Billy's 2011 WRX Build Thread (Optimus) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Billy's 2011 WRX Build Thread (Optimus) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sweet build man love the snow vid I'm sure you had fun Optimus is very suiting if you have ever ...

Sweet build man love the snow vid I'm sure you had fun Optimus is very suiting if you have ever seen smurfinwrx's videos or build thread here he has red rims if you ever wondered what that would look like on your car!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your car is slow...you need to add some power mods.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    best sales pitch i have ever heard

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Sweet build man love the snow vid I'm sure you had fun Optimus is very suiting if you have ever seen smurfinwrx's videos or build thread here he has red rims if you ever wondered what that would look like on your car!
    Thanks man! Next time I make a video there will not be any music in it. Just the unholy purr of that 2.5L flat 4 boxer engine .

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    best sales pitch i have ever heard
    lmao, see below gif.

Last edited by McBill; 04-25-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    So a little present came in the mail for me today A big thank you to Matty over at WTF Tuning for hooking me up with some awesome parts. Now I just wait to get the money over a couple more paychecks and schedule for a dyno protune over at IPS Motorsports.

2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    ..... and just like that, with all good comes bad apparently. So I took my wheels to get rebalanced today after this harsh winter. Well they came in and told me there was something I need to see. Come to find out there was a HUGE deep chunk taken out of the inside sidewall of one of my tires. F*** me right? This thing was deep. Deep as in you could see the inside lining of the tire deep. Although this is bad, and I'm certainly far from happy about this all as not only did I had to get a new tire today but I just bought these tires in December, I'm still extremely lucky because they are only a quarter of a year old and there was hardly any tread ware. So, instead of getting a whole new set of tires, I only needed to get one new tire. Also, God only knows how long my tire has been like that and I'm extremely lucky the tire didn't blow out then forcing me to not only get a new tire, but a new wheel as well.

All in all, F*** Ohio pot holes and their lack of ability to keep their roads safe for cars. Needless to say, this is going to put a decent damper on my plans to tune.

Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill
    So a little present came in the mail for me today
    I tell you your car is slow and all of a sudden power parts arrive...I must have mind-control or something.

..... and just like that, with all good comes bad apparently. So I took my wheels to get rebalanced today after this harsh winter. Well they came in and told me there was something I need to see. Come to find out there was a HUGE deep chunk taken out of the inside sidewall of one of my tires. F*** me right? This thing was deep. Deep as in you could see the inside lining of the tire deep. Although this is bad, and I'm certainly far from happy about this all as not only did I had to get a new tire today but I just bought these tires in December, I'm still extremely lucky because they are only a quarter of a year old and there was hardly any tread ware. So, instead of getting a whole new set of tires, I only needed to get one new tire. Also, God only knows how long my tire has been like that and I'm extremely lucky the tire didn't blow out then forcing me to not only get a new tire, but a new wheel as well.

All in all, F*** Ohio pot holes and their lack of ability to keep their roads safe for cars. Needless to say, this is going to put a decent damper on my plans to tune.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Well as a result of my having to buy a new tire and not being able to tune for a bit longer, I decided to go ahead and just put the Q300 on this weekend. Installation was pretty straight forward and easy and there were no fitment issues. Both of the bolts to the down pipe just broke off with not too much force at all. The old doughnut gasket that was in-between the down pipe and the mid pipe was quite a pain to get off. we had to chisel it off of the down pipe. The joint between the stock down pipe and the new mid pipe has a bit of an exhaust leak. I'm not terribly concerned about it because I will be putting the new down pipe on in just a couple of months.

Otherwise, the new setup sounds amazing. It's better than I could have hoped for. Here are some pictures.

Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Fancy I did the wing riser yesterday. Total pain in the ass

Tips look good are you happy with the sound ?

I like your tips
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Well as a result of my having to buy a new tire and not being able to tune for a bit longer, I decided to go ahead and just put the Q300 on this weekend. Installation was pretty straight forward and easy and there were no fitment issues. Both of the bolts to the down pipe just broke off with not too much force at all. The old doughnut gasket that was in-between the down pipe and the mid pipe was quite a pain to get off. we had to chisel it off of the down pipe. The joint between the stock down pipe and the new mid pipe has a bit of an exhaust leak. I'm not terribly concerned about it because I will be putting the new down pipe on in just a couple of months.

Otherwise, the new setup sounds amazing. It's better than I could have hoped for. Here are some pictures.
    Honestly, while I'm not typically a fan of the burnt muffler tip (I prefer an OE look), it doesn't look bad on a WRB car. I still would have stainless tips on my personal vehicle (even WRB), but it isn't that bad on your car.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    Fancy I did the wing riser yesterday. Total pain in the ass

Tips look good are you happy with the sound ?
    I am very happy with the sound. If I had a way to describe it I would say it's perfect. It does a GREAT job of emphasizing the lower RPM's, really deepened the tone all around. It's definitely noticeable and sounds GREAT but it's no where near stupid loud like a fart cannon. There is no drone what so ever (I have a sedan). On the highway, or even cruising city streets at the same RPM's, It sounds like the stock exhaust especially with the windows up. In a nutshell, it's loud when you want it to be and nice and quiet when you want it to be. Quite perfect honestly.

Honestly, while I'm not typically a fan of the burnt muffler tip (I prefer an OE look), it doesn't look bad on a WRB car. I still would have stainless tips on my personal vehicle (even WRB), but it isn't that bad on your car.
    I like the burnt tips on the WRB a lot but that's about it. I think the OEM brushed tips look the best out of the two on all the other colors.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Updated my build plans, added some drivetrain goodies.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Updated my wish list again, added engine possibilities for a year or 2 down the road from now. Also, inchworming closer and closer to a tune. Slow and steady, slow and steady.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Finally made some progress today! Ordered my Cobb RAM intake, and scheduled my protune with Turn in Concepts for July 3rd! Much excite!
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.