My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2012 LIGHTING RED Wrx build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Never liked red on any car until I saw it on the newer WRX, your car looks great!...

Never liked red on any car until I saw it on the newer WRX, your car looks great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13wrxMA View Post
    Never liked red on any car until I saw it on the newer WRX, your car looks great!
    Hey man thanks a lot! It's come a long way since I first got it.

I love those wheels. I'm leaning towards black wheels however...specifically Enkei NT03 +m

You have what's known as PROPER fitment. Nice meaty tires. None of that stretch/poke bull****. So kudos man.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Awesome build! Are you done? LOL

About that bpv... when u had the sf intake it really opens up the stock bpv sound already; when u installed the turbo smart bpv how was the comparison?

Beautiful car
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I love those wheels. I'm leaning towards black wheels however...specifically Enkei NT03 +m

You have what's known as PROPER fitment. Nice meaty tires. None of that stretch/poke bull****. So kudos man.
    I was on the fence about getting black wheels but my last car that I had, had black wheels and I got wheels in black for my wife's car too. So it was time for a change. My first set of aftermarket wheels were in hypersilver. So I went back to what i know. The only thing i dont like about some black wheels is that it seems the detail of the wheel gets lost. But If it wasnt for me picking hypersilver I would have wait black wheels as well. The wheels you are thinking about are a great choice!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Awesome build! Are you done? LOL

About that bpv... when u had the sf intake it really opens up the stock bpv sound already; when u installed the turbo smart bpv how was the comparison?
    It was so long ago its hard for me to remember but i know the turbosmart is louder and makes noise easier than the stocker. When I first installed the cobb sf and heard that bpv noise I had no idea what the heck it was. I thought to myself "my friend is going to blow my car up" since i bought the intake from him and he failed to let me in on this little secret. It seems also the turbosmart holds boost better and the sound that omits from it from time to time is much "cooler".

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I approve of this thread.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I wanted to complete my exhaust to a full TBE since I already had the axle back muffler delete from Nameless performance I went ahead and ordered the mid pipe that they produce. I ordered the resonated one without mufflers. Yes It does scream but I like it. This car is no longer my dd so I don't mind the extra noise. Plus it sounds amazing. The turbo scroll alone was worth it. [/URL

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    I was on the fence about getting black wheels but my last car that I had, had black wheels and I got wheels in black for my wife's car too. So it was time for a change. My first set of aftermarket wheels were in hypersilver. So I went back to what i know. The only thing i dont like about some black wheels is that it seems the detail of the wheel gets lost. But If it wasnt for me picking hypersilver I would have wait black wheels as well. The wheels you are thinking about are a great choice!
    hahaha that's funny because I was thinking hypersilver or a hyperblack as well. I think Hyperblack would be the ultimate, but it's one of the least produced wheel finishes out there. We'll see what happens come Spring time. I also thought about the lack of detail showing on the black wheels, especially cause I want the NT03s...they are a very detailed wheel.

It was so long ago its hard for me to remember but i know the turbosmart is louder and makes noise easier than the stocker. When I first installed the cobb sf and heard that bpv noise I had no idea what the heck it was. I thought to myself "my friend is going to blow my car up" since i bought the intake from him and he failed to let me in on this little secret. It seems also the turbosmart holds boost better and the sound that omits from it from time to time is much "cooler".
    that's funny. The turbosmart was a great idea. People have been known to blow the stock bpv as low as approaching only 18psi! So if you bumped your boost up past that, it was a good idea. Seems the best recirc to go with at this point are the Turbosmart valves or Forge valves.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

So I have a mod buddy and he wanted to do a catless DP. Sooooo I bought his Invidia catted DP. Yea!

This mod i was able to do with the help of my friend.

Well I also bought his Cobb intake since he wanted the AEM intake. Another win! The Cobb heat shield added a nice touch to the engine bay.

So is ur friend pro tuned with his catless dp?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Sub'd for Enkei's. I like this car!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    So is ur friend pro tuned with his catless dp?
    Nope. Not yet. He's running a stage 3 map from Torqued Performance. Plus he slapped on a 38 mm tial ewg.

Hey! Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of your summer wheel/tire set up. (Yep, already planning ahead!). Noticed you had your rear fenders rolled. Any issues with the size? How are you still liking them? I'm assuming you didn't switch to winters for the rare Snowpocalypse in Florida.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks!!! I'm on eibach pro kit (.8in drop) that slight drop made me have to roll the fenders. I test fitted a close spec wheel and tire combo letting me know the fenders had to be rolled before I put my wheels and tires on. I have zero issues at all with this setup. No scraping no nothing. I went with the 9.5 wide wheel because I like the concave look the wheel has. And the 265 wide tire, I love the beefy look. I'm more than happy with my wheel and tire choice. I wouldnt change anything. The michelins are so grippy. Also the overall look of the wheel has a nice appeal to them. And for the Florida weather. I live in central Florida for it to snow here well it just doesn't. Lol. Maybe north Florida. what kinda wheels/tires have caught your eyes?oh you just reminded me I have some more goodies to add to my build..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.