The BrownBat Build
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on The BrownBat Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I present you the infamous, ever so slow... [ The BrownBat Build ] Just as the header states, this will ...

[The BrownBat Build]

I present you the infamous,

ever so slow...
    [The BrownBat Build ]

Just as the header states, this will be a pretty slow build for various reasons.
    1. Money
    2. Don’t want to put too much into the car all at once
      • Law of Diminishing Returns
    3. Refer to #1

Before I begin my shenanigans, I like to give credit to those who have helped me find spectacular deals and gain great knowledge:
    • Andre(A265)
    • Anthony(xFallenx)
    • Boseph(T0rque)
    • Brandon(Heide264)
    • Zach(spirited09wrx)
    • Issac(Rambo)
    • Mark(RuhRoh)
    • Matty(EJ257)
    • Mikie(Mikie13)
    • Robin(Mainframe)
    • T0ny(Rage-Wrx)
    • Will(Calvinball)

Updates

Car History
    1. 2006 Toyota Solara – Car got T-boned at 60 mph, while my father was driving. The car was destroyed. The cop thought my dad did not make it. Fortunately, there wasn’t a single scratch on him. Although this car was totaled, I had great memories with it.
    2. 1992 Toyota Previa- We bought this car brand new and it ran like a beast with almost 500,000 miles. I used this car to deliver pizzas back when I worked at pizza hut. It was RWD and it was pretty fun . Unfortunately, one icy stormy evening, when I was delivering a steamy cheese pizza to a brownbat family, my car went to the other lane(on top of a little bridge), and it hit the oncoming mustang head on. They decided to take me to the hospital since I never remembered how I got out of the car. But long story short, I got sued for it. Oh well.
    3. 2004 Toyota Sienna- I shared this with my father here and there. I took it to college for a semester or something. It’s an amazing car but it wasn't my taste, even though this thing is fully loaded. My father currently drives it with a CEL and VSC that has been there for probably 2-3 years. Oh, the beauty of Toyota. Car number 2 and this car were shared between me and my father, until Car number 2 was totaled. Once Car #2 was totaled, Car number 4 was shared.
    4. 2002 Chevrolet Express 1500 (Cargo Van) – I used this car to smuggle illegal immigrants from the Mexican border; one of which is an active member of this forum. I also used this vehicle for some underground businesses for explicit activities. This van was utilized during part of my college years. It was a great “headturner.” It was also an excellent vehicle for me and my friends when we went up to the mountains to snowboard. It is currently for sale. Think of it as an investment
    5. 2003 Yamaha R6- I had this bike for a summer. I was going to buy it from my friend and pay him in installments. He was nice enough for letting me borrow it throughout the summer, even though the bike wasn't even under my name, haha. After a thorough check up, the bike needed a lot of work. I explained this to my friend and he was very understandable about it, so I just gave it back to him.
    6. 2006 Kawasaki 636 – I bought this bike from my student loans, which I am still paying as I type this. This bike was really fast, really light, and amazing! Unfortunately, I took this bike into a curb going 45 mph. Bike rolled over me and stuff, but I was okay. I shared this bike with car number 4.
    7. 2000 Nissan Maxima- Solid car. Just had some minor issues, but that was inevitable. The car had ~135K miles when I bought it. I used this car when I had my internship in CT. I drove it from CT to NJ/PA every week.
    8. 2011 DGM WRX- The WRX was my first manual car ever. This car was an impulsive purchase, but I do not regret it. I’ve always wanted an STI ever since my friend had the 05. I really wanted the 06-07, but I decided to get something newer such as the 11+. Looking at some numbers, it made more sense to me to get the WRX over the STI. The WRX was definitely more practical for me, since I did not want to be in a situation where I am living to pay off my car. I gave myself a birthday present and bought the car on November 10, 2012. I feel like I got really lucky getting this car, because not knowing anything about the WRXs, I could have gotten a car that would have blew up on me down the road. I bought the car thinking everything was stock, except for some minor things. Well…. that changed..

