Lavid2002's 04 WRX Build Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Lavid2002's 04 WRX Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is a great thread. I don't work on cars or anything, but I really enjoy learning about them and ...

This is a great thread. I don't work on cars or anything, but I really enjoy learning about them and how they work. Subscribed.
    '13 WRX WRB Sedan
    Rain, sleet, snow... drive it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm glad you dig it, that's what it's here for. If you have any questions just ask!
    I finished up the paint stripping for the wheels last night. One tire had a leaky bead so I used the press to break the bead and clean the wheel. After I was finished cleaning you have to "seat" the bead, and you get to use fire.
    VOLUME WARNING. Compressor is running at the start.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UX...m-upload_owner
    D-$

Blobeye '05

First step was to strip all the old paint off. I started out with the cans of paint stripper. These are very expensive at $7 a can. I used about 2 cans per wheel. When I went to pick up more I noticed they had it in a small steel jug also. I used about 1/4 of a jug of this for 2 wheels, and it was only $15 for the entire jug. You just apply it with a paint brush. Stripping these was a PITA and I don't have any pictures because it's a glove-up type job. But here are the wheels all stripped.

Then I power washed them to get all the residue off. I also used some degreaser here. No point in painting wheels only to have a residue of paint remover ruin them.

Then I masked them off and primed them with 3 coats.

Here's the first light coat of the paint.

Finished wheels, very happy I did this. The car looked cheaply done and trashy with all that chipped thick paint on it like it had.

It's a gunmetally metallicy awesome color. I think it will look slammin' with the white car and the red calipers
    Last edited by Lavid2002; 04-25-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12