Trancehead's build/mod thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Trancehead's build/mod thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2/19/2014 Installed a vent pod and Prosport Mechanical Boost Gauge that was left over from my MS3. I highly recomend ...

2/19/2014 Installed a vent pod and Prosport Mechanical Boost Gauge that was left over from my MS3.

I highly recomend these vent pods, theyre of great quality and are made by a buddy of mine who goes by the name of Block8head. He makes single, dual, and triple pods.

Check out his page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bl...86061001612122

Attachment 136377

Attachment 136385

Attachment 136393
    Last edited by trancehead; 02-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Definitely interested in seeing the pod install... attachments are saying they're invalid...

I Support ClubWRX
    Sub'd, Love the way and speed your build is coming together. I look forward to following along.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by mv577 View Post
    Definitely interested in seeing the pod install... attachments are saying they're invalid...
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Sub'd, Love the way and speed your build is coming together. I look forward to following along.
    Pics available now guys?
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

Nice build!

How much was the Perrin tranny mount? I picked up a Group-N really cheap that was only used for 4k miles. Had a Group-N on my 05 STI and it certainly made a huge difference believe it or not.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
    Pics available now guys?
    Yup! Pod looks awesome! I just want to add a boost gauge and have been struggling with what pod to go with... I was going to do the SolidMOD vent pod but I think I like this one better... looks great!

where did you run the wires?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nice build!

How much was the Perrin tranny mount? I picked up a Group-N really cheap that was only used for 4k miles. Had a Group-N on my 05 STI and it certainly made a huge difference believe it or not.
    I got the Perrin brand new from EdgeAutosport.com (these guys are really awesome and if they don't have something on their website just give them a call and they can get it, discounted too) for $229.50. I know it's a bit expensive but it's so solid. I would rate it at between a solid mount and any kind of rubber mount. I believe the bushings are 70a polyurethane. I, am not bothered by NVH (my MS3 shook so much that I couldn't tell roof racks apart from cops) but this really didnt add much if anything. Solid purchase IMO
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mv577 View Post
    Yup! Pod looks awesome! I just want to add a boost gauge and have been struggling with what pod to go with... I was going to do the SolidMOD vent pod but I think I like this one better... looks great!

where did you run the wires?
    This was actually super easy to install compared to my MS3; in that I had to actually cut into the vent, but in the WRX theres a nice hole that goes right up there. There are tons of good install videos on youtube and NASIOC to show where to route the vacuum hose. FOr the power and ground wires I simply tapped into my Power-Accessory wire and ground wire from my head unit. However, the cigarette lighter wires could have been tapped or an add a fuse could have been used as long it was to a fuse that is not "always on". Let me know if you want any more info! This guy has great service and makes these by hand.
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

You guys done engine mounts? I've looked at a few how-to's and it seems fairly straightforward, just wondering about any tips or pointers.
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

Nah haven't done engine mounts. Straight forward I've heard, but a PITA. Have to jack up the engine and such, and small spaces to work with.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Yeah, I've pretty much got the basic idea down. Excited to have almost 0 movement in that bay haha.

Good thing I have these BK hands :P lol

2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

One thing that bothers me more than anything else is not being able to see my BAT's. Ugh it's driving me crazy. I just started searching, but I'm looking for a solution for this sooner rather than later...
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

That emoticon looks like a BAT? lol
    2014 SWP WRX Hatch

Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.