making my 2010 go stealth mode! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on making my 2010 go stealth mode! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; aww dag nabit!!! How did I forget?!...

aww dag nabit!!! How did I forget?!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Invidia is definitely a high quality and popular brand exhaust. Can't really say much there, good choice (I have a turboxs and love it, but invidia Q300 is sweet).

Other than the input I already gave on the FMIC not really being a great early stage mod, the plan seems good. What kind of intake are you planning? Also, are you planning on just getting the car pro-tuned (that's what it sounds like). Definitely will have a better tune going that route than an off the shelf map (assuming its a good tuner).

The sway's/endlinks are a solid beginning mod, especially on the earlier 3rd gen cars, as the car has a fair amount of roll. With you brake upgrades, good pads/SS lines and a fluid flush go a long way for performance upgrade (and relatively cheap too).
    I just ordered a cobb access port, more for engine information but yes I will get a pro tune in the spring. I was thinking about getting a perrin cold air intake. I will be upgrading all the handling and braking components before the engine rebuild. I want more of a fun car that I can throw into a corner more than a 1000hp drag car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DonavanS View Post
    I just ordered a cobb access port, more for engine information but yes I will get a pro tune in the spring. I was thinking about getting a perrin cold air intake. I will be upgrading all the handling and braking components before the engine rebuild. I want more of a fun car that I can throw into a corner more than a 1000hp drag car.
    I also have a Perrin cold air intake. Just an FYI, COBB does not make a tune that is recommended to be run with the Perrin intake. This won't be an issue when you get your car pro-tuned, but in the meantime you would want to run a Perrin tune. I purchased my COBB through Perrin and got free maps from them. They are good to deal with and will do map revisions if you datalog and are not hitting your targets.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    There's nothing "stealthy" about that before/after at all. If people assume that cars are quick solely because of a hood scoop, well....I can't imagine how fast that Geo Metro with twin hood scoops I saw this morning really is. Probably has a 7.2L Boxer Twin Turbo Supercharged Diesel AWD swap.
    I agree but in my opinion the 2010 wrx already looks like a little slow car to most everyday people and personally when I see a no badge Subaru with no scoop driving around I always think "ohh just an impreza" what I want to be able to do is pull up to an sti and blow it out of the water without him even knowing what happened. Plus im not that flashy of a guy. I love bright orange cars with black rims that are slammed but would I ever want to do that to my car? no, I live in Saskatchewan Canada. LOTS of snow (we don't use salt) and gravel roads.

Anyone know a good area to hide 60mm gauges? I want some but sticking with the stealth look I don't want to have any on the dash or frame.

I also have a Perrin cold air intake. Just an FYI, COBB does not make a tune that is recommended to be run with the Perrin intake. This won't be an issue when you get your car pro-tuned, but in the meantime you would want to run a Perrin tune. I purchased my COBB through Perrin and got free maps from them. They are good to deal with and will do map revisions if you datalog and are not hitting your targets.
    I didn't know that. Ill defiantly look into that! thanks for the help. How much did u pay for the perrin cold air? shipping? I know im gonna get ass ****ed for shipping but one of the club members up here can get it in through his shop.

I Support ClubWRX
    I want to be able to do is pull up to an sti and blow it out of the water without him even knowing what happened.
    That isn't going to happen with a Stage II WRX. Plus, what's the point? I hope you aren't referring to street racing...

Anyone know a good area to hide 60mm gauges? I want some but sticking with the stealth look I don't want to have any on the dash or frame.
    Well, you just eliminated all the obvious places, aside from the glovebox. Gauges are of little use if the driver can't see them, so I wouldn't recommend putting them in the glovebox.
    That said, there is this mount above the mirror: Windshield Dual Gauge Pod 2008+ WRX/STI - Gauge Mounting Solutions
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't know that. Ill defiantly look into that! thanks for the help. How much did u pay for the perrin cold air? shipping? I know im gonna get ass ****ed for shipping but one of the club members up here can get it in through his shop.
    I can't remember exactly how much I paid, but I remember when I did get it I got a fairly decent discount. Perrin offers quite a few discounts on their site, and if you call them they might do even better. However, you are correct that the vendors on this site often get VERY good prices (fast tuning products is very good).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    That isn't going to happen with a Stage II WRX. Plus, what's the point? I hope you aren't referring to street racing...

Well, you just eliminated all the obvious places, aside from the glovebox. Gauges are of little use if the driver can't see them, so I wouldn't recommend putting them in the glovebox.
    That said, there is this mount above the mirror: Windshield Dual Gauge Pod 2008+ WRX/STI - Gauge Mounting Solutions
    Also, I have seen mounts that go into the middle vent area as well as the "storage" tray right in front on your shifter.

Gauge Mounting options

With a few more mods on top of a stage 2 plus some handling mods and a proper tune ill be able to beat a stock sti with an exhaust. Whether that be on the streets or on the track doesn't concern me (streets = straight line usually) (track= twists and turns)

Also, I have seen mounts that go into the middle vent area as well as the "storage" tray right in front on your shifter.

Gauge Mounting options
    I was thinking about two 52mm gauges on the steering wheel and that storage space would be a pretty slick place!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Whether that be on the streets or on the track doesn't concern me (streets = straight line usually) (track= twists and turns)
    It ought to. Street racing is extremely frowned upon here, for good reason. Racing is awesome, but keep it on the track.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

It ought to. Street racing is extremely frowned upon here, for good reason. Racing is awesome, but keep it on the track.
    Of course street racing is dangerous but aside from being in Saskatchewan (Big farming province) its hard to find a track. We have double lane highways with wide shallow ditches and of course I would never put anyone in danger but myself (no passengers). U would never see me racing in a city. I like play cat and mouse on dirt roads (now covered in snow) you can never really go fast enough to break more than a bumper. I understand the danger though racing in populated areas with random car weaving in and out of traffic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12