Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes Just clicked over 8500 this morning. Sooo many TOB's are going out at low miles, it's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Just clicked over 8500 this morning.
    Sooo many TOB's are going out at low miles, it's kind of ridiculous. I hope I'm ok since I'm at 44k already.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha no kidding. Yup that's exactly where that is. What do you drive? I've seen a few Subarus in there. Including that BRZ and a WRB bugeye with an STi trunk swap/wing. That you?

I currently drive a gorgeous and exciting 2013 Chevy Captiva graciously provided to me by my company (FM Global). The fact that it is a company mobile is the only reason why I have not killed it with fire yet. The bugeye is our IT guy. However, I should be picking up a 2014 WRB Hatch off of Clayton on the forums here sometime in the next month or so.

When the weather was nicer out I was riding my DRZ400SM (white) in every so often. I'm only in the office about once a week as I work in the field. In May/June I should be in almost every day though.

I do find it interesting the cars I spy in that garage every so often. Over the summer I used to see several M3's of various vintage, wrx's, several new model Porsches, and a slammed S4 that has seemed to start making appearances again, etc..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    I currently drive a gorgeous and exciting 2013 Chevy Captiva graciously provided to me by my company (FM Global). The fact that it is a company mobile is the only reason why I have not killed it with fire yet. The bugeye is our IT guy. However, I should be picking up a 2014 WRB Hatch off of Clayton on the forums here sometime in the next month or so.

When the weather was nicer out I was riding my DRZ400SM (white) in every so often. I'm only in the office about once a week as I work in the field. In May/June I should be in almost every day though.

I do find it interesting the cars I spy in that garage every so often. Over the summer I used to see several M3's of various vintage, wrx's, several new model Porsches, and a slammed S4 that has seemed to start making appearances again, etc..
    Yea I've seen all those around. DEFINITELY go through Clayton. He rocks and made everything super easy. Good deal too. I'll be interested to see when you get it and I'll keep an eye out for you in the garage. Park near you for some Subaru camaraderie.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    i found your problem gregson

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Craigslist be like "mint low-mileage clutch, some minor wear marks".
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Threw the summer wheels and tires back on yesterday. Really feels like I bought a brand new car again. I cannot believe the difference. I mean I knew what the difference was like going to winters, but after being on them for ~6000 miles, the difference is unreal.

Next up, Whiteline sway bar and Kartboy endlink install this spring.

The TOB problem did not rear it's head again and the whistle/chirping went away after that week we were in the single digits for temperature.

Also, for the ~6000 miles of road time, my winter tires (and wheels) held up beautifully. The tires look like they're still brand new. I would recommend them to anyone, especially with the improved road grip I had this winter. Excellent quality. Will purchase again when needed.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Threw the summer wheels and tires back on yesterday. Really feels like I bought a brand new car again. I cannot believe the difference. I mean I knew what the difference was like going to winters, but after being on them for ~6000 miles, the difference is unreal.

Next up, Whiteline sway bar and Kartboy endlink install this spring.

The TOB problem did not rear it's head again and the whistle/chirping went away after that week we were in the single digits for temperature.

Also, for the ~6000 miles of road time, my winter tires (and wheels) held up beautifully. The tires look like they're still brand new. I would recommend them to anyone, especially with the improved road grip I had this winter. Excellent quality. Will purchase again when needed.
    Good looks on the winter wheel/tire wear. It looks like you swapped to summers a day after I picked up my Hatch. I'll see you in the garage on Thurs or Fri this week haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Good looks on the winter wheel/tire wear. It looks like you swapped to summers a day after I picked up my Hatch. I'll see you in the garage on Thurs or Fri this week haha
    Nice! How are you liking it? I park near the back on lvl 2. I have a club WRX license plate cover. Park next to me, I'm interested to see yours.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Nice! How are you liking it? I park near the back on lvl 2. I have a club WRX license plate cover. Park next to me, I'm interested to see yours.

I posted some initial impressions over on my "build thread" that I started. Love the motor and mechanical sounds. There are a few foibles though.... I'm looking at you shifter and linkage.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also took a pic from far away when I put the wheels back on. Mainly as to not see all the paint flaking off the front bumper.

Posted from my mobile foruming mah-sheenz
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Also took a pic from far away when I put the wheels back on. Mainly as to not see all the paint flaking off the front bumper.

Posted from my mobile foruming mah-sheenz
    Looking fresh bro. I just put my stockers back on last week also. What a difference from the winters lol. I was going to plasti dip the stock wheels black but i got lazy. Maybe next year.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    There are a few foibles though.... I'm looking at you shifter and linkage.
    its a subaru

greg looking good u should go to that body shop and hit them in the face with ur front bumper babe ruth style

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Looking fresh bro. I just put my stockers back on last week also. What a difference from the winters lol. I was going to plasti dip the stock wheels black but i got lazy. Maybe next year.
    Thanks dude! Honestly, I would not plastidip the OEMs. I love the color and look of them. Plus, if done right, by a pro, plastidip looks good, but if you do it yourself it's going to be tough to get the even spread and coating you want. Ever with that upgraded spraying nozzle. I'd recommend powder coating or buying a different wheel entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    its a subaru

greg looking good u should go to that body shop and hit them in the face with ur front bumper babe ruth style
    This is EXACTLY what I'm doing. Get out of my head. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    STFU GREG
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    STFU GREG
    THIS!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.