Demon WRX's build thread
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Demon WRX's build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah, I know....starting this way late. But hey, better late than never I guess. 2011 WRX hatch, Premium with factory ...

I Support ClubWRX

Demon WRX's build thread

Yeah, I know....starting this way late. But hey, better late than never I guess.

2011 WRX hatch, Premium with factory SatNav, Satellite Radio, and Cold Weather package in Spark Silver Metallic
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Brief history - 2011 edition

Car was purchased in February 2011.

I had window tint installed around May 2011, 35% driver/passenger windows, 15% rear doors, hatch and rear quarterglass.

In July 2011 I installed an AEM cold air intake and flashed a stage1+AEM Cobb OTS tune.

In early August 2011 I installed a Cobb light weight crank pulley. Breaking that nut loose was not fun at all, took me almost 40 minutes.

In late August 2011 I installed a Cobb downpipe (with lots of help from a friend, in his garage) and flashed a Cobb OTS stage2 tune. During the downpipe install I removed the intercooler to give myself more room to work and had a biatch of a time getting it back on right. In the process I forgot to reconnect the recirc hose and almost had a heart attack when it stalled on me while on the maiden voyage. I ran a bunch of logs to make sure everything was working correctly and found some small levels of knock (about -1.4, though not 100% repeatable, i.e. not every pull).

A week later (there abouts) I paid a local Monroe muffler shop to install a Nameless cat-back. 3" midpipe with resonator and MagnaFlow muffler, using Karboy hangers. Lack of tools and no lift brought me to the shop.

In early September 2011 I bought a set of 1 step colder NGK plugs, gapped them to .27. I failed to install them on four separate tries due to lack of room between the heads and the frame rails...and that damned air-pump **** they have in 3rd gens being right in the damned way. So I took the car to the dealer and paid them $100 (or so) to install them. Man, dealer labor is expensive. This dropped the knock to 0.7, with the same 'not every pull' regularity.

Winter came, so money went to winter wheel and tire setup (2003 LGT snowflakes with Nokian Hekkapelita R tires). I also started stock-piling parts for fair weather install time in the spring.

In December I installed Rally Armor mud flaps
    Last edited by DemonWRX; 09-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    reserved 1
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    reserved 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    reserved 3
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    reserved 4
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.