Well here we go, I finaly get around to building a build thread. would have started a bit sooner but i got the mod n fix bug worse than my old camaro(which was a second day job keeping it together as a daily driver) I just had to dig in, felt kinda outta place to stare at a car in my garage and not do Something with it.
Thankfully my little wagon came with a host of suprises right from the dealership. loose radiator hose after timing belt and water pump install. leaky fuel lines. baldish tires. Oh my
But damm if that wasnt just the start of it. ive done a few mods, fixed a few problems. changed a few things around just enough to call it 'my car'. and its great. future plans now are for getting out of the hard parts and into electronic tuning(with much help from the club) but those tools are still in the wish list. heck, at this point, my wish list needs its own build thread. oh wait...i can do that!
the list of things to come:
first and most important; Tatrix cable and a small capable laptop for tuning. and for books on tuning. my dinosaur laptop is capable but has issues. want something a little newer and more reliable for tuning. maybe by the time ive got a cable....my phone will be able to tune remotely.
2. Grimmspeed Exaust. pnp factory iron headers to matching grimm cross pipe(got the up pipe already in) the new downpipe and finish with deleting the resonator.
3. Borla Hush. finish up 2 with some shiny class. had borla mufflers on cars for the last 20 years. most, i can still shine to mirrors with a bit of cleaner. others...i sold with the cars lol.
4. guage finish. have a boost gauge in, but if i am going to be tuning i need more than a code reader. so that leaves a need for WB02 and a pyrometer, plus probably a fuel pressure gauge. maybe more but the wb02 and pyro for sure.
5. new head unit. the factory 6disk is nice i suppose but i want digital storage or device controll. that, and outputs for loud...ive got a locker of stereo to install and no real way to get a clean signal to it. low on the priorities list but its days are numbered!
6. probably should be number 2 after Tatrix. clutch! i love the way mine feels, its a heavy foot(possibly aftermarket) and grabs like hell, but it studders like crazy and gets worse after city driving for more than half a hour. youz gotz to go to!
7. new drivers seat cover. got the usually expected wear and tear from being a rental car. (who rents out a turbo car anyway??) so replace drivers side seat cover and good. the rest of my interior isnt to bad at all suprisingly.
8. fab or pod for the new guages. unsure at this point.
9. paint! body repairs and paint! minor dent under the fuel door and hella bad rock chipping on the nose and hood. add a splitter up front and a difuzer in the rear plus a waist spoiler. why, dunno. i like the look of the mid wing?
10. maybe some moar low. id like to set the nose down about .75" or so to match fender highth with the rears and give the stance a bit of a rake. that or a shallow drop kit that levels the car the same way. probably keeping struts for the roads around here, i already like the way they ride.
11. hid. eithor morette's or jdm. kill deer in the road with laser beams if i can. need more bright!
12. bump for race engine.
13. bump for first scca solo event. i was sure id get one in this year with my friends over on the west side of the state but probably not. sokay, gives me the winter to get prepared for solo2 nest year. might take that long to figure out the rulebook on class specs, even with scca veteran friends.
well, thats the long list. now for some pics. most are past pics but ill get em sorted out eventually!
the day i picked it up, keeping good company