Twiget Tweaks

This is a discussion on Twiget Tweaks within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It's only been 2 weeks since I brought my new '14 hatch home, but already I've spent way too much ...

Twiget Tweaks

It's only been 2 weeks since I brought my new '14 hatch home, but already I've spent way too much money on mods. Unlike some, I'm currently happy with the power and handling of my little WRX so this build will probably be mostly cosmetic tweaks and interior mods. We'll see.

Here is what I've done so far:
    Interior Mods:
    GTSpec D-Shaped Steering Wheel
    35% Window Tint

Exterior Mods:
    Rally Armor Mud Flaps
    Black Special Edition WRX Side Ornaments
    Black Lug Nuts
    Perelli P7's on all 4 corners

Without further ado, let me introduce Brightwork. 1/1/14, the day after I bought her.

And with my other two rides, a '12 DRZ-400 & a '11 V-Strom 650

I'm 6'6" tall, so getting into and out of my WRX can be a challenge. After the first time I climbed out of my WRX, I knew a D-shaped steering wheel was going to be at the top of the mod's list. I went ahead and ordered a GTSpec Steering Wheel from K-Spec Racing. The website claims it wont fit a '14, but it was pretty much plug and play. Took about 30 - 40 minutes from start to finish.

The box:

The wheel:

And installed:

I'm about 5% wishing I got the red stitching to match the stitching on the seats, but 95% happy with the black. I really like the feel of the wheel when I'm driving and getting out is much easier now that I've got an extra inch or so of clearance on the bottom.

I've also got some Rally Armor mud flaps that are going to go on this weekend. Tinted windows will probably wait until spring, when the sun says up long enough that it is not so gloomy around here.
    Last edited by twiget; 02-20-2014 at 07:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I like it...Very nice!

oh MAN i love that wheel!!!

the kspec site keeps crashing on me... gonna ask uncle google about that wheel.

edit: well, hells bells... looks like it starts at 08 and goes up... no bugeye love from gtspec.

I'm really liking this wheel. It looks a lot more sporty, the leather they used on it is grippier than the stock one, which I like, and it also has several great hand holds. Most importantly, getting out is much easier with the flat bottom.

Yeah that wheel is a hot item. I'm only 6ft tall, but I like the wheel positioned lower, and I have some pretty big legs from a life of playing soccer...I'd love to have one. I just can't justify the price over all the other things I want for my car though
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Wow that is one nice looking wheel! If I didn't know better, I'd think it came from the factory like that. Red stitching would look real sexy on that wheel!

The weather this weekend was beautiful, especially for the middle of January, so I decided to take advantage of it. Got Brightwork washed and went about installing my Rally Armor mud flaps. And since taking the wheel's off makes the installation much easier, I decided to swap the sliver lug nuts out with black ones. And to top things off, I took the grey WRX side ornaments off and put on some black ones.

Not huge changes, but she's starting to come together.

Its been cold and crappy the last few weeks, so no glamour shots, but I did get her window's tinted 2 weeks ago. Here's a pic with some snow:

I landed a new job and I'm going to be driving to New York in a couple weeks. In preparation for the cross country trip, I've got a set of Perelli P7's on order. Should have them installed by the end of the week. They should handle the weather between me an New York better than the stock Dunlop's and still be a lot of fun when summer rolls around. I also got my Subaru medallions in the mail. I'll be putting those on once things warm up a little.

I love that D shaped steering wheel
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I had the Perelli P7's installed today. I'm sure the stock Dunlops are good during the summer, but in the cold and wet, the Perelli's are so much better. I could feel a difference in the grip & steering response immediately. Looking forward to tomorrow after work, when I'll have a chance to put these new tires to the test.

Haven't had much to update, until now. I ordered a Bluetooth OBDII reader from Amazon. Installation was a piece of cake, just plug the reader into the OBDII port under the steering column. The reader protrudes below the bottom shroud, and with my size 13's, I'll probably kick it and break something. I just ordered an extension cable so I can zip-tie it out of the way.

Coupled with Torque Pro from the Google Play store, I can use my phone as an aux display. I just installed the OBDII reader this morning so I haven't had much time to play with it, but based on my quick test drive around the block, I am going to have way to much fun with this thing.

Once I get my gauge's set up on my phone I'll post a few screen caps.

As promised, here's the gauge cluster I've come up with so far using the OBD II reader and my phone:

And a few pics, because I can.

This is what Brightwork looked like after driving from Washington to New York a couple months ago.

And we finally got a nice day so I could do a quick wash and detail.