Zack's 2012 OBP Sti Hatch Build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Zack's 2012 OBP Sti Hatch Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well now that I'm finally doing more than just an intake and AP I've decided to start a build thread. ...

I Support ClubWRX

Zack's 2012 OBP Sti Hatch Build

Well now that I'm finally doing more than just an intake and AP I've decided to start a build thread. It's going to be slow going but at least this way I can keep track of what I'm doing. Here's one pic, I'll add more later:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STi.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	132690

Engine:
    Killer B Motorsport Radiator Shroud
    Killer B Motorsport Alternator Cover
    Cobb SF Intake and Airbox
    Magnaflow 3" exhaust
    IAG EL Header
    IAG Uppipe (EWG)
    Invidia Catless Downpipe
    Tial 38mm Wastegate with dump tube
    GrimmSpeed EBCS
    Walbro 255 LPH FP
    ID 1000cc Injectors
    05 STI FPR
    GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat Shield
    GrimmSpeed TMIC
    Torque Solutions Pitch Stop
    Crawford AOS
    Killer B Oil pickup and baffle
    Omni 4-bar Map Sensor
    E-85/93 Pro-tune by Cleo at IAG

Interior:
    Cobb AP V3
    Kartboy SS
    Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings
    AEM Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge
    AEM Digital Boost Gauge
    Autometer 2 1/2" Single Gauge Pod (2)
    Zeitronix ECA

Suspension:
    RCE Yellow Springs

Next Year Plans:
    New wheels and summer tires
    Braided steel brake lines
    New brake pads

That's the plan right now, we'll see how it goes and I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by ZackUSAF82; 06-11-2014 at 06:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Installed the Killer B radiator shroud and alternator cover today...found a place that had them for 99 bucks with free shipping. Couldn't pass that up. Man, I really wanted to install them because it's around 18 degrees out and my fingers are still numb typing this...lol. Oh well, that's the way I'm wired, when I get something I HAVE to put it on. When I installed my Cobb intake and airbox it was over 105 degrees in the shade....

Here's a pic of them installed (I apologize, it was too cold to clean the engine bay the way I wanted to...):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0057.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	133322

Really easy install, took about 15 minutes or so and that's only because I had to keep warming my hands.
    Last edited by ZackUSAF82; 01-29-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Yo Zack! Nice plans! I'd suggest trying to fit that TMIC in there with the first tune...it will really help you out with those other mods.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd love to do the TMIC but what I have listed has me pretty much strapped. Not to mention that IAG and the other shops I've talked with have stated that it's not really worth it with a maxed out stock turbo route. Now if I ever upgrade the turbo, then yes...but right now everything I've researched and been told it's just not worth dropping a grand on a better TMIC...not for another 10-20 WHP anyways.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got done haggling with IAG and we reached a mutually agreeable price so I'm good to go with the mods listed up top. To say I'm excited is a major understatement, but I'm not getting this done until 20-22 Feb...that's going to feel like forever! Lol. But in all seriousness, I can't wait. I'll be sure to post dyno numbers, I'm hoping for 300WHP but I'm not going to hold my breath...their dyno has stock GR's around 215 WHP which seems really low to me. We'll see what happens, either way the car is going to be a beast and the torque is going to be awesome!

Dude...you should be able to hit well above 300whp (I'm calling 330) and probably around 340wtq...

But you are right...the driveability is what's going to be awesome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    300whp shouldn't be out of the question
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Well this time tomorrow my car will be getting all the goodies installed, this will go into Friday as well..then the pro-tune on Saturday morning. Can't wait! I'll post up the dyno slip when I get home on Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping everything goes smooth and all goes well on the dyno!

Nice! I expect moar pics!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackUSAF82
    Well this time tomorrow my car will be getting all the goodies installed, this will go into Friday as well..then the pro-tune on Saturday morning. Can't wait! I'll post up the dyno slip when I get home on Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping everything goes smooth and all goes well on the dyno!
    I want a text with the dyno sheet when it's complete...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I want a text with the dyno sheet when it's complete...
    Lol, will do buddy!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got home...and won't be home for long because I want to go driving again... Absolutely love it, Jorge did a great job of giving me awesome power and a safe tune all at once. I made 309 WHP and 342 wtq, attached is the the dyno slip. I will say the EWG is loud as hell so I'll be picking and choosing when to have fun now but man'o'man what a totally different car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's some more pics for you guys and gals:

great numbers dude! Looks like a solid install and a good graph...little bit of a dip before 4k rpms. Do you notice that at all?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    great numbers dude! Looks like a solid install and a good graph...little bit of a dip before 4k rpms. Do you notice that at all?
    No, you really can't tell at all. It would be a lot worse but the 05 STi FPR and fuel line trick helped a lot with it. The power delivery is really smooth according to the butt dyno so I definitely don't notice any of the small fall offs on the graphs. But then again, I really don't beat on my car much, I just like knowing that power is there if I need it to avoid some idiot on the road or if I want to go to the track for a day. Here's a shot of the dyno screen after my tune for comparison:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.