Ampliified's The epic life (build) of Emily 2012 WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ampliified's The epic life (build) of Emily 2012 WRX within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Need help! I was just driving and began to hear a whistling sound under boost and only to find out ...

Need help!

I was just driving and began to hear a whistling sound under boost and only to find out the bolt head was no where to be found half the bolt is in my TMIC does anyone know what size it is so I can replace them!?
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another guy on here broke the same bolt. I would try your dealership or a local nut/bolt store, try to match it up with the other one. I'm sure its metric
    2014 Subaru WRX 5 door

Take the other bolt out and run to Home Depot...use the little screw in thread sizers they have in the nut/bolt hardware isle. That will tell you the size and you have the other one for comparison.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Did a little bit of work on my car yesterday but sadly didn't get around to doing any wiring yet but Emily is on a good track to being healthy again I fixed my boost leak, bent out my fender so it just needs to get some touch up paint and be alright.

BEEP BEEP! Going for gold!

Next to come will be my front splitter hopefully this weekend.

Had a little photoshoot over by Rutgers University, probably the 1st time in awhile where I wasn't the photographer. Photo creds go to Kyle Petrick awesome photographer and sweet STi

Sadly after the shoot was over I had gotten a flat tire the craters in NJ are wheel killers

So finally installed my APR Front Wind Splitter took a few hours to plan it out not so long to drill all the holes. I was a little nervous about making my own holes but I measured everything out and it looks great!

Started by drilling the first two holes while the splitter was jacked up on my bumper then took it off and used the preset holes on the bumper for the rest and drilled a few of my own for the extra bolts they supplied. As well as the front supports which really add to the appearance!

Stupid LED turn signal (Pass. side) won't change to orange have to buy two new ones, not even a year old!

I am even more in love with Emily she is almost two years old

I ordered a new TB-IC hose because the OEM one is garbage but it is on backorder so no boost until that comes in... hella horns and rear fog wiring on the to do list

I Support ClubWRX
    how do you like the front wind splitter ? I read some reviews about how it pushes the front end down so much some guys front bumper was pulling off.

Looks good.

Love the splitter!

Question, where did you get all of your LED's? Dome, license plate, overhead, trunk and reverse?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    how do you like the front wind splitter ? I read some reviews about how it pushes the front end down so much some guys front bumper was pulling off.

Looks good.
    I've only had it on for less than a day and I don't drive on the highway that much but it is supposed to produce 80-100lbs of downforce at 100mph!

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Love the splitter!

Question, where did you get all of your LED's? Dome, license plate, overhead, trunk and reverse?
    Answer: Amazon I paid no more than $20 and they all have worked perfectly no problem. The more expensive dual color LED turn signal I got already went out on one side.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the splitter get in the way of the oil filter?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Does the splitter get in the way of the oil filter?
    ....yup

I got my hellas installed gonna go out now and take some photos of the bae photo dump to come!

love teh gold and da splitter. lookin good.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    It looks really good but it would scarp on my drive way. Did you do any other LED bulb swaps?
    Last edited by cflip2x; 04-25-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    It looks really good but it would scarp on my drive way. Did you do any other LED bulb swaps?
    All the interior lights are LED along with the trunk and license plate I got them off amazon fairly cheap but they work very well!

Photo dump as promised...

I walked into the room dripping
    in GOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    I went with switcback leds they arent bad but with they were brighter. Planning on painting on painting the headlight housing? Not sure how I feel about splitter brace looks too bright and vampire like but still looks good.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast