S20002STI's build thread/journal - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on S20002STI's build thread/journal within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That's good to hear. This is something I want to do down the line too. Let me know what you ...

That's good to hear. This is something I want to do down the line too. Let me know what you think. Hope you notice a difference. That is a great price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

03/04/2014 I installed my new stereo equipment. I got a Subthump stealth enclosure, JL Audio 10W3V3 Subwoofer, and an Alpine MRV-M500 Class D Monoblock amp with external boost control knob. The wiring kit is a Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge Power and Ground.

I wired the boost control knob to a less visible location as you can see in the pics. If your sitting in the passenger seat you can't see it as it sits a little lower. I used 3M double sided padded type tape so it can be easily removed without any issues. Don't mind the wires in the little cubby all the wiring is hidden. That is actually the mic for the stereo that i haven't ran anywhere yet. I plan on going with a NAV double din in the future so I haven't decided if I should run that somewhere yet.

The sub is 2ohm at 500 Watt RMS. The amp is 500 watts at 2ohm. The birth sheet was actually 567 watt RMS! The subthump box fit near perfect. There is a tiny gap toward the hatch area but it is perfect everywhere else. I couldn't be happier with the build quality of it. For the price you can't beat it being more than half the cost of the other competition out there. Having JL subs before I know how clean they sound while packing a punch. This one was no different. It pounds and is super clean. The amp is a great match and gives the sub plenty of clean power while staying cool. It is super tiny so it helps it stay nice and cool under the passenger seat.

Here are some pics!

Last edited by S20002STI; 03-05-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Nice, I had my stereo set up installed last night! I could stand the stock radio anymore.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    Nice, I had my stereo set up installed last night! I could stand the stock radio anymore.
    Thanks! I need to check out your build to see what you have done lately. What did you end up going with?

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS
    Focal ISC 165 (Front)
    Focal ISC 130 (Rear)
    JL Audio XD700/5 Five-Channel Class D System Amplifier
    JL Audio CS112LG-TW3 Subwoofer

Dynomatted front and rear doors, tucked wires and all the good stuff. I have the bass adjusted to not be ridiculously loud. I went with quality and for a clear good sound.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Great quality parts! You can't go wrong with JL and pioneer. I bet that thing can thump when you want it too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.