Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; looks like sheet <3. kidding. looks good dude...

looks like sheet <3. kidding. looks good dude

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    STFU ERRYBAHDY

Update time:

11700 on the clock and oil change #3 is in the books. Only reason I came in early is I'll be doing close to 500 miles of driving this weekend and wanted a fresh batch in there. Had a few issues, but seems like nothing major. Small humming from breaks/wheels/tires/whotheFknows has resolved itself. I head a loud metal-on-metal noise about a week ago after a longer stint on the highway. I think it was a rock in the breaks that was causing the hum/wumwumwum noise, got jarred loose, rotor ground it out, and finally left the breaks. No sound ever since. Other than that, installing the sways and end links is still on the list along with the front bumper repaint. Will update again soon.

Posted from mobile. Give it a sec. It's going to space.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

There is debris in your brakes my wrx had the same problem from these lovely jersey roads makes a horrible noise then will clear itself out and stop
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Remind me why you are getting your bumper redone? I need mine done really, there is a huge rock chip that is just blistering and looks bad, along with a few more smaller chips. How much will this cost you, if you don't mind my asking?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    There is debris in your brakes my wrx had the same problem from these lovely jersey roads makes a horrible noise then will clear itself out and stop
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Almost sounded like a sticky break pad, but since it's no longer there, was more then likely debris.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Remind me why you are getting your bumper redone? I need mine done really, there is a huge rock chip that is just blistering and looks bad, along with a few more smaller chips. How much will this cost you, if you don't mind my asking?
    After it was fixed, we had that huge snow storm/ice storm. I couldn't get under the car to chop it out so i had to back out and i couldn't wait for it to melt. Especially since it was 7 degrees and wasn't going to for weeks. So i backed out and the paint came off the underside of the bumper and up the front a bit. Also because on route 80 west heading towards PA a jeep kicked up a fresh laid patch of asphalt (we saw the crew further down so it couldn't have been laid more than 1 hour prior) and now there are chips all over my windshield, scoop, hood, and front bumper. I can fix the other stuff, but the bumper can get resprayed since there are lots of other flakes off of it anyway.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Almost sounded like a sticky break pad, but since it's no longer there, was more then likely debris.
    That sound happened to my car also. For some reason, it always happens when I have my stock wheels on. Never happened when winter setup is on.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

After it was fixed, we had that huge snow storm/ice storm. I couldn't get under the car to chop it out so i had to back out and i couldn't wait for it to melt. Especially since it was 7 degrees and wasn't going to for weeks. So i backed out and the paint came off the underside of the bumper and up the front a bit. Also because on route 80 west heading towards PA a jeep kicked up a fresh laid patch of asphalt (we saw the crew further down so it couldn't have been laid more than 1 hour prior) and now ther are chips all over my windshield, scoop, hood, and front bumper. I can fix the other stuff, but the bumper can get resprayed since there are lots of other flakes off of it anyway.

I hate route 80. A car in front of me kicked up some rocks and hit my windshield and cracked it. Had to replace it.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    I hate route 80. A car in front of me kicked up some rocks and hit my windshield and cracked it. Had to replace it.
    That damn road was the bane of my existence when I was in college...that and Hamburg Tpk.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Just added +10 WHP

I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Just added +10 WHP
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    GHEY

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    GHEY
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    The front bumper is FINALLY fixed and repainted. Also front lip has been applied and looks excellent. A few pics below.

I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I wish I had a club dub plate frame 😢 front end is looking good though!

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX