The Road to 315WHP (or at least a good run at it)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Road to 315WHP (or at least a good run at it) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So after posting the other night looking for advice on getting my 2013 WRX wagon to 315WHP, I got a ...

The Road to 315WHP (or at least a good run at it)

So after posting the other night looking for advice on getting my 2013 WRX wagon to 315WHP, I got a lot of great advice and was told I should start a build thread so here we go. Please be patient as it will probably take me a bit to get where I want to go, but I will always be doing something between parts shipments. So lets start with the night I brought her home, I had always loved the look of the wagons, but had never driven one. Needless to say that once I did, it was all over for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131001_200840[1].jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	141713

I brought it home with 9200 miles equipped as follows

Exterior:
    Rally Armor Flaps

Interior:
    Red Footwell Illumination

Mods:
    Invidia Q300 Exhaust

The first thing to happen was getting the windows done, I had them tinted to 15% all the way around

Name:	20131109_092114[1].jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	141729

Then we had a little fun with Plasti Dip since I hate rock chips and spend a lot of time going over the mountain passes to Central Oregon in the winter

Name:	20131125_162757[1].jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	141737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131224_131115[1].jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	141745

So that's where it is so far, I just pulled the trigger on some new speakers and some LED lighting for a few exterior upgrades, so I will post pics as I go. Thanks for looking!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20131003_160832[1].jpg   20140208_103040[1].jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I see you took my advise on making a build thread. lol Looks like you are on the right road to your goal. Just remember to do alot of research before you start modding, or jump on here and ask a question, i know that myself and many others are here to help! And good choice on the Q300 catback, I have it as well. Since E-85 is available to you, a good protune with stage 2 upgrades and upgraded fuel components should def get you to your 315whp goal. Keep us posted!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I definitely will and thanks so much for all the helpful insight!!!

Beware of leaving the plasti-dip on the paint for long periods, users have reported it pealing their paint off when it comes off. And it will not provide you any protection against rock chips man, tried that on my jeep and the chips went right through into the paint. Invest in a quality clear bra

I have actually been back forth over the passes several times and its held up really well, I had a few pits in the dip, but nothing that went through to the paint. I'll have to do so research on the paint peeling issue as I have a few friends that have done their entire car for a year or more and haven't had any problems, but certainly something to look into.

Well, I decided that it was time to try and do a little up grade to the stereo, so in browsing around on the Crutchfield site I found some really nice Polk coaxial speakers for a steal and thought why not, so I ordered them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140403_154315[1].jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	143129

So I went ahead and installed them and low and behold they sounded TERRIBLE!!!!! So after a night of pondering, I decided to scrap everything and start from scratch. So insert a Kenwood DDX470, (2) sets of Polk audio 525Dxi Speakers and (1) Rockford Fosgate powered 10" Subwoofer and NOW it sounds like a stereo!!!

Name:	20140406_110828[1].jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	143137

Name:	20140406_101459[1].jpg 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	143145

So with this out of the way, there should be nothing be a distraction from my parts purchases

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.