I will move on to it. If I dont. I'll stick w/COBB.

Good Luck and have fun. Any more pictures by chance to share? :)

#15 ·
I have cobb v3, catted dp, and intake. I'm lacking a cat back but I love knowing that I have good quality parts since I'm not planning on going too crazy with modding at least for a few years (not saying invidia is bad or anything). I got my dp for $300 though and am kinda waiting for an spt catback to pop up used.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited)
Its a good kit but a tad bit over price if you ask me. But it is a proven and quality upgrade that is easy to installed. If you don't want the hassle of looking around then go for it. I like the COBB performance package but there are many other avenues of approaching stage 2. I personally prefer to shop around and get to stage 2 with different brands to lower cost. My set up is basically what you are looking for so I will break the cost down for you.

Car 08 STi

Mustang Dyno
330whp/377tq/21psi/E85
295/310tq/19psi/92oct

Used COBB AP V2- $200
Turbo XS TBE- $990
FIC 1100cc Injectors- $450
Walbro 460lph Fuel Pump- $100
COBB EBC -$100
COBB Intake used $ 100
COBB Shifter w/ Bushings- $300
Pro Tune for pump/E85- $400
Total Cost - $2,640

I spent below COBB suggested retail of $2,750 and go a lot more for my money and went above a tradition stage 2. I performed the parts installation myself since they are mainly bolt on and simple upgrades with the exception of the pro tune. With this simple but effective build I was able to attain exceptional power gains, retain reliability at minimal cost. I will include a dyno graph so you can see how much more power you actually get from the set up you have in mind. Additionally a pro tune is hands down better then the COBB of the shelf stage 2 map since its not a universal tune and therefor is optimize for "your" Subaru and all its unique quirks. I hope this help and good luck:thumbup:

E85

[/URL][/IMG]

PUMP GAS 92 OCT

[/URL][/IMG]

Finalize E85

[/URL][/IMG]

Mustang Dyno
330whp/377tq/21psi/E85
295/310tq/19psi/92oct

#20 ·
Its a good kit but a tad bit over price if you ask me. But it is a proven and quality upgrade that is easy to installed. If you don't want the hassle of looking around then go for it. I like the COBB performance package but there are many other avenues of approaching stage 2. I personally prefer to shop around and get to stage 2 with different brands to lower cost. My set up is basically what you are looking for so I will break the cost down for you.

Car 08 STi

Used COBB AP V2- $200
Turbo XS TBE- $990
FIC 1100cc Injectors- $450
Walbro 460lph Fuel Pump- $100
COBB EBC -$100
COBB Intake used $ 100
COBB Shifter w/ Bushings- $300
Pro Tune for pump/E85- $400
Total Cost - $2,640

I spent below COBB suggested retail of $2,750 and go a lot more for my money and went above a tradition stage 2. I performed the parts installation myself since they are mainly bolt on and simple upgrades with the exception of the pro tune. With this simple but effective build I was able to attain exceptional power gains, retain reliability at minimal cost. I will include a dyno graph so you can see how much more power you actually get from the set up you have in mind. Additionally a pro tune is hands down better then the COBB of the shelf stage 2 map since its not a universal tune and therefor is optimize for "your" Subaru and all its unique quirks. I hope this help and good luck:thumbup:

E85

[/URL][/IMG]

PUMP GAS 92 OCT

[/URL][/IMG]

Finalize E85

[/URL][/IMG]

Mustang Dyno
330whp/377tq/21psi/E85
295/310tq/19pdi/92oct
This is the build I'm going for. Good looking I'm loving all the feed back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 · (Edited)
Its a catless Turbo XS so its noticeably louder then COBB or the q300 but not obnoxiously loud like the N1. If you plan on getting the Turbo XS get a High Flow cat so to pass emission laws and having a cat to provide resistance to the exhaust gas actually helps you from getting boost creeps. The power gains from a catless set up is small and its not worth the trouble in some states. To put it in perspective I cruise by police cars and they hardly give me a second glance. Its loud but only when you step on it. While on the other hand my buddies rolling around with the N1 have to squeeze their butt cheeks and up shift when a cop fly by :p

Here is a youtube video of a catted Turbo XS TBE

#25 · (Edited)
Then go for the N1 but beware if this is your DD you might get tire of the noise especially on the highway. The N1 drones like a mofo and I hated taking road trips. I had an N1 Race and that was ungodly loud but what get you is the cabin drone while on the highway.

#29 · (Edited)
You should be able to get the them in either single or dual. The race has no resonator whereas the standard N1 does. Additionally you should have no problem finding a single for your car. Try one of our vendors with your request via a PM and they should be able to hook you up. I personally use Jordan from Define Performance hes not on here but I dealt with him for years and he offers exceptional customer service and price match and beat everyone.

I verified they make it for your model year via invidia offical site.
Invidia USA.

http://www.invidia-usa.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=180

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.