Rodney's 05 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rodney's 05 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've wanted to start a build thread from the day I bought my car. At first I was hesitant because ...

I Support ClubWRX

Rodney's 05 WRX

I've wanted to start a build thread from the day I bought my car. At first I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I was going to like the car as much as my previous one, 2007 GT Mustang, but I was wrong. Within a week of getting my WRX, IT SNOWED. I had a blast. It was a great winter AND summer vehicle. Long story short I wanted to start this so I can document everything. I'll start off by putting up pictures of when I went and test drove it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1177.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	136505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1178.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	136513

After having the car for about a month, I wanted to add that Subaru RUMBLE!! So I got an ebay cat-back exhaust, 0 fitment issues, and was pleased. I also got a non-catted down pipe. Here is a video of what it sounded like at that time.. Subaru WRX SR*S Catback Exhaust - YouTube

After that and some Rally Armor Mudflaps, nothing changed for awhile. I was happy with everything until the mod bug got me again. I wanted to car to sound louder/meaner and went ahead and ordered Agency Power Un-Equal Length Header/ Up-Pipe Combo. Install went smooth, took around 4-5 hours with a jack and jack stands.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Side by side pictures of the new and old exhaust.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APhead.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	136521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUP.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	136529

Unfortunately I don't have any sound clips of the new exhaust but it made a WORLD of a difference. I'm going to hopefully be getting it pro-tuned here soon. I also just added an Agency Power Short Ram Intake along with a Strut Tower Bar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strut bar.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	136537

Some other small goodies I just got for my b-day were the STi hazard button, and a BLOX weighted shift knob.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hazard.jpg 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	136545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLOX.jpg 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	136553

As of today 2/20/14 nothing else is done to the car. But on Friday 2/21/14, I'll be putting on BC Coilovers. I know this isn't a BUILT car, but I just wanted to start the thread so one day I can go back and take a look at what I've done. Will be posting pictures of before and after coilovers on Friday.

looks good, i also spy an aftermarket diverter valve.

what type of engine management are you using to support those exhaust/intake mods?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah it's a Greddy BoV. Was on the car when I bought it

I Support ClubWRX
    I was also borrowing my buddies AP but just recently gave it back to him. So unfortunately currently nothing tuning wise.

Quote Originally Posted by lalcaps824 View Post
    I was also borrowing my buddies AP but just recently gave it back to him. So unfortunately currently nothing tuning wise.
    Yeah that's not a good thing...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I know. I've driving it like my grandma would currently.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just ordered a V3 Accessport for the car. Will be here and installed tomorrow afternoon

Looking good man. I am way behind getting mods done on mine. Need to get a few more potential issues fixed before any power mods. Would like to meet up sometime and meet and see mods in person.
    '02 Midnight Black Pearl WRX wagon, 5-speed 216k miles
    factory short throw, triple gauge pod, premium sound
    Mishimoto radiator, Perrin inlet, H6 rear

I Support ClubWRX
    Got BC Coilovers installed about a week ago..

I Support ClubWRX
    Will be putting more pictures up soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.