Rarrior's '07 WRX Limited Journal

This is a discussion on Rarrior's '07 WRX Limited Journal within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I first posted this thread when I joined this website and have since moved on. This past summer I ...

So I first posted this thread when I joined this website and have since moved on.

This past summer I traded in my 2.5i for an '07 WRX limited, kind of as a birthday present from me to me.

When I first got it:

Shortly after that I Seafoamed everything: gas tank, oil, and vacuum lines. Right around the same time as that I installed a Grimmspeed MBC and EBCS to keep the boost from creeping. Not long after that I got in touch with Steve at Pullz-On-Tuning to get an e-tune since the previous owner ran the downpipe and intake without a tune. Scary, I know, but I feel I've taken the necessary precautions to possibly remedy any wrongs that have been done.

Grimmspeed all the things!

I then attempted to put on my summer wheels, but with the H&R coilovers the rear tires were rubbing on the fenders. I am hoping to get those rolled flat and possibly pulled this summer.
    Driveway shot:

Rubbed.

That's basically it for now. Snow took off my front lip this winter so I will have to replace that sometime soon once the snow melts. Plans are a lot of bushings, maybe a little more power, replace the H&R coilovers with either Feal 441's or Tokico D-SPecs/RCE Blacks, various cosmetic additions, etc.

Mod List:
    Engine
    Rotella T6
    eBay cat-back exhaust
    Invidia V3 catless downpipe (DEI wrapped)
    GrimmSpeed MBC
    GrimmSpeed heat shield
    GrimmSpeed 3-port EBCS
    GrimmSpeed downpipe gasket
    GrimmSpeed cat-back gaskets
    Moroso Air/Oil separator
    PTP turbo blanket
    Kartboy exhaust hangers
    E-tuned by Steve at Pullz-On Tuning

Suspension
    H&R Coilovers
    SPT ladder brace
    TiC fender cowl braces
    eBay front/rear strut tower bar

Interior
    LED map and reading lights
    AEM Wideband
    Prosport mechanical boost gauge
    Dual A-pillar gauge pod
    Prosport dead pedal

Wheels
    17x7 OEM WRX wheels (Nexxen N5000 tires 215/45)
    17x8 2006 OEM STi BBS (Yokohama S Drive 235/40)
    5x100 to 5x114.3 25mm adapters

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
    Last edited by rarrior; 07-20-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Ryan

Some say he has never owned an Alfa Romeo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Car looks good, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by WTF Tuning View Post
    Car looks good, Ryan
    Thanks for the love man, I'm hoping to do quite a bit this summer, no big changes just small things to make it mine.
    Ryan

First thing I've installed since before winter. I've always loved a somewhat stock look, or at least a modified look retaining some of the stock features. That being said, I wanted to hunt down the black intake part that goes before the snorkus (not sure what it's called, I don't think anyone knows). Got one from a member on here and installed it today.

My plans eventually are to either change to a Cobb SF intake with their intake box or to build my own box around the SPT intake I already have. Not sure which way I'm leaning yet. I really just want to keep intake air temps down as much as possible and I've heard since the SPT intake is aluminum it does not dissipate heat very well.

Also, I got a new lip off of eBay since my old one got torn apart this winter. It seems pretty flexible and came with self-penetrating screws and some plastic pop-rivets. I'll use the plastic pop-rivets to replace some of the worn out ones but I am going to use a bunch of stainless hardware with locking nuts instead of the screws since that worked well on my 2.5i.

Another thing I ordered recently came in today: Prosport dead pedal. Saw it a while back and thought this really should have been in from the factory. It really gives a clean, uniform look to the pedals.

Came packaged well.

Clean, factory look.

Props to Import Image Racing for a quality product and good customer service.

A quick screenshot of the layout I use for the Torque app on my Galaxy Note 3. Not as fast as real gauges, there's a slight delay but nothing to complain too much about. It is nice to have at least some sort of idea of what my car is doing for less than $35.

Ryan

This is why you check your intercoolers. Saw this yesterday, sprayed some brake cleaner in there along with the rest of the intercooler, swished it all around a little then flushed it with some warm water. Let it air out then took the car for a spin and it definitely felt smoother.

Passenger's side.

Driver's side.

Moroso AOS installed. That was the longest, most annoying install I've had to do yet. Hopefully it'll all be worth it.

Mounting point. I had to flip how the harness was mounted to fit it, something they leave out of the included instructions. Thanks to MachV for the info on that one.

Looking pretty cluttered.

If anyone has any questions on the install feel free to ask.
    Ryan

New exhaust as well as some other parts went on. Updated mod list up top.

Invidia V3 catless

eBay cat-back
    Ryan

Repainted my bumper, got a few quotes that were way too much for just paint, got some color matched cans for $75, I figured I can't beat that.

Waiting:

Flakes:

GC8 JDM WRX badge, found it on eBay for $6. I thought about getting the bigger sticker to put in the middle of the trunk but didn't want to have to weld shut the holes from the 6-star badge.

White duracon STi knob, $8 eBay special. I'm trying to think of a way to fix the shift boot sag but no ideas yet. Any thoughts?

Ryan