WRX-maniac's '11 WRX build thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX-maniac's '11 WRX build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So guys, I need some of your expert opinions. Ive been thinking about my next line in performance modifications. I ...

So guys, I need some of your expert opinions. Ive been thinking about my next line in performance modifications. I wish i had the funds and means to just purchase everything at once, it would make life alot easier! But im going to have to more or less do it part by part. The only performance mod that will really be going on the car within the next couple of months will be the Forge BPV. Along with the tint and tail light overlay. But im thinking about trying to finish up the rest of my exhaust. I have been researching manifolds recently and decided that, as of now, im going to stick with an unequal length manifold. And i came across these.

Tomei Un-Equal length Manifold for 02+WRX/04+STi Import Image Racing

From the reviews I have read on the Tomei's they seem like a quality product. What do you guys think of them?

Also, I currently have an uppipe for an ewg setup from IAG which is what i am planning on doing to my car if you have read my initial build plans on the first page. The only thing is that the upppipe I have from IAG is the 2-bolt flange like the OEM. And the Tomei manifold using the 3-bolt flange pattern. Which isnt a big deal since the manifold comes with the uppipe supplied. So that means Ill just have to purchase a new uppipe for the 3-bolt flange. Will i need a pro-tune if i go with this manifold? If yes, then ill probably just go ahead and get the ebcs too and have them both done. Now I know that this will not net to much HP after the tune, but means the only other thing left to do will be the wastegate and the uppipe for the ewg. Along with injectors and fuel pump. Is this worth doing? Or should I just wait until I can do it all at once.

Thanks in advance!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm no expert by any means but I personally do not think that this would be the best choice for you at this time. First reason is simple, I personally feel that if you are going to upgrade your header then UEL header is a bad idea, I know that the rumble sounds awesome and that you might get some performance gains with a tune but honestly if you are going to upgrade those EL headers is the way to go. Second reason is that I feel that your money could be better spend considering your current mods. I think that you should prolly look into an Intercooler and a tune if you want to see some performance gains. After that I would look into fuel pump and injector plus tune before the headers.
    Stage 2 2012 OBP Subaru WRX

WRXillie makes very very valid points!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Quote Originally Posted by WRXilie View Post
    I'm no expert by any means but I personally do not think that this would be the best choice for you at this time. First reason is simple, I personally feel that if you are going to upgrade your header then UEL header is a bad idea, I know that the rumble sounds awesome and that you might get some performance gains with a tune but honestly if you are going to upgrade those EL headers is the way to go. Second reason is that I feel that your money could be better spend considering your current mods. I think that you should prolly look into an Intercooler and a tune if you want to see some performance gains. After that I would look into fuel pump and injector plus tune before the headers.
    Very valid points you make sir. A little bit of an update though. Im ordering the Forge BPV on monday and maybe a few engine bay dress-up pieces.(perrin radiator shroud and pulley cover in red) Will post pics up accordingly.

And after reading your post ^^^ I have re-thought my next performance mods. Think im going to do the process west TMIC, grimmspeed ebcs, and a pro-tune next spring. Wont be much power to be had here. But focusing on better boost control and cooling along with better drivability from the tune before i start with all my mods for the EWG setup.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

No big updates really, been super busy and not a lot of extra cash. Sitting the same. Updated and cleaned up first post.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123