EugeneUtopia's 2010 FXT Project - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on EugeneUtopia's 2010 FXT Project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Amazing thread, great work! Almost an identical build to one of the guys in our local club, except you got ...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Amazing thread, great work! Almost an identical build to one of the guys in our local club, except you got along a lot farther than him. His build ended with a cracked ringland. He wouldn't forge no matter how hard we tried to persuade him. Subscribed for a great thread.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Fantastic work. We have a DGM XT MY 2012. I haven't done much to it myself. Just got the sport grille, a set of Hellas & just added a Magnaflow exhaust. I also debadged & left the "XT".

I also got a set of winter tires. Was thinking of plasti dipping the stock wheels black just like you did. Looks great & its probably what I'll do. Also need to Get the door handles & roof rails painted. That chrome on the handles & the silver roof rails look hideous. Also have a footwell kit I need to install.

I wish our car came with a dark interior. Not sure why, but the DGM is not available with a dark interior.

Do you have XL exhaust hangers?

Good luck with the rest of your build. Have seen Steve's video of his XTI build(SWP) on youtube.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Amazing thread, great work! Almost an identical build to one of the guys in our local club, except you got along a lot farther than him. His build ended with a cracked ringland. He wouldn't forge no matter how hard we tried to persuade him. Subscribed for a great thread.
    Interesting. The tuner did the EXACT (up to stage 2+) same mods on a '12 WRX locally and his cracked too. I wonder if there is something up there. It was my #2 piston .

I'd love to see your buddy's build! Is there anything about it online?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Fantastic work. We have a DGM XT MY 2012. I haven't done much to it myself. Just got the sport grille, a set of Hellas & just added a Magnaflow exhaust. I also debadged & left the "XT".

I also got a set of winter tires. Was thinking of plasti dipping the stock wheels black just like you did. Looks great & its probably what I'll do. Also need to Get the door handles & roof rails painted. That chrome on the handles & the silver roof rails look hideous. Also have a footwell kit I need to install.

I wish our car came with a dark interior. Not sure why, but the DGM is not available with a dark interior.

Do you have XL exhaust hangers?

Good luck with the rest of your build. Have seen Steve's video of his XTI build(SWP) on youtube.
    Thanks Rage. There is a guy here with a DGM and he made the same comment about the interior color.

How do you like the exhaust sound? I've not heard one yet.

Nope, hangers are OEM. Odd thing.. everyone that has an SH FXT also has the same droop on the drivers side muffler. They aren't even, and it kicks in my OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks Richard Hammond! I'm honored!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneUtopia View Post
    Interesting. The tuner did the EXACT (up to stage 2+) same mods on a '12 WRX locally and his cracked too. I wonder if there is something up there. It was my #2 piston .

I'd love to see your buddy's build! Is there anything about it online?
    TNFXT on Nasioc, but I doubt he even checks it anymore. He's an acquaintence from the local club. I don't know what he's up to these days. Last I heard he was looking for another FXT or something.

Appointment made for mid-Feb 2014. Going to get a custom-made Ti FMIC. 230% higher capacity should get me an additional 10-20 whp. I'll get an aftermarket BOV as well (OEM is at capacity) which will allow me to get to 25-26 psi for another 20-30 whp. Tune to E85 and I should be at 450 - 470 whp! Wooo Hooo!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneUtopia View Post
    Appointment made for mid-Feb 2014. Going to get a custom-made Ti FMIC. 230% higher capacity should get me an additional 10-20 whp. I'll get an aftermarket BOV as well (OEM is at capacity) which will allow me to get to 25-26 psi for another 20-30 whp. Tune to E85 and I should be at 450 - 470 whp! Wooo Hooo!!
    Wow. This is gonna be even more nuts!
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Wow. This is gonna be even more nuts!
    Yup, but it's got to end there... I fear that reliability will start to suffer (if you don't count the piston replacement a while ago) unless I start taking some precautions.

It's already more than I can justifiably use... so anything else is gravy.

Plasti dipped trim ring

I Support ClubWRX
    Man. I want a forrester now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha. Is it freaky that I was just today thinking of plastidipping the fog light trims? Great job. Did you have to take them out?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fog lights look great. Definitely better than with the chrome. I am in the process of plastidipping and getting rid of all my chrome accents. It seems like most people don't really care for chrome on these cars.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Haha. Is it freaky that I was just today thinking of plastidipping the fog light trims? Great job. Did you have to take them out?
    I left them on actually. I cut two 5" x 5" (approx) pieces of plastic shopping bag and inserted it behind the trim rings, but over the fog lights. Then I wedged two pieces of office-style manilla envelopes, like opposing C's like this " ƇƆ " around the outer radius of each of the chrome trim rings (looked just like the cone that goes on a dog's neck to prevent it from scratching it's head). 4 coats of plasti dip applied in 8 minute intervals and done!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast