Billy's 2011 WRX Build Thread (Optimus) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Billy's 2011 WRX Build Thread (Optimus) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looks great! Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk...

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
    Looks real good dude! Love the blue and red. BTW where did you get the emblem overlays? I'm looking for black and white for my swp. Also the fender badges, I needs!
    Thanks, I love it too. I got the badge overlays from JDM Fantastic Vinys. I love these because they have a load of different colors you can mix and match for the emblems and they are cheap! I also got my tail light overlays from them. As for the fender badges (that I have not installed yet) I got those straight off of Subaru Genuine Parts .
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    fender badges #1 they should have put black ones on from factory. Use a heatgun or blowdryer when u do these because the 3m sticky tape on the factory badge wont peel off right if its cold and ur life will suck huge balls

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    fender badges #1 they should have put black ones on from factory. Use a heatgun or blowdryer when u do these because the 3m sticky tape on the factory badge wont peel off right if its cold and ur life will suck huge balls
    Thanks for the tip, Bill
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

4/1/14

Today I got some spare time and some more nice weather which gave me the ability to install my limited edition black fender emblems. I actually made a tutorial as to how to install this. The link is below. Took all of about 45 minutes but I sort of overheated the plastic fender and disfigured it slightly . Thankfully it is not that noticeable unless you get really close to it. here is a before and after.

08-14 Fender Garnish Trim Install

Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Not much, but I installed the GrimmSpeed Turbo Heat Shield today.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

To my other toy/summer DD. This past weekend I got her out of storage and installed some TechSpec tank grip pads, an integrated tail light (super happy with this one), got rid of the turn signals on my Fender Eliminator Kit, polished and waxed the whole bike, and bought a new gel battery! I'm also going to take off those ugly looking blinkers on the sides of my rear farrings when this stupid weather clears back up, and slap the new shoes I have sitting in my bedroom on her.

Here is a nice picture for your troubles.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I'm digging what you are doing to your WRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    To my other toy/summer DD. This past weekend I got her out of storage and installed some TechSpec tank grip pads, an integrated tail light (super happy with this one), got rid of the turn signals on my Fender Eliminator Kit, polished and waxed the whole bike, and bought a new gel battery! I'm also going to take off those ugly looking blinkers on the sides of my rear farrings when this stupid weather clears back up, and slap the new shoes I have sitting in my bedroom on her.

Here is a nice picture for your troubles.
    Bike looks nice! I just ordered some tank grips too...I'm tired of sliding up to the tank when I have to stop quickly. I have heard they really make a big different in being able to handle the bike. I'm excited to try the out!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Bike looks nice! I just ordered some tank grips too...I'm tired of sliding up to the tank when I have to stop quickly. I have heard they really make a big different in being able to handle the bike. I'm excited to try the out!
    I love them and I noticed a difference immediately and I wasn't even riding spiritedly that day at all. Just cruised all day.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yesterday I removed the ugly, and practically useless, cheap LED turn signals on my bike. Now there are just two little hole where the lights used to be. You can't see them in the picture unless you are looking for them, but in person they are noticeable. As unfortunate as this sounds, I think I am going to have to cover them up with some sort of matching stickers . Pictures:

After:

Next, today I got some more nice weather on a day I drove to work instead of rode. So I went ahead and installed the last small item on my agenda, the chrome trim deletes. They were fairly simple and straight forward and it took me all of 30 minutes (I went slow and took my time). These, I believe, were from Premium Auto Styling. Here is an after picture:

Now all we do is wait for me to compile the money to take my car to the tuner
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I did the chrome trim two weekends ago as well. It does look great. I screwed up the passenger rear side though because it was baking in the sun all day and got hot. It stretched the vinyl to where it didn't fit perfectly anymore
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I did the chrome trim two weekends ago as well. It does look great. I screwed up the passenger rear side though because it was baking in the sun all day and got hot. It stretched the vinyl to where it didn't fit perfectly anymore
    You know, none of mine really "fit perfectly". It seems like all of them were quite a bit too long. Did you have this same problem? One was quite a bit too long but that is because I stretched it a little bit while installing it.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    You know, none of mine really "fit perfectly". It seems like all of them were quite a bit too long. Did you have this same problem? One was quite a bit too long but that is because I stretched it a little bit while installing it.
    Yeah they were long...but that's on purpose so you have slack when installing. Gives you the ability to trim a little off the ends after it shrinks into place.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah they were long...but that's on purpose so you have slack when installing. Gives you the ability to trim a little off the ends after it shrinks into place.
    This is good to know, I already cut mine but I still left about a quarter of an inch on each edge the tape hangs off.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast