Ampliified's The epic life (build) of Emily 2012 WRX - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ampliified's The epic life (build) of Emily 2012 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; great shots, love the whip!...

great shots, love the whip!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Journal-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

New wheels
    XXR 530
    18x8.75 +33
    Hankook V12 Ventus Evo
    245/35/18
    Sitting pretty

I know this is an old thread but what lug nuts do you have on the xxr 530's. I can't seem to find any that will fit for a fact.
    Last edited by kshort; 09-20-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo

Hello old friends been awhile since I've posted, went thru alot but me and Emily are still together somehow haha.
    Anyways just got plans to bring it back into the beauty she was, all the maintenance after this crappy winter is over and fix my bumper mounts as my front splitter decided to scoop up the snow and rip off of my car so I have my other bumper on it now not the prettiest but it gets the job done!

Thinking about a different color scheme or just getting new badge overlays because mine are faded as far as performance the only parts on my horizon are suspension/drivetrain and maybe an intake again!

She's almost at 42,000 miles but if i get deployed she won't be putting too many on while I'm gone, but I'm certain on keeping her now and coming back to the forums cuz i missed you guys!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Snow day for a lot of Americans! Emily is trucking along as usual stay safe!

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk

I love that picture man, Emily still looks beautiful!
    2007 Satin White Pearl STI
    Cobb OTS Stage 2 Map... Not for long
    2007 SWP STI Build Thread

Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    2014 WRX Hatch Build Thread - SOLD
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you going to try to steer back in the direction that your build was? Or switch it up and go a different route?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

So after a long winter (part of which I spent in hawaii) I had my car washed and waxed and what a difference that made, even though it got dirty again right away.

As far as my build goes i have recently realized how much harder these guys drive than a "competitor" -Mazdaspeed 3 which was a very fun car and easy to have fun in but does not handle anywhere close to my wrx and was awful in the snow given it had Hankook V12 Evo summer tires.

So I'd like my build to be very track oriented cus it's not getting any more comfortable from here out haha. But that little trade made me wanna keep my car and consequently made my friend trade that in for a 2015 WRX DGM. 😏

Changed out my air filter for a dry reusable filter my idle feels smoother after doing that and cleaning my MAF. I wiped down the top half of my motor and plastics under the hood so it's looking like new again without all that corrosive salt all over. Along with detailing the inside of my car I also would like to try to acquire black A B C interior pillars as well as my headliner.

Once it gets warmer I plan on changing the cabin filter, spark plugs and painting my other wheels. I also need new bumper mounts to support my bumper with the splitter and hopefully get into some autoX once it warms up!

Me back in January on the beach in Kona

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Car looks good, man. Just to touch on an old topic, did you ever figure out what they had to do to fix you turn signals? Did you end up paying for it? Just wondering because I have intermittent turn signal issues on BOTH sides on my '11.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Car looks good, man. Just to touch on an old topic, did you ever figure out what they had to do to fix you turn signals? Did you end up paying for it? Just wondering because I have intermittent turn signal issues on BOTH sides on my '11.
    Its a common problem im guessing they change the wiring harness. but you can fiddle with it to make it work
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    I have the paperwork somewhere they charged my $500 I believe it was supposed to be more they claimed to have rewired my whole car and I told them I was going to be in contact with SOA but the dealership threatened to charge my credit card for the loaner car they gave me if I didn't pay off the work. It was a dealership in Union, NJ one that had previously crashed my car into a light post only two months after buying it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    I have the paperwork somewhere they charged my $500 I believe it was supposed to be more they claimed to have rewired my whole car and I told them I was going to be in contact with SOA but the dealership threatened to charge my credit card for the loaner car they gave me if I didn't pay off the work. It was a dealership in Union, NJ one that had previously crashed my car into a light post only two months after buying it.

That just sounds like a shoddy business practice. That's awful.

Ampliified's The epic life (build) of Emily 2012 WRX

Did a little bit of reading today, can't even begin to say how helpful it has been since I got the car and begun better understanding each and every modification, great little book fairly cheap too of Amazon! Still deciding on colors for my car but I might be selling my wheels and if I do 17x9 will be my next step up with some fat tires.

I drove my friends 2015 wrx the other day aswell! Interior is definitely an improvement over mine but as far as driving it the steering felt heavy and the clutch too soft for my liking but it handled very well for a stock car.

Last edited by Ampliified; 03-18-2015 at 07:28 PM.

I did my first oil change ever today! Might I say it was super easy and I'm never going anywhere else for it again! I took some pictures for anyone else interested in how easy it is. Here goes my noob DIY Oil change!

They had a sale on Mobil 1 full synthetic (5W-30) with a Mobil 1 oil filter

So I saved over $45 doing it myself as opposed to a stealership or quick lube. I always thought it was harder on our cars but the bottom tray was only 3 bolts (12mm) and two tabs on the sides near the wheels.

Side tab in the fender well (flat head screwdriver)

Down under tray removed oil filter near the exhaust same with the drain plug (17mm)

With all my oil changes I clean my MAF sensor it has helped any bad gas mileage or rough idle issue I've ever had, and they aren't cheap so take car of it!

And to top it off I rotated my tires one last time before my summer set comes back, this time a new color!

That's good you started to do your own maintenance. Since I bought mine, I haven't been to the dealer for oil change. I had my friend do it first then me since.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Just so you know, Mobil1 Is traditionally the only "Bad" oil for our cars, it seems to have increased metal deposits on Blackstone Labs analysis, as well as vastly increased blowby. Just a heads up. If you're switching your own oil nowadays, may be time to switch to T6, or if you're a fan of 5W-30, try Amsoil Signature Series 5W30
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.