2002 WRX Build Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alrighty, so about 8 days ago I picked up my first Subaru. It is a 2002 Wrx Imprezza sedan in ...

2002 WRX Build Thread

Alrighty, so about 8 days ago I picked up my first Subaru. It is a 2002 Wrx Imprezza sedan in Midnight Blue Pearl. The car has 57xxx miles on it and I paid $8,800. Only mods on it right now are the Cobb Intake, Cobb Accessport, and Cobb exaust. I flashed the car to stage 2.0 93 octane last night, and I believe it is pushing just under 300 awhp. I will be posting pictures soon (car is filthy, as it has been raining for the past three days). I am new to the modding community and I look forward to updating this thread with all of the progress that will be made along the way!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    1) Your car is nowhere near 300whp
    2) If you don't have an aftermarket downpipe (you just said "Cobb exhaust"), you should NOT be running the S2 map
    3) If you still have the stock uppipe on your car, you need to replace it ASAP. The catalyst has been known to come apart and get sucked into the turbine wheel at stock boost levels, let alone increased ones.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Maybe 225 whp....if you have a dp.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide