WRX-maniac's '11 WRX build thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX-maniac's '11 WRX build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by teddy37 Looks good. Got a nice list going! Thanks man, I am trying. Like I said gonna ...

Quote Originally Posted by teddy37 View Post
    Looks good. Got a nice list going!
    Thanks man, I am trying. Like I said gonna be slow going for a little while. At least until tax time, then this thread will be blowing up with updates of parts hopefully!
    2011 WRX hatch in WRB---Stage2: **Stink-eye Mob #301**--- Mods:Invidia Q300, Invidia catted DP, perrin CAI, grimmspeed turbo heat shield, v3 accessport, subaru short throw shifter, momo shift knob, subaru red footwell illumination, subaru black SE wrx side badges, perrin front license plate delete plate, grimmspeed front license plate relocator, perrin shorty antenna, and RA mudflaps. Stage 2 tune from Perrin Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    There ya go man. A very reliable source, and one of the best prices I've seen for the pair on the internet. You're welcome!
    Am I missing something here? I don't see a link or anything.

Either way, I was actually able to find part numbers to order them directly from Subaru and the dealership quoted me $33.95 each, which I don't find to be too bad actually. Part numbers 91123FG060 and 91123FG070 L/R.

2011 WRX hatch in WRB---Stage2: **Stink-eye Mob #301**--- Mods:Invidia Q300, Invidia catted DP, perrin CAI, grimmspeed turbo heat shield, v3 accessport, subaru short throw shifter, momo shift knob, subaru red footwell illumination, subaru black SE wrx side badges, perrin front license plate delete plate, grimmspeed front license plate relocator, perrin shorty antenna, and RA mudflaps. Stage 2 tune from Perrin Performance

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Got ya, definitely cheaper here. Subscribed by the way, I look forward to seeing how these look on your REX. I won't be able to order mine until probably the beginning of the year. Gotta save my money for Christmas and a new set of mudflaps before we start getting some snow.

Nice work man with my set up I'm hitting 285whp 305trq that's with tbe,Cobb air box set up,perrin tmic, Cobb stage2 tune. So you should have no problem hitting your goal :-)
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Got ya, definitely cheaper here. Subscribed by the way, I look forward to seeing how these look on your REX. I won't be able to order mine until probably the beginning of the year. Gotta save my money for Christmas and a new set of mudflaps before we start getting some snow.
    Thanks man, might not be until early spring until I get those black badges on either. My garage is also my basement, enough to fit the motorcycle and other toys in, but not the car. If I cant find a garage to do them in, they will have to wait. But I am not gonna sit outside in 20 degree weather for a few hours to do them. However, I should be ordering them hopefully next paycheck, Ill post pics of them on this thread when i get them.

Quote Originally Posted by blusubi02 View Post
    Nice work man with my set up I'm hitting 285whp 305trq that's with tbe,Cobb air box set up,perrin tmic, Cobb stage2 tune. So you should have no problem hitting your goal :-)
    Appreciate it! Thanks for your numbers, kinda sets a benchmark for me, letting me know approximately where my car will be power wise with X amount of parts. I think my 350whp goal is obtainable, but maybe pushing it a little to high. You are making 285whp, Ill have similar setup, but add in a EWG, manifold, turbo inlet, bigger injectors and fuel pump, ebcs, and a protune. I'm figuring around 330whp on 93 octane. That would be very close to my original goal, and i would be more than happy with it.

Well guys havent been on in a while. A bit of an update though. In my room right now i have sitting my perrin front license plate delete, black SE wrx side badges, and a perrin shorty antenna. Had them all for like a month or so, just havent put them on yet due to work and this crappy weather lol. But i just filed my taxes today, so within the next 2-3 weeks my tbe and accessport should be on order.

So i will keep you guys updated with pics and progress as the weather breaks and i get a chance to start wrenching on the car.

**HUGE UPDATE**

Well guys, i posted in the "everyday impreza talk" forum about this company i stumbled across this website called Got Boost Inc, and i still have to give them a shout out and many thanks. I ordered all of my stuff from them wednesday, they had the best prices i could find, their customer was excellent (they answered every stupid little question i had). Plus not to mention they gave me free overnight shipping on my AP and an additional 40 dollars off of my downpipe. Thursday i received my AP, and yesterday when i got home, to my surprise, were two big invidia boxes sitting on my doorstep.

I also installed my black wrx se side badges yesterday (will post up pics later on tonight), my perrin shorty antenna, and the perrin front license plate delete plate. The car is finally starting to come together. I also contacted chris at perrin last week and like always they hooked me up. He emailed me a stage 2 93 onctane tune for the perrin cai that i have, which i already have uploaded to my AP. So now its just a matter of getting some time to install my exhaust and intake and tune it to stage 2. I cant wait!

So be ready for some picture bombing within the next week or so bc i am planning on keeping this updated to show you guys my progress and as my journal. Stay tuned!

Some pics!!!

Sorry The pics are kinda crappy, plus my car was filthy. but you get the idea. Once i get all the stage 2 stuff on and get it clean ill take much better pics and post em up!

So guys im finally getting around to posting up pics and stuff from my stage 2 install, went pretty well. Only ran into one snag the whole time.

My buddy removing the TMIC, which i recommend doing. Makes it 10x easier to get to the downpipe bolts.

TMIC gone. Perrin CAI installed.

Upper part of heatshield removed.

Now that one snag i was talking about, I have never seen this happen. I have seen the bolt broken and stripped. But when removing the nuts/bolts to the downpipe the one nut on the bolt closest to the intercooler got stuck with only like 1/10 of an inch left of thread to get it off. AND IT WAS STUCK. We tried pb blaster, heat, and everything. It would not budge. So we cut the nut off of the bolt and found this.

So, we then had to drive an hour away to hagerstown subaru bc the subaru dealership didnt have the nut or the bolt in stock, once we got back things moved right along. DP installed.

After that we installed the catback, then went around and tightened everything down, put on the GS heat shield and re-installed the TMIC. ALL DONE!

And yes i know my car was filthy!

Today i finally got a nice day to give it a good cleaning, so here are some good pics of it!

Well guys through all of the excitement of going stage 2 and enjoying my new upgrades I forgot to do a little write up of the parts and the overall process. I will do by list of mods and thoughts of them.

Invidia catted DP:All I can really say about is PERFECT. The fitment and craftsmanship of the DP from invidia is next to none. Fit like a glove, and everything lined up perfect.

Invidia Q300 catback:Just like the DP, fitment and everything was spot on! The look it gives off with the quad tip and the added titanium tips really accents the car well. And the sound is amazing!! I have not really had any noticable drone in the cabin either. The best thing about this set-up is that its not crazy loud, you can drive around and not be annoyed, but when you punch on it, it sure lets you know it is there!

Perrin CAI:Although I had this on the car for a couple thousand miles before i took it off and waited to go stage 2, I still just wanted to say that the look and fitment of this intake are top notch, as expected from Perrin. And the sound it produces under boost is awesome. It def makes itself known.

Grimmspeed turbo heat-shield:Not much to really say here, it looks great, and fitment was spot on and adds a nice touch to the look of the engine bay.

Perrin license plate delete plate and shorty antenna:Both of these parts are very easy to put on, but such a better look to the car IMO. Im glad that i did them both and think it was money well spent on cleaning up the look of the car.

Cobb Accessport V3:As you all know, cobb makes the accessport very easy to use, and the added larger screen and the included mount make it very nice. I used the accessport manager to upload the stage 2 map from perrin, and all in all am 100% satisfied with it.

Thoughts about the install of stage 2 parts: The intake and catback were very easy and self explainatory. The only thing i can say is that the DP is the hardest part. A couple of the nuts on it were a little tricky to get to, but no big deal. I soaked everything in PB blaster an hour or so before we began the install. Everything started off smooth and good, all the nuts and bolts from the turbo to downpipe broke loose pretty easily. But, look at picture above, one of the nuts got stuck on the bolt closest to the intercooler and long story short, we ended having to cut the nut off and the bolt was totaled. Ended up having to drive an hour away to a subaru dealership to get the bolt and nut. So other than that one snag, everything went great and was pretty straight foward.

TIPS:Have a friend help, always better with an extra pair of hands; be sure to have pb blaster, bc it made life a lot easier; take your time!; and I would highly recommend ordering a couple extra bolts and nuts for the turbo to downpipe before starting, i wish i would have, would have saved me a couple hours!

cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12