Your Estimates Please - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Your Estimates Please within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zax Cheep tubro Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Imput king....

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Cheep tubro

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Imput king.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been in the middle of doing a blower/meth on my Corvette and that's why I haven't been around to update the thread.
    So anyway the cheap ebay turbo made way more than I thought it would. 353awhp/390awtq. Unfortunately as some of you all guessed, the compressor side seal blew out about twenty minutes after getting off the dyno and had to add a quart every 50 miles on the way home.
    So I went ahead and ordered a Blouch 440xt with a 10cm turbine housing which I installed yesterday. So now I'll be taking another trip up to Atlanta soon.

Holy ****!!! Glad to hear from you!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I no longer care about the cheap ebay turbo. Start a thread on your Vette with a blower and meth!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I no longer care about the cheap ebay turbo. Start a thread on your Vette with a blower and meth!!!
    Agreed.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nothing special, just an age old tale of a man wasting a lot of money.

Latest update as of last night: There is still a lot of oil left in the intercooler from the last turbo and there's a lot more oil in there than you would think, and then last night after a few pulls I had the car idling in the driveway when it started running bad and thru a cylinder 2 misfire, so I think I may have burned a plug. So I'll be going home tonight to do that super easy spark plug job
    Last edited by MOTION; 12-19-2013 at 03:50 AM.

So anyway, plugs are changed but the oil blowby/leaking is still bad. Thinking I may need some type of crankcase breather or catch can for the blowby and I still cant figure out where the oil on the back side of the engine is coming from (unless there's just that much leaking out of the intercooler.
    Any input would be appreciated, this thing is kicking my butt right now.

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's leaking out of the intercooler than the intercooler is not sealed. Depends on where the oil is. If it is truely the back of the motor and not on top my guess is the rear main seal. Common issue on Subaru's.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    If it's leaking out of the intercooler than the intercooler is not sealed. Depends on where the oil is. If it is truely the back of the motor and not on top my guess is the rear main seal. Common issue on Subaru's.
    I know the intercooler is not a tight seal but it still should not be getting this much oil in it and as for the oil in the back, it's not the rear main, it's all over the fire wall and brake fluid reservoir and only sprays when under boost. I replaced the turbo drain tube and replaced all the banjo fitting crush washers just to be on the safe side.

I Support ClubWRX
    The inter cooler should be sealed. As in regardless of oil is coming in it should not be leaking out. Catch can is generally a mod I suggest for even stock and N/A cars. If you have oil all over the firewall maybe your crankcase tube to the PCV valve is loose or cracked.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

The inter cooler should be sealed. As in regardless of oil is coming in it should not be leaking out. Catch can is generally a mod I suggest for even stock and N/A cars. If you have oil all over the firewall maybe your crankcase tube to the PCV valve is loose or cracked.
    That's sort of what I was leaning towards, it's just a hard one to diagnose because it only happens under boost so I can't physically see it coming out.

Also, how much oil do you think could come out of that tube under boost. Because it's a lot of oil.

Get some UV dye and a UV light to track down the main leak.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Really looking like I need a catch can or air oil separator, I just have way too much crankcase pressure. Yesterday I pulled my oil fill cap and put a rag over it to keep the spray down, then went and put about 25 miles on the car in and out of boost, now there's no more blow by or leaks on the back of the engine or anymore smoke screen.

So what are your thoughts on that?

Alright, hooked a catch can up to the pcv line headed back to the intake tube and plugged that port, this seems to have fixed that problem. Now I'm waiting for my Perrin intake tube so the factory one stops flexing, it was also quite deteriorated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast