My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well its been 1 1/2 years since I purchased my first Subaru Wrx. Here she is still at the dealer ...

I Support ClubWRX

My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build

Well its been 1 1/2 years since I purchased my first Subaru Wrx. Here she is still at the dealer with the window sticker and all. I told the dealership do not detail her anymore the paint has enough swirl marks already.
    And here she is now!
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-30-2013 at 02:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So my first mod was the pin strip. But later that day it was taken off. Not a good look on a red subie.In my opinion.

so after the failed first mod came the tint. Which is 15% all around.

So the second mod that left me in the dog house was Eibach springs which I had installed at my local Subie shop.Its only a .8 in drop but thats all I wanted. Here is the car about to get a Rev Works alignment.
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Now we're talking.

I'm gonna double this as my build thread
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Nice color! So within 1 1/2 years the only mods u did were tint and springs? That sir, is what I call self-control haha

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Now we're talking.

I'm gonna double this as my build thread
    Have at it man. It will be our little secret..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Nice color! So within 1 1/2 years the only mods u did were tint and springs? That sir, is what I call self-control haha
    No thats just the beginning of the thread.Im way over do for a build thread. More pics to come. I wish I had more control over this so called mod bug.lol

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    No thats just the beginning of the thread.Im way over do for a build thread. More pics to come. I wish I had more control over this so called mod bug.lol
    Seriously...I've already bought $400 in shifter mod parts alone so far...had the car 3 and a half weeks. Tint will be coming in the next couple weeks for me as well. And possibly a Bayson R front lip.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    So I have a mod buddy and he wanted to do a catless DP. Sooooo I bought his Invidia catted DP. Yea!

This mod i was able to do with the help of my friend.

Well I also bought his Cobb intake since he wanted the AEM intake. Another win! The Cobb heat shield added a nice touch to the engine bay.
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 02:42 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    So after i went Cobb stage 2. I purchased a front lip (aftermarket can't remember from where) and a front plate delete.

What is that? Could it be a Process West top mount? Why yes it is!

Still had the stock bpv on. Just waiting for the Turbosmart bpv to get here.

Bam!!! Turbosmart bpv. Much nicer than the plastic oem.

Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 03:07 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    So after my friends and I installed the deatschwerks dw65c fuel pump. It was time to go to the shop for one step colder plugs and a trans and diff fluid change.

This is what the shop put in.

So after I flashed Torqued Performance stage 3 map it was time for some more exterior mods. We installed the hella tones and I purchased a used sti 5 speed shift knob.

Yep those turn signal bulbs are for the crazy turn signal light I had.
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 03:30 PM.

He was stock until he met me! I'm a bad influence

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pattymeng View Post
    He was stock until he met me! I'm a bad influence
    Yes you are. I have been in the dog house I dont know how many times because I bought something off your car.
    Now i just tell the wife I have to buy maintenance parts to upkeep the subie.
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Did you paint the Hellas or did you leave them the "cherry blossom red" they come in?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Did you paint the Hellas or did you leave them the "cherry blossom red" they come in?
    They are the cherry red. but I did buy the bracket extender so the hellas weren't so close together.

I Support ClubWRX
    I ordered some new wheels and tires and went ahead to my subie shop and had my rear fenders rolled.

They have arrived!

Out with the old in with the new!
    Wheels and Tires!! Enkei Raijin in hyper silver 18x9.5 45et wrapped in 265/35 michelin super sports!!

Starting my son early!lol
    Last edited by WrxPower; 08-29-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast