tirerob's MBP WagonX build up ball of thread. - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on tirerob's MBP WagonX build up ball of thread. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; and from a pretty internet picture to installed. this is got to be close to my favorite mod so far. ...

and from a pretty internet picture to installed. this is got to be close to my favorite mod so far. because it went without a fight and didn't cause anything else to break. just install, bleed(later flush for new dot-3) and tada! much better feeling brakes. I think I said on the what have you done today thread I probably wont get a master cylinder brace. still feel the same. the new brake hoses are amazing, but we will see after my first scca race. I might have just modded myself into a oh%$#@ group haha. oh well!

the parts. front and rear braided and coated stainless steel brake lines.

quite a bit narrower too.

ive heard dozens of ways to install these. honestly, the way subaru designed the hard lines make install and bleed/flush a snap. possibly one of the easiest ive done.

i use this way. clamp the hose(if you have double checked all your parts and arnt going to reuse the old line. probably fine but your still crushing a flexible pressure vessel designed to keep pressure in, not resist crushing) near the fitting on the caliper. break loose all the fittings, the hard line to hose connections were a bear on mine. remove the caliper banjo bolt(hey look, not loosing a ton of fluid !) and the line/both washers. install the new shiny hose as far as possible from caliper to the first mount. then, crack the fitting to the hard line at the chassis and quickly install the SS line. finish up with the new hardware clips and recheck your fittings for tightness. wouldnt want to leave a loose brake line before test driving lol. all you need after that is to bleed out the air, and that took only a few little pumps of the brake pedal for me, per corner. sorry for not mentioning that earlier. i did one corner at a time to finish with bleed to avoid mistakes. i do the same with customers cars too. then go back and double check and rebleed after test drive. there are faster ways yes. but i am OCD with my brakes, and worse with other people's lol. overall id say i had a total of a hour into the r&r of the lines with pre-bleeding, then another half flushing the system. and thats with bs-ing with a coworker and pounding a ton of mountain dew.

the left rear, all ready for bleeding.
    Last edited by tirerob; 02-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

loooking great, wish i wanted to torture myself and upgrade all of the bushings you did haha
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I've got some SS brake lines inbound to the "install me" pile. Hurry up UPS!

Being OCD with brakes, yeh that's a good thing.

Glad to here everything went well. I hate those installs that start off good and end up being a oh snap moment. I usually mod/fix one thing and find two others that need attention.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    loooking great, wish i wanted to torture myself and upgrade all of the bushings you did haha
    Thank you! The trauma of bushing replacement wasn't so bad for me because I broke it up into groups. I'm just glad I have a nice boss that let's me use the shop after hours. I will be the first to admit I don't have all the stuff to do some of those bushings without some of the tools at the shop. Like the alignment rack and the twenty tonn press Haha.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    I've got some SS brake lines inbound to the "install me" pile. Hurry up UPS!

Being OCD with brakes, yeh that's a good thing.

Glad to here everything went well. I hate those installs that start off good and end up being a oh snap moment. I usually mod/fix one thing and find two others that need attention.
    Ya I hate those Aww $nap moments too. You'll love the new lines. Brake petal feels better now even driving on sketchy ice. Feedback is better too now that I've got some drive time on them. Just better all around!
    Rob

had a few moments yesterday to install some new whiteline rear sway bar endlinks. wow did that change the way my daily drive goes. there are a few corners that made the wagonX swing about fairly good at reasonable and Legal speed. the most change happened at slower speeds, like in the 1-2 shift range with a 90* in town corner. anyhoo. in with the new...

now i dont even know if i really need the 22mm rear sway bar but, its gonna be here anyway and it was nearly(had to work my but off for it for two days) free. So, a trade of labor for parts and me and a friend both are better off for it. although i must say i havent been inside a old v8 in a while....im getting rusty. nice to drag the old skillz out once n a while. dropped a chevy 350, rebuilt to near stock with a little cam. then shoehorned it into a chevy luv. mwuhahahahhahah it was so worth it.
    Rob

ok mass update. ive been a little lazy around here. since the rear endlinks it has been a crazy amount of driving and doing stuff. lets see, a whiteline rear 22mm antisway, got the same endlinks for the front. some stereo mods. loud mods with the new muffler. yeeesh! ok pics....enough yapping haha i even tried to repair the scratch on my hood. that'll take another go but its better lol.

im not sure if this link works yet but here is a clip of me goofing around with my new magnaflow muffler.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/5c...w395-h222-p-no

whew...
    Rob

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work Bro!
    I love the sub woofer enclosure, it looks awesome.
    You will feel the difference in those end links.
    Keep it up budd!

Mines going to the shop on Monday to do my bushings and tranny mount.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I've got a smallish sub box in my sedan's trunk. Your's looks better. Uses less room than mine at least. Gotta have my low end on my tunes though.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    I've got a smallish sub box in my sedan's trunk. Your's looks better. Uses less room than mine at least. Gotta have my low end on my tunes though.

Hey Pete! Yeah I totally agree on the low. I've been a stereo head since I started in like 89 haha. I admit the narrow box(2.5"deep. The reason for the magnet cut out. I still have my spare tire!)isn't very good for pulling lows...quite the opposite. A heavy old pissed of Kenwood excelon amp helps lol. All the really big stuff from my camaro is nearly sold off save for one of my zappco subs(considering a fiberglass bottom..same design with a flush floor)

My first thought was to fill my hatch lol, but three big dogs and all the sparring gear I have to haul for tournaments for just me and the wife means the hatch has to stay clean. Maybe a glass enclosure tucked on the side. But either way a huge system is out. It's just to heavy! Looks like I'm a year off but next year its scca time! Only thing I'm missing is a s1 tune for now and my front white line antisway bar. Then I should be good I think for a while lol. Got a 156000 miles to consider lol. Plus that will give me time to consider a newer model or building a stronger or just newer engine. Then, drive train upgrades and clutch. Oh my. Lol. Empty savings account and retirement here(.......)
    Last edited by tirerob; 10-10-2014 at 09:04 PM.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Hey Pete! Yeah I totally agree on the low. I've been a stereo but since I started in like 89 haha. I admit the narrow box(2.5"deep. The reason for the magnet cut out. I still have my spare tire!)isn't very good for pulling lows...quite the opposite. A heavy old pissed of Kenwood excelon amp helps lol. All the really big stuff from my camaro is nearly sold off save for one of my zappco subs(considering a fiberglass bottom..same design with a flush floor)

My first thought was to fill my hatch lol, but three big dogs and all the sparring gear I have to haul for tournaments for just me and the wife means the hatch has to stay clean. Maybe a glass enclosure tucked on the side. But either way a huge system is out. It's just to heavy! Looks like I'm a year off but next year its scca time! Only thing I'm missing is a s1 tune for now and my front white line antisway bar. Then I should be good I think for a while lol. Got a 156000 miles to consider lol. Plus that will give me time to consider a newer model or building a stronger or just newer engine. Then, drive train upgrades and clutch. Oh my. Lol. Empty savings account and retirement here(.......)
    I know what that's like!
    Insert retirement fund here_______
    Just remember, it's always a work in progress.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Hey Pete! Yeah I totally agree on the low. I've been a stereo but since I started in like 89 haha. I admit the narrow box(2.5"deep. The reason for the magnet cut out. I still have my spare tire!)isn't very good for pulling lows...quite the opposite. A heavy old pissed of Kenwood excelon amp helps lol. All the really big stuff from my camaro is nearly sold off save for one of my zappco subs(considering a fiberglass bottom..same design with a flush floor)

I know what that's like!
    Insert retirement fund here_______
    Just remember, it's always a work in progress.
    Truf right? Lol

but wait there is more! no really, there was a bunch of stuff i did before all the stuff i just posted that i forgot. how could i forget this....i have no idea.(probably forgot that too lol)

Mah Grimmspeed collection! lol.

i love this pulley. ok, i love the tool tray rad shroud too. but the pulley! holy beans what a difference! no cel from lightweight pulley. just ... no bad at all. works better than it looks and man is it Red! the tool tray is just the right size too. oddly placed but its perfect since most of the time im hanging over the right fender anyway. its like they knew...

quite a while ago i had crafted a heat shield. not to long ago i had replaced it with something much better, and built for a proper turbo blanket(on the list and its number is coming up quickly haha) Much Finer!

....and strangely enough i dont have a installed pic for whatever reason. hmmm.....time for editing later i think lol.
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.