Subaru WRX Forum banner

My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build

18K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  Valdezernie1 
#1 · (Edited)
Well its been 1 1/2 years since I purchased my first Subaru Wrx. Here she is still at the dealer with the window sticker and all. I told the dealership do not detail her anymore the paint has enough swirl marks already.
And here she is now!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So my first mod was the pin strip. But later that day it was taken off. Not a good look on a red subie.In my opinion.

so after the failed first mod came the tint. Which is 15% all around.

So the second mod that left me in the dog house was Eibach springs which I had installed at my local Subie shop.Its only a .8 in drop but thats all I wanted. Here is the car about to get a Rev Works alignment.

#3 ·
Now we're talking.

I'm gonna double this as my build thread :rotfl:

#8 · (Edited)
So I have a mod buddy and he wanted to do a catless DP. Sooooo I bought his Invidia catted DP. Yea!

This mod i was able to do with the help of my friend.

Well I also bought his Cobb intake since he wanted the AEM intake. Another win! The Cobb heat shield added a nice touch to the engine bay.

#9 · (Edited)
So after i went Cobb stage 2. I purchased a front lip (aftermarket can't remember from where) and a front plate delete.

What is that? Could it be a Process West top mount? Why yes it is!

Still had the stock bpv on. Just waiting for the Turbosmart bpv to get here.

Bam!!! Turbosmart bpv. Much nicer than the plastic oem.

#10 · (Edited)
So after my friends and I installed the deatschwerks dw65c fuel pump. It was time to go to the shop for one step colder plugs and a trans and diff fluid change.

This is what the shop put in.

So after I flashed Torqued Performance stage 3 map it was time for some more exterior mods. We installed the hella tones and I purchased a used sti 5 speed shift knob.

Yep those turn signal bulbs are for the crazy turn signal light I had.

#13 ·
Did you paint the Hellas or did you leave them the "cherry blossom red" they come in?

#15 · (Edited)
I ordered some new wheels and tires and went ahead to my subie shop and had my rear fenders rolled.

They have arrived!

Out with the old in with the new!
Wheels and Tires!! Enkei Raijin in hyper silver 18x9.5 45et wrapped in 265/35 michelin super sports!!

Starting my son early!lol

#18 ·
I love those wheels. I'm leaning towards black wheels however...specifically Enkei NT03 +m

You have what's known as PROPER fitment. Nice meaty tires. None of that stretch/poke bull****. So kudos man. :wave:

#21 ·
I was on the fence about getting black wheels but my last car that I had, had black wheels and I got wheels in black for my wife's car too. So it was time for a change. My first set of aftermarket wheels were in hypersilver. So I went back to what i know. The only thing i dont like about some black wheels is that it seems the detail of the wheel gets lost. But If it wasnt for me picking hypersilver I would have wait black wheels as well. The wheels you are thinking about are a great choice!

#22 ·
It was so long ago its hard for me to remember but i know the turbosmart is louder and makes noise easier than the stocker. When I first installed the cobb sf and heard that bpv noise I had no idea what the heck it was. I thought to myself "my friend is going to blow my car up" since i bought the intake from him and he failed to let me in on this little secret. It seems also the turbosmart holds boost better and the sound that omits from it from time to time is much "cooler".

#24 ·
Well I wanted to complete my exhaust to a full TBE since I already had the axle back muffler delete from Nameless performance I went ahead and ordered the mid pipe that they produce. I ordered the resonated one without mufflers. Yes It does scream but I like it. This car is no longer my dd so I don't mind the extra noise. Plus it sounds amazing. The turbo scroll alone was worth it.
[/URL

#29 ·
Hey! Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your summer wheel/tire set up. (Yep, already planning ahead!). Noticed you had your rear fenders rolled. Any issues with the size? How are you still liking them? I'm assuming you didn't switch to winters for the rare Snowpocalypse in Florida. ;)

#30 ·
Thanks!!! I'm on eibach pro kit (.8in drop) that slight drop made me have to roll the fenders. I test fitted a close spec wheel and tire combo letting me know the fenders had to be rolled before I put my wheels and tires on. I have zero issues at all with this setup. No scraping no nothing. I went with the 9.5 wide wheel because I like the concave look the wheel has. And the 265 wide tire, I love the beefy look. I'm more than happy with my wheel and tire choice. I wouldnt change anything. The michelins are so grippy. Also the overall look of the wheel has a nice appeal to them. And for the Florida weather. I live in central Florida for it to snow here well it just doesn't. Lol. Maybe north Florida. :) what kinda wheels/tires have caught your eyes?oh you just reminded me I have some more goodies to add to my build..:)

#31 ·
Sub'd . Love your build, also love the Lightning Red but unfortunately that was a very hard color to come across here. Those wheels look great! I think you just helped my decision. I've been on the edge with the Raijin's but just couldnt find a size that seemed to look like it would fit the way I wanted but those 18x9.5 with the 45 offset look amazing! I'm sold, and I will definitely be getting that in flat black for my car when I can.

#34 ·
Soooo bought and installed some goodies in the last couple months. I sold my catted DP and went full catless. Which was suggested by my tuner for more power. I've gotten protune by mtuned. Dynoed 320whp 354 tq peak boost is 21lbs. Dynoed @ Central Florida turbo. I've installed kartboy short shifter, kartboy bushings, rear diff inserts ( which made a great improvement) cross member bushings, group n transmisson mount, and Perrin pitch stop mount. I have on the way tial 38mm ewg with grimmspeed uppipe. Also sometime next week going to have my oem headers ported and polished, along with my throttle body. Will be ordering the grimmspeed cross pipe to go along with my PNP headers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.