tirerob's MBP WagonX build up ball of thread. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on tirerob's MBP WagonX build up ball of thread. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; and from a pretty internet picture to installed. this is got to be close to my favorite mod so far. ...

and from a pretty internet picture to installed. this is got to be close to my favorite mod so far. because it went without a fight and didn't cause anything else to break. just install, bleed(later flush for new dot-3) and tada! much better feeling brakes. I think I said on the what have you done today thread I probably wont get a master cylinder brace. still feel the same. the new brake hoses are amazing, but we will see after my first scca race. I might have just modded myself into a oh%$#@ group haha. oh well!

the parts. front and rear braided and coated stainless steel brake lines.

quite a bit narrower too.

ive heard dozens of ways to install these. honestly, the way subaru designed the hard lines make install and bleed/flush a snap. possibly one of the easiest ive done.

i use this way. clamp the hose(if you have double checked all your parts and arnt going to reuse the old line. probably fine but your still crushing a flexible pressure vessel designed to keep pressure in, not resist crushing) near the fitting on the caliper. break loose all the fittings, the hard line to hose connections were a bear on mine. remove the caliper banjo bolt(hey look, not loosing a ton of fluid !) and the line/both washers. install the new shiny hose as far as possible from caliper to the first mount. then, crack the fitting to the hard line at the chassis and quickly install the SS line. finish up with the new hardware clips and recheck your fittings for tightness. wouldnt want to leave a loose brake line before test driving lol. all you need after that is to bleed out the air, and that took only a few little pumps of the brake pedal for me, per corner. sorry for not mentioning that earlier. i did one corner at a time to finish with bleed to avoid mistakes. i do the same with customers cars too. then go back and double check and rebleed after test drive. there are faster ways yes. but i am OCD with my brakes, and worse with other people's lol. overall id say i had a total of a hour into the r&r of the lines with pre-bleeding, then another half flushing the system. and thats with bs-ing with a coworker and pounding a ton of mountain dew.

the left rear, all ready for bleeding.
    Last edited by tirerob; 02-23-2014 at 10:09 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

loooking great, wish i wanted to torture myself and upgrade all of the bushings you did haha
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I've got some SS brake lines inbound to the "install me" pile. Hurry up UPS!

Being OCD with brakes, yeh that's a good thing.

Glad to here everything went well. I hate those installs that start off good and end up being a oh snap moment. I usually mod/fix one thing and find two others that need attention.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    loooking great, wish i wanted to torture myself and upgrade all of the bushings you did haha
    Thank you! The trauma of bushing replacement wasn't so bad for me because I broke it up into groups. I'm just glad I have a nice boss that let's me use the shop after hours. I will be the first to admit I don't have all the stuff to do some of those bushings without some of the tools at the shop. Like the alignment rack and the twenty tonn press Haha.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    I've got some SS brake lines inbound to the "install me" pile. Hurry up UPS!

Being OCD with brakes, yeh that's a good thing.

Glad to here everything went well. I hate those installs that start off good and end up being a oh snap moment. I usually mod/fix one thing and find two others that need attention.
    Ya I hate those Aww $nap moments too. You'll love the new lines. Brake petal feels better now even driving on sketchy ice. Feedback is better too now that I've got some drive time on them. Just better all around!
    Rob

had a few moments yesterday to install some new whiteline rear sway bar endlinks. wow did that change the way my daily drive goes. there are a few corners that made the wagonX swing about fairly good at reasonable and Legal speed. the most change happened at slower speeds, like in the 1-2 shift range with a 90* in town corner. anyhoo. in with the new...

now i dont even know if i really need the 22mm rear sway bar but, its gonna be here anyway and it was nearly(had to work my but off for it for two days) free. So, a trade of labor for parts and me and a friend both are better off for it. although i must say i havent been inside a old v8 in a while....im getting rusty. nice to drag the old skillz out once n a while. dropped a chevy 350, rebuilt to near stock with a little cam. then shoehorned it into a chevy luv. mwuhahahahhahah it was so worth it.
    Rob

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345