Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shifting Lanes Does: a build thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes Threw on the snow tires and dipped wheels. I used the true metallics aluminum to try ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Threw on the snow tires and dipped wheels. I used the true metallics aluminum to try and refurbish the wheels I bought. Below I'll outline how I did the process. And recommendations throughout.

Before

The wheels are clearly previously dipped and the kid that sold them to me attempted to get the dip off with a knife or keys leaving many, many cut marks. This is part of the reason I tried aluminum. I purchased the dip remover from dipyourcar.com along with the dip. This stuff works incredibly well and if you are going to remove dip, I highly recommend it.

After spraying the dip got very melty looking and I was able to wipe it off with my finger.

Clean wheels

The remover has a STRONG citrus smell so be sure to do this in an open air setting.

Once de-dipped. I sprayed them the week after.

It was very windy and I could not use index cards to protect the wheels. The dip recommends doing this not in direct sunlight, windy, or moist conditions. 1/3 ain't bad? It was windy, frigid, and in direct sun. I HIGHLY recommend following the directions. The dip was coming out very chunky at the end due to the cold temps I'd imagine.

Finished set

Finally I cleaned up the tires this past weekend and got as much as I humanly could off.

With overspray

Without and with factory roof rack and ski clips put on

For winters, these will do just fine. Wheel type is 2004 WRX stockers with 5X100 bolt pattern. They fit perfectly. Highly recommend this method as it saved me about $400 over a set off tire rack or other reputable dealer.

Posted from my mobile foruming mah-sheenz
    Nice tires

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    looking good man
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Ready for the NJ winter!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE: Oil change #2 happened this past friday. 7400 miles total on the car thus far. Running like a champ. Really loving the winter handling in the snow and ice. Winter tires are easily the best purchase I've ever made for a car.

In other news, I've put in a request for Whiteline sway bars and Kartboy endlinks. I will be getting them late Feb/early March and Installing them soon after once I change my winter tires back to summers.

Other plans for this summer include a KB SS and bushings, a net book for tuning, and a WTF tune. More details to come soon.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    im gonna powder coat our winters over the summer be ready for this. im buying all the stuff to be a powder coat hero

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    im gonna powder coat our winters over the summer be ready for this. im buying all the stuff to be a powder coat hero
    I've been thinking about trying that myself...that'd be pretty kick-ass to get good at it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX

Powder coat me like one of your French wheels.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    look what i found this morning

guess whats inside???????????

I Support ClubWRX
    #doublepost

I Support ClubWRX

GIMME DOZE!
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Well it finally happened. I heard the dreaded TOB chirp this morning. Really not loud or annoying yet, but will get it looked at next oil change. I do not drive my car hard whatsoever so this is only a continuation of what others have said about the GRs and TOBs going bad. Will update with anything further on this issue if it's replaced or covered.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Just passed 1000 miles on the commute this morning. Got into boost hard for the first time and took her over 4k (less a few spirited times during the first 1000 miles) on a consistent basis on a few back roads on the way to work. Was really nice enjoying not having to baby the car. Next up 3000 mile oil change. Here are a few pics of some Subie love from the past two mornings. BRZ keeps following me around at work.

Attachment 116465
    Attachment 116473
    So that parking garage looks awefully familiar... Are you in the JLL managed buildings off of interpace Pkwy in Parsiappany? I am too!

I Support ClubWRX
    Well it finally happened. I heard the dreaded TOB chirp this morning. Really not loud or annoying yet, but will get it looked at next oil change. I do not drive my car hard whatsoever so this is only a continuation of what others have said about the GRs and TOBs going bad. Will update with anything further on this issue if it's replaced or covered.
    Greg, how many miles are you at?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    So that parking garage looks awefully familiar... Are you in the JLL managed buildings off of interpace Pkwy in Parsiappany? I am too!
    Haha no kidding. Yup that's exactly where that is. What do you drive? I've seen a few Subarus in there. Including that BRZ and a WRB bugeye with an STi trunk swap/wing. That you?
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Greg, how many miles are you at?
    Just clicked over 8500 this morning.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.