2011 wrx build thread 324awhp 351 torque

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx build thread 324awhp 351 torque within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just wanted to share my build off of my 2011 wrx. All of the work concerning the actual build ...

11wrx 324awhp 351 torque STOCK turbo

I just wanted to share my build off of my 2011 wrx. All of the work concerning the actual build has been done by IAG and i am more than happy with the outcome. IAG will be doing much more work for me in the very near future with my wrx.

Build Reason:

The reason for my build was ultimately do to a negative result of low oil in my wrx that yielded very bad results to say the least .

Prior build history:

Prior to this build i was a simple stage 2 car running Cobb stage 2 (catted downpipe by perrin, AEM CAI and a nameless axle-back muffler delete set-up)

Quick recap of the "bad" moment:

Driving down I81 during the first snow and the car shuts off next to an 18 wheeler forcing me to pull off and wait for 2 1/2 hours for a tow back to my house.

The Build start history:

I was debating on what to do with the car and where to take it to. After calling multiple shops and much debate on the expenses that would soon take place i went with IAG. I went with IAG after talking with Drew and Rick over the course of a few days. I felt much more at ease after dealing with Drew and Rick from IAG and i was sold. I had the car towed to IAG after it sitting in my garage for over a week. Over the course of a few weeks/ a month i had gotten funds together to start the initial process of diagnosing and taking things apart. I knew that they were extremely busy at the shop. I basically had the car towed and let the guys have at it. I called very very few times as Drew and Rick were quick to call me with updates and new findings. As time went on, my parts list grew and grew as i kept adding on goodies to ensure a strong foundation for a proper build for future modifications. These decisions were based off of the excellent help and direction help of Rick.

Destruction findings:

The car ran low on oil with no real warning signs. I ended up spinning a rod bearing in cyl 2 and cyl 2 piston had a ringland that simply fell apart upon inspection, the rod was obviously bad as well.

The parts list for the build

Top end:

GSC Stage 1 cams
    Springs, retainers

No actual head work as of right now other than the cams, springs and retainers

Bottom End:

Manley H Beam rods
    Manley pistons 99.75mm

Cylinders obviously machined to fit the pistons

(Race bearings)

Heat treated crank

Fueling:

Walbo 255 pump
    ID 1000's

Exhaust:

Perrin Catted DP
    Nameless Axleback muff delete
    IAG Un-equal length headers
    IAG Up-pipe
    Perrin Turbo inlet

Intake:

AEM CAI

Intercooler:

Perrin TMIC

Turbo:

Stock turbo (for now)
    Tial 38mm EWG (external dump)

Oiling:

Killer B Pick-up system

Boost Control:

Grimmspeed EBCS

Odds and ends:

Crawford Air/Oil separator
    Air pump delete
    All race bearings

After having the car tuned at IAG the results were not what i had expected. I was expecting numbers from 280-MAYbe 300 being as i am on stock turbo.

The numbers are as follows:

324awhp at 351 torque (uncorrected) pump gas

The car is very fun to drive! AND i am glad i went with a set of cams as they REALLY helped out a lot in reaching those numbers.

My next mods are as follows:

Bigger turbo and STI tranny swap. My next goal is to hopefully be around mid to high 400's with a bigger turbo (i was thinking the 3-xtr? open to suggestions)

Last edited by Scooby_newbie; 03-25-2014 at 02:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Transmission:

ACT Heavy Duty Modified Street.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice power

Built motor
    Cams

Bigger than stock turbo? Just go rotated...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC