Zack's 2012 OBP Sti Hatch Build - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Zack's 2012 OBP Sti Hatch Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On screen actually looks a lot smoother than the print out. That's cool. Enjoy!...

On screen actually looks a lot smoother than the print out. That's cool.

Enjoy!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So I'm in need of some help...I'm going E-85 soon and I'm going to be installing a Zeitronix ECA in a couple weeks. Trying to figure out where to put my flex fuel sensor in the return fuel line, I'm working with John Visconti to try and get a plug and play fuel line kit but it may not happen and I'm not sure I want to dump more money on the lines right now either. Here are a couple pics of the lines, feel free to pull them down and photshop 'em and show me where you'd put the sensor on the return line. The sensor that comes with the kit is huge so I may end up getting a smaller Continental one but I'd like to try and make the one that comes with the kit work if I can. Here's the sensor:

Here's the pics you can photoshop of my fuel lines:

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

Edit: The kit will be here tomorrow so I'll put up a picture of the actual sensor so you can get a better size comparison...
    Last edited by ZackUSAF82; 04-17-2014 at 06:18 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Found some E85 today to test, this station always has it and always has the same blend. Pretty happy with the results as it's right on E85. Here's a pic of my test:

I Support ClubWRX
    So the Zeitronix sensor is HUGE...no way in hell I can use it without being ghetto. Gonna try and sell it and then get one of really small Continental ones that I can just put in-line. Good times, this damn ECA thing is way more trouble than it's worth...that's for sure.

I Support ClubWRX
    New flex fuel sensor came in the mail today and it has the same plug/pin wiring as the huge one I have so I'm stoked. This should make the install Zax and I are doing on 10 May a 1000 times easier since we won't have to find somewhere big to mount this little dude. Here's a pic of the old and new sensor so you can see the size difference:

Can't wait to get the stuff installed so I can get tuned and see what my car does on E85!

I Support ClubWRX
    RCE Yellows going on today, I'll be sure to post some pics this evening when it's all done and follow up in a couple weeks once they settle. Next on the list is to find somewhere reliable/affordable to get aligned in a couple weeks...

Car looks great. Good mods and power. I also go to IAG. Jorge does an awesome job. I cant wait until my next line of mods so i can go get tuned by him. Looking foward to more pics.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, got a lot of stuff done today, 99% of it thanks to zax for coming over and helping me. Can't thank him enough for all the stuff he helped with today, no way I would have been able to do it by myself.

We installed a Killer B oil pickup and baffle...getting those rear bolts out/back in was all zax and his finesse skillz...something I don't have. I do feel accomplished since I was the one that was able to finally chisel the pan off, that was a pain in the rear as well. Other than that it's a pretty straight forward install but make sure you have at least 4 hours (or more) to do it and make sure you have flex extensions, another thing zax was nice enough to bring that I didn't have or we would have never got'r'dun.

We also put in the flex fuel sensor which judging from all the cussing (I was working on the oil pan) wasn't fun...he even asked me to get some Vaseline which made me slightly uncomfortable but I eventually gave in and got it for him... We didn't get to wiring it, nor did I have time to do it so I have no idea if it works with yet or not. Probably won't have time to wire it in until next weekend unfortunately.

Sadly, after that zax had to leave and that's when it all went downhill. Between my exhaustion and everything else it took me many hours to install a Crawford AOS (mainly due to poor directions but I figured it out...I think anyways) and a GS TMIC. TMIC was a pita by myself since it's so much wider than stock but after an hour or so of wrestling it I finally got it, did a victory dance and then tightened everything up. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

So all that's left to do is fill it up with oil in the morning and crank it up...hoping that I put enough gasket on the pan and it doesn't leak and hoping that I got all the hoses on tight enough on the AOS. Pretty sure I did and I'm going to double check all of them I can reach tomorrow before I crank her up. Wish me luck and send good car god vibes/thoughts my way for the test spin tomorrow!

I Support ClubWRX
    Here are a couple pics of the engine bay after the installs on Saturday:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackUSAF82 View Post
    We installed a Killer B oil pickup and baffle...getting those rear bolts out/back in was all zax and his finesse skillz...something I don't have. I do feel accomplished since I was the one that was able to finally chisel the pan off, that was a pain in the rear as well. Other than that it's a pretty straight forward install but make sure you have at least 4 hours (or more) to do it and make sure you have flex extensions, another thing zax was nice enough to bring that I didn't have or we would have never got'r'dun.
    !
    Love your build big time! My first engine mod will be the oil pan. On the oil pan capacity - how many quarts of oil now to the FULL line? THANKS!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't get their pan, my car is strictly a DD and I never track it so I couldn't justify the cost. I just did the pickup/baffle as a preventive measure since it wasn't super expensive. If you do drive your car hard a lot and plan on tracking the car a lot I would recommend getting the larger pan...if not then I'd use that money elsewhere. Just my .02. Sorry, can't help you on the capacity but it should be around an extra quart and a half, probably a little less than half of the second quart would be my guess.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice..looking good man! I was also thinking about doing the killer b pick up at some point. How difficult of an install was that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackUSAF82 View Post
    I didn't get their pan, my car is strictly a DD and I never track it so I couldn't justify the cost. I just did the pickup/baffle as a preventive measure since it wasn't super expensive. If you do drive your car hard a lot and plan on tracking the car a lot I would recommend getting the larger pan...if not then I'd use that money elsewhere. Just my .02. Sorry, can't help you on the capacity but it should be around an extra quart and a half, probably a little less than half of the second quart would be my guess.
    Sorry on my misread, I somehow assumed you got the pan as well. I am a HUGE believer in added oil capacity (and better pick up). Thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Nice..looking good man! I was also thinking about doing the killer b pick up at some point. How difficult of an install was that?
    If I had to rate it I'd say it was mid-level difficulty. It's time consuming and requires a lot of finesse to get the back bolts in the oil pan out and back in. You definitely need 1/4" or 3/8" extensions (6-10") and good swivel adapters (or a long flex extension would probably work as well). I would have never got it by myself, zax has serious finesse skills/patience and that was the difference maker (along with jacking up the engine, that helped a lot as well). The oil pan is also a pain in the rear to get off, I ended up going out and getting the stiffest yet thinest chisel type putty knife I could find and that made it much easier...just get it started then peck on it with a rubber mallet or a small hammer and loosen it as much as you can. Once you get it started it comes off pretty easy. After that it's pretty easy, scrape off the left over gasket, install the baffle and pickup, put on new liquid gasket and bolt it back on. Bolting it back on isn't fun because of the back bolts but again, it just takes patience and finesse. Just make sure you set aside 3-4 hours to do the project and try to get someone to help you...good luck and let me know if you have any questions if you decide to do it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Finally got the ECA wired in today, wasn't bad at all but the sensor gave me issues at first...as it turns out, the plug wasn't on the sensor all the way and once I snugged it up all is well. Here's a pic of the gauge:

They also make a standard 52mm round gauge as well, I just went with this one because it's not something I'm going to be looking at all the time and this is what gave me the best deal. It also comes in red LED as well but getting blue was cheaper as well since everyone wants red. Again, doesn't matter to me what color it is so long as it works! Now everything is set for my E85 tune on June 11th, can't wait to see what kind of numbers I put down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.