I like this thread. Very well organized. Smooth easy reading.
This is a discussion on The BrownBat Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I like this thread. Very well organized. Smooth easy reading....
August 22, 2013
Installed front sways and endlinks
August 25th, 2013
Fixed left side endlink and made it more straight, by adding in more spacers
September 5, 2013
Fixed right side endlink
September 9, 2013
Installed RSB + endlink
September 10, 2013
Installed Rear Brace
- The reason why I had to re-do the front endlinks was because the car was NOT under load when Mark and I installed the front sway/endlinks. Reason why we could not put it on ramps was because the car is lowered with a lip and the jack that he had, did not go up high as the ramps.
- Because of this, my bushings aren't in the greatest shape, but they'll live. When I fixed them, the car was under load and they look a lot better than before.
- I had no issues with the RSB and endlinks. I just had some minor things, but that was me, since this was my first time installing.
- The bolt on the control arm where the rear brace goes is extremely hard to take off, so I took my car to my friend's dad's shop and he took it out with an impact gun
- The reason why it took me so long, was the scarcity of tools. I had to rely on my friend for tools and work according to his schedule, but in the end he just gave them to me to borrow, and return them whenever I am done. Also, my days were utilized by other activities
I love them. I was taking turns at 50mph on a 25-35mph curve and it felt great! KB endlinks are nice, but I feel like it requires more work, in terms of dialing in and stuff.
Oh well, KB is quality so that's all I care about.
Stage 1 by WTF Tuning
Transmission Mount + Bushings
STS + Bushings
Pictures can be found here.
Last edited by kprugbyplaya; 09-10-2013 at 10:43 PM.
I didn't even know you made a build thread, awesome dude!
and thanks for the honorable mentions!
--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
Stink Eye Mob #87
Bye bye Bimmer
Hellooo '11 REX
Post is useless without pictures, post them up.
First Mods: What to do and what not to do
Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
"Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"
The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread
Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.