06 STI 177,000 miles 0-60 3.6s Rebuild

This is a discussion on 06 STI 177,000 miles 0-60 3.6s Rebuild within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys just wanted to start a thread outlining my progress over the next year or so, car is an ...

06 STI 177,000 miles 0-60 3.6s Rebuild

Hey guys just wanted to start a thread outlining my progress over the next year or so, car is an 06 WRX STI and I have a few photos and videos I'll upload over my build this year! Currently I have stock bottom end with almost 200k miles!!

This video 0-60 with:
    Borla Exhaust
    Cobb Downpipe
    Grimmspeed uppipe

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--GsLCZnmAU

Next Video 0-60 with:
    Borla catback exhaust
    Cobb downpipe
    Grimmspeed Uppipe
    Hallmen Boost Controller
    ProTune

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEAeM7n_uo

Next on the list possibly later this month will be the AMS performance engine rebuild kit with replacement crank, as well as upgraded cams and higher rev limit and port and polished heads. I will also post some more in depth videos of the stock setup and the progress with each upgrade and the performance differences. So if you want feel free to subscribe to my YouTube videos, I'll try to post at least one every 2 week. Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    holy jeez you drive a lot! my 06 has 105k less than yours! lol

did you start a rebuild because you wanted to, or because things started to need replacing?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Well I started the rebuild because it has so many miles on it, everything on the car looks and runs great as you can see from the 1st video (completely stock just a tune to get the air/fuel right) and its blasts to 60 still in a blistering 3.4-3.5s when I start from 5500-6000rpm but I want to save my clutch for the time being. Lol
    I compression tested and all calendars are 130 +/- 5psi and I'm not sure what its supposed to be but I'm still super surprised given how many miles it does have. So I just wanted to start this thread and give some good reviews on upgrades and videos to show how much gains you'll see compared to stock.
    It's pretty amazing how long these motors will run if properly maintained and how much power you can pull out of the stock turbo, I'm presently surprised.

Next thing on the agenda will be the AMS performance engine rebuild kit, with a new OEM 08+ model crank and new cams, I'll post a video on the motor rebuild and how to do it, along with how to pull the motor, and replace the crank and clutch. (We're going to put an ACT single disk clutch in when we do the motor).
    In the meantime I'll try and find a better way to measure performance with the upgrades that are on the car now, because we can post 0-60 times all day long but these cars aren't neccisarely meant for drag racing. Lol