2002 WRX Wagon - The Full Restoration Documentary. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Wagon - The Full Restoration Documentary. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by schufflerbot next up to spend money on is the suspension. gonna go with the KYBs mentioned earlier ...

Quote Originally Posted by schufflerbot View Post
    next up to spend money on is the suspension. gonna go with the KYBs mentioned earlier in the thread and, while i'd really like to drop it, i don't want to do a 1.5" and 1" drop. anyone know of any spring sets that will only drop her .5" or so?

i know it sounds silly but i'm picky.
    Swifts would be your best bet, I can think of off the top of my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

got the call earlier today from the dealership that the repairs were complete. the tech advised that there was still oil caked onto some areas and the smell and smoke were still present from the head gasket and oil cooler gasket leaks. as it's in for an inspection as well, he asked if i'd rather the techs put the required miles on the PCM (battery was removed for repairs) and to insure that the leaks were 100% resolved. so, i went up there and took the car to add some gas so they can drive it around tomorrow and go ahead with the state inspection. while i was there i took a moment to replace my shift knob... woohoo!

car has a slight shimmy while idling now, wasn't there before but it seemed to calm down once the engine warmed up. she drives like a dream, other than the suspension issues, and really pulled when the boost gauge headed north!

SO FREAKING EXCITED to have this thing back tomorrow round noon!!

update:

car is running like a top... she seems to have developed a little 'ticking' noise when she warms up, not sure what that's about but, i digress for now.

started on the paint restoration yesterday, got half the car done before i had to get back to daddy duties.

this is a shot of the paint AFTER i washed and dried it and before i started on the therapy session:

and here's a shot of the same section after the first round of heavy cut 105:

night and day!!

still working under the hood, will post up some pics when there's more progress to look at.

Wow nice job on the paint restoration!

Sent from HTC One via Tapatalk

stupid winter storms have really impeded progress on the wagon. bought some formula 88 this morning so i can give the engine bay a really good cleaning... planning on doing that this Thursday, after the storms have passed through AGAIN. paint restoration has seen a little progress but not much - along with this stupid weather (28* one day, 68* the next) my allergies are killing me and i haven't felt like doing anything at all.

i did go to the property and put 100 rounds through the XDs yesterday, that felt good

did some more work on the engine bay cleanup...

before:

here's how it sits right now, still need to do another deep clean on the whole thing, then individual parts will be polished, painted or replaced to get it back to lookin new:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12