should i buy another wrx or rebuild

This is a discussion on should i buy another wrx or rebuild within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; link to my question Should I Buy Another Subaru Wrx or Rebuild mine? - Yahoo Answers...

should i buy another wrx or rebuild

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would think this depends on what your goal is. If you want a built engine anyway, this would be a good time to go that route. If you just want a stock level engine with reliability, that is cheaper, then you might want to look into getting a different car. Also depends on how much work you would be doing yourself vs. how much you would be using a shop. Building your motor won't be incredibly cheap. Also, resale value (not sure you care about that) would be much better on a stock vs. built WRX.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you care about money/value, what's smart financially, and assuming a car is an appliance and you depend on this for daily transportation. Sell it, buy another car, or rebuild it to factory specs with OEM equipment. Keep in mind the actual value of the car and determine what would be a better decision financially.

If this car is your hobby and you love working on cars, can do most of the work yourself, and don't care if you spend what it's worth for a new engine, mods, a tune, etc., and don't depend on it for daily transportation...build the engine like ^blackSTi says.

Think about your Objectives, your budget, and you priorities.