Need peace of mind! prices for stage 2 etc.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need peace of mind! prices for stage 2 etc.... within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sweet man...how do I get in touch withe the vendor? And thanks again guys for saving my pockets lol...

Sweet man...how do I get in touch withe the vendor?

And thanks again guys for saving my pockets lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_No_More View Post
    Sweet man...how do I get in touch withe the vendor?

Lately I've been getting a lot of my parts through Jordan @ Defined. https://www.facebook.com/DefinedPerformance But I also have a couple local guys who work directly with distributors that get me stuff at cost, and personally deliver it to my house.. if I have time to chat and have a beer with them.

The site vendors here should be able to get you decent prices too, so it would be worth it to PM a few of them and ask for quotes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty much a little bit of everything I outlined is going on...

The prices I quoted were right from RallySportDirect, who is usually one of the higher-priced sources. A vendor here could probably beat those prices pretty easily and still make a reasonable profit off you (they gotta pay their bills, too).

90 minutes to install a catback while on a lift with power tools? A boost control solenoid takes all of 5-10 minutes; a catback would add 30-40 minutes, with the car on ramps. 90 minutes to install a short shifter and front/rear shifter bushings while on a lift? I install them on ramps in 30-40 minutes. Boost gauge would be more like an hour for me to install and have everything look tidy. Essentially, everything besides the flat-rate uppipe/downpipe labor is doubled what it would take me to do in much less ideal environment (my frame sometimes has trouble with a car on ramps/stands), my rate is a case of beer split between us as we work.

Honestly, all of that stuff can be done in an afternoon with a local person, and it could cost you pizza/beer. The uppipe is a bit of a nuisance install, so I wouldn't necessarily mind paying someone to do it, and $350 isn't an unreasonable amount for the potential issues you may come across. You could still tackle almost everything on that list pretty easily, and save some money in the process. Even if you have to buy $50-75 in tools/supplies to do the job, you're still way ahead of the game, and you'll have them for future use.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So if I install all the parts and go to a local tuner I should be fine???

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_No_More
    So if I install all the parts and go to a local tuner I should be fine???
    Yes. Just install the solenoid in the parking lot when you arrive. On your trip there, run a vacuum line directly from the compressor to the wastegate actuator. Remove that when you install the solenoid. Hand them the keys and let them tune the car.

UNYSOC

Oh sweet ...so from whom will I be purchasing the parts from....

Oh sweet ...so from whom will I be purchasing the parts from....
    Look up Fast Tuning Products on here...also Kronosperformance.com can usually do great prices (both are vendors here).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Thanks again everyone for the input !

Hey MainFrame I cannot find the parts im looking for on this website or the vendors dont have what im looking for..
    This is getting frustrating also I am mew and probably looking in the wrong sections??
    Im trying to order my swaybars and endlinks first cause im replace my axles with oe, then gonna moove onto stage 2.
    Please help.

Hey MainFrame I cannot find the parts im looking for on this website or the vendors dont have what im looking for..
    This is getting frustrating also I am mew and probably looking in the wrong sections??
    Im trying to order my swaybars and endlinks first cause im replace my axles with oe, then gonna moove onto stage 2.
    Please help.

Did you send Jordan a message? I told him what you were looking for and he said he had it all in stock ready to ship..

Really!?...nice and jordan...I dont think you mentioned a Jordan. Hes a vendor obviously...well can you send him my email address sdiorets@gmail.com and have him get in touch. Really appreciate it alot man.

Ohh I see you did mention him sorry about that.

Yeah, I posted a link to his Facebook page, that's how I usually do business with him since he's always on there. Unfortunately he's not a vendor on this site (fees are too high), but I've been dealing with him since Adam sold Kronies and their shipping prices went all wack.

Jordan At Defined

Invidia up pipe - $139.99Downpipe - $539.99Catback - $625.99Whiteline Swaybars front and rear - $350.98Kartboy Endlinks - $179.99cobb bpv - $269.99Grimspeed boost control solenoid - $92.99Defi boost gauge -$176.99wideband - $165.99cluster - $95.00Free shipping if all is ordered together.Total to your door - $2637.90

I Support ClubWRX
    Jordan At Defined

Invidia up pipe - $139.99Downpipe - $539.99Catback - $625.99Whiteline Swaybars front and rear - $350.98Kartboy Endlinks - $179.99cobb bpv - $269.99Grimspeed boost control solenoid - $92.99Defi boost gauge -$176.99wideband - $165.99cluster - $95.00Free shipping if all is ordered together.Total to your door - $2637.90
    An aftermarket bypass valve would be pointless on your car, unless you want it for sound/looks. I've never had an issue with the stock valve on a S2 2.0L car.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.