Subaru WRX Forum banner

nopistons93 2011 SWP hatch build thread

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  nopistons93 
#1 · (Edited)
nopistons93 2011 SWP hatch build thread - dyno inside

Well now that I've started off with some serious interest in modding, I've decided to start a build thread.

Current condition of car as of today:

- 19,XXX miles
- Bought in OCT2011 with 2 miles on the car fresh off the truck from the factory to the dealer

DYNO from 4-Jan-14

Tuned at AKUMA Motorsports in Amboy, NJ by John.

Text Line Font Parallel Diagram

As of this date I have installed the following modifications to my car:

- TurboXS TBE (heat wrapped DP with mixture of XL and stock hangers to get desired length and drop, link to install thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engin...-hatch-turboxs-turboback-exhaust-install.html)
- Process West TMIC
- AEM CAI
- Perrin turbo heat shield (black)
- STi transmission mount
- Kartboy shifter bushings
- Cobb AP running an Akuma Protune
- Boost gauge with custom made A-pillar single pod (link to install thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/interior-mods/134353963-2011-swp-hatch-boost-gauge-install.html)
- GoFastBits BPV
- ID1000's
- Deatschwerks 65C fuel pump
- Kartboy STS
- Lamin-X yellow fogs
- STi lighting kit
- Grimmspeed Rad Shroud
- Perrin Pre-filter for AEM intake (water repulsion)

The parts that I have sitting aside waiting for install/tune are as follows:

- Lighting overlays for rear tails

My planned modifications that are not yet financed are as follows:

- Innovate MTX-L and MTX-D gauges
- SMY Cluster
- Front lip and side skirts
- Rear lip
- more bushings for random spots
- springs/shocks
- Interior upgrades (shift knob, boot, etc)

That should take my car to the level I want for a while.

See less See more
#6 ·
nopistons93 said:
I'd like to be a pioneer of meth on a basic build. I've seen a lot of major builds with meth but I haven't really seen the VF52 supporting mod meth setup on too many 11 hatches.
You're not going to...

Most people, when given the opportunity, choose E85 > Pump/Meth because of the reliability (one less system to fail) and cost (injectors are cheaper than a meth kit).

That said, there is nothing really to pioneer. You have higher octane gas, you're able to run a more aggressive tune with the same "safety margin".

#9 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Currently have a boost leak above 16 psi. Sounds like it is coming from the elbow on the compressor side. Ordered t-bolt clamps and will get them on during the week. Hopefully that will sure the "whistle" sound I am hearing at higher boost pressures. Other than that, setup is good so far. Boost is ~19.0 psi. Map calls for 18.5 so I might try to change to the HWG map. Thoughts?

#11 ·
View attachment 126650

View attachment 126658

Currently have a boost leak above 16 psi. Sounds like it is coming from the elbow on the compressor side. Ordered t-bolt clamps and will get them on during the week. Hopefully that will sure the "whistle" sound I am hearing at higher boost pressures. Other than that, setup is good so far. Boost is ~19.0 psi. Map calls for 18.5 so I might try to change to the HWG map. Thoughts?
Isn't that within the allowable range for boost? Also, is that the peak on the accessport display or in a data log? I know there was a discrepancy between those two when I data logged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
If the map calls for 18.5psi and you're seeing 19...I wouldn't go to the HWG...it'd raise your WDCs, thus raising your boost even higher...

#15 ·
I have a very similar set up. I would highly, highly recommend E85 over 93. I also have the ID1000s, PW TMIC (get t bolt clamps for every fitting, once you surpass 19 psi they will all pop loose) and GS EBCS. I got both an E85 tune and a gasoline tune, which I also recommend. Ethanol does not like to start in below freezing, although a block heater (about $10 for oem kit) helps.

#24 ·
Here is a list of all parts needed to swap a 11+ WRX interior with black STi trim.

A-Pillar (R)
94010FG000JJ

A-Pillar (L)
94010FG010JJ

A-Pillar Caps (2)
94067FG050JJ

B-Pillar (R)
94012FG000JJ

B-Pillar (L)
94012FG010JJ

B-Pillar Caps (2)
94067FG010JJ

D-Pillar (R)
94015FG000JJ

D-Pillar (L)
94015FG010JJ

Sun-Visor Hook
92018FG000JC

Sun-Visor (R)
92011FG190JC

Sun-Visor (L)
92011FG180JC

Assist Rail
92041FG010JC

Lamp Assembly (Map)
84621AE020JC

Lamp Assembly (Dome)
84601AG050JC

#26 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru

Side skirts and front lip installed today. Plus I swapped my turboxs muffler out for a new one under warranty due to rattle. New one has far less drone than my previous, this is also the "revised" version from what I was told. Sounds amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.