• During our DFH meet, I find out I had no turbo heat shield(Thanks Anthony). My car, apparently, was once on stage 2 with an AEM CAI (Thanks Greg). It was also pre-wired for a sound system (Thanks Pete).
    • Before the PA/NJ crew left for DFH, Anthony asked me if my car was lowered, since it looked lower than his. I told him “nah man, **** is stock.” So, during a small install day of Hellas at Mark’s, that convo between me and Anthony came back and I checked underneath my car and what you know, I have Eibachs. So thanks Anthony for pointing that out
    • Mikie came over to my town to check out a ’12 LR WRX after he failed to try to cross the Atlantic with his STI. As he was test driving his car, I realized his car was not as jumpy as mine and he told me I probably have an aftermarket clutch. My response to him…. “nah man, I doubt it.” So, when we got back from the test drive, I felt his clutch and it was a lot softer than mine and that’s when I realized, I had an aftermarket clutch. Yay!
    • To be continued…

In terms of modifications, my plan is NOT to make the car fast as possible (at least for now). What I like to improve in my car is suspension and then move on to braking.

Current Modifications
    1. Alignment
    2. Eibach Lowering Springs
    3. Aftermarket Clutch
    4. Tints
    5. Rear end is debadged
    6. Hellas
    7. Turbo Blanket
    8. Whiteline Sways 24(F) 22(R) w/Rear brace
    9. KB Endlinks: F/R
    10. Group-N-Mount with bushings
    11. Stage 1 by WTF tuning

Uninstalled Parts
    1. KB STS with shifter bushings

Tires/Wheels
    1. Currently running on Coopers RS3-S
    2. 04-05 Stock wheels with Altimax Tires.
      • Thanks to Mark for finding me a sick deal.

Future plans
    1. Vinyl wrap the car(Matte-black): I can get the product for $180 and a really good friend of mine has done couple cars and is willing to help install it on my car. I did hear that vinyl wrap is not the best for a DD. Is that true? I have been hearing both sides. So if someone who has done this and experienced this, please shed some light.
      • If this works out, I want to plasti dip my stock wheels the same color as the stitching inside of my car

• Not for speed but for better tune
    2. AxleBack Exhaust(Nameless)
    3. Bushings
    4. BBK and some SS lines
    5. Any suggestions are welcomed

And now…the pictures.

Pizza Hut van

My Cargo van to the left

And lastly,

Thanks to Mark for the shot.

And that's it.

Thank you, come again.
    Last edited by kprugbyplaya; 02-11-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never seen a vinyl wrap that looked good up close.

Otherwise, great first thread noob!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 good start.

Question:in the last pic with the stormtrooper helmet,whats up with your footwear? Are you wearing shoes on the wrong leg?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

Question:in the last pic with the stormtrooper helmet,whats up with your footwear? Are you wearing shoes on the wrong leg?
    Only you would notice that haha
    You know damn right what I initially was wearing.
    \_(ツ)_/
    2011+ Big Mod Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Only you would notice that haha
    You know damn right what I initially was wearing.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+1 for the Pete shout-out- and them other cool dudes...

keep building as #1-#3 permit
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

So i know about the whole "bat" thing you started. Just wondering what your ethnicity was. Maxima's are the ****, i shared one with my sister while we were in highschool until she got her own car. I ended up totaling it when i hit a guy in a whiteout.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This thread is relevant to my interests

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    Just wondering what your ethnicity was. Maxima's are the ****,
    I'm Indian. And yeah, they are definitely solid cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    This thread is relevant to my interests
    wooohooo!!!
    \_(ツ)_/
    2011+ Big Mod Thread

your sways could be installed tonight but nooooo must attend brownfam dinner, or else forced marriage.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

OP is a brownie
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I fail to see any building. Only destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    I fail to see any building. Only destruction.
    you have to break a few eggs to make an omlet, right?

yeh, I'm waiting for some proper destruction.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

What is it with Brownbats owning Maximas? Is that like a right of passage for Hindus?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What is it with Brownbats owning Maximas? Is that like a right of passage for Hindus?
    It's the first stage of training. If they make it through a few years of driving a maxima they are ready.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.