Bringing This Subaru Back To Life - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bringing This Subaru Back To Life within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here the link where I got the engine,, it's the same posting just diff pic http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=261243318231...

Here the link where I got the engine,, it's the same posting just diff pic
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=261243318231

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04WrxBrooski View Post
    Here the link where I got the engine,, it's the same posting just diff pic
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=261243318231
    That is a pretty killer price for including so much like the trans, turbo, etc.

You're going to have to look into it more. It should work, but you have to do some extra stuff. Whatever you do as far as the cam sensor and avcs just know this - if that is a 9:1 compression motor you need to get it tuned IMMEDIATELY once you have it running. I wouldn't even drive it there. I think someone makes an adapter (mentioned in other threads) and the avcs will be more trouble than it is worth (if it is on there).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    That is a pretty killer price for including so much like the trans, turbo, etc.

You're going to have to look into it more. It should work, but you have to do some extra stuff. Whatever you do as far as the cam sensor and avcs just know this - if that is a 9:1 compression motor you need to get it tuned IMMEDIATELY once you have it running. I wouldn't even drive it there. I think someone makes an adapter (mentioned in other threads) and the avcs will be more trouble than it is worth (if it is on there).
    It is, there a lot cheaper prices then the usdm ones for some reason. And I'm really glad that you guys pointed that out for me! I'm honestly having second thoughts about installing it at all, and just sending it back! I'm just gonna check around my local junk yards and hopefully they have them there.

I Support ClubWRX
    It is, there a lot cheaper prices then the usdm ones for some reason. And I'm really glad that you guys pointed that out for me! I'm honestly having second thoughts about installing it at all, and just sending it back! I'm just gonna check around my local junk yards and hopefully they have them there.
    I'd look into it more. That looks like a nice clean motor. They pull them out in Japan at really low miles due to emissions or something is my understanding. If it wsa simple plug and play they would cost more (or the USDM ones would cost less).

The tune is insignificant (even though it is critical). It isn't hard to do and won't cost much. Basically you just need to find out if you can wire it up easily. I'm not sure what he was talking about regarding oil leaks in that thread I linked, but that should be easy to find information. Have a look when it comes in at how much wiring they left on it - that will help a lot too. I'd look it over to find the actual engine code too.

If it came with the trans. that alone is almost worth the price. I like the JDM gear ratios better too (unless I remember wrong and that is just the diff.).
    Last edited by mycologist; 08-15-2013 at 10:12 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^This, don't give up just yet. That could turn into an awesome motor with the right tune.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'd look into it more. That looks like a nice clean motor. They pull them out in Japan at really low miles due to emissions or something is my understanding. If it wsa simple plug and play they would cost more (or the USDM ones would cost less).

The tune is insignificant (even though it is critical). It isn't hard to do and won't cost much. Basically you just need to find out if you can wire it up easily. I'm not sure what he was talking about regarding oil leaks in that thread I linked, but that should be easy to find information. Have a look when it comes in at how much wiring they left on it - that will help a lot too. I'd look it over to find the actual engine code too.

If it came with the trans. that alone is almost worth the price. I like the JDM gear ratios better too (unless I remember wrong and that is just the diff.).
    I really do want to get this motor but I will do more research on it as soon as I get my laptop working again! For now I've been using my iPhone 5! But I was also readin there that I have to buy another ecu? And wiring harness? And yea I had email the guy before and asked him if it will come with the transmission also, and he said it would�� I really want to install it, not installing it is my last thought due the wiring, but I will defenitely do research and let you know guys what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    ^This, don't give up just yet. That could turn into an awesome motor with the right tune.
    What would you recommend tuning it with? Cobb accessport V2? A Street tune?

All my packages got delayed on saturday for some reason, so I had to wait until Monday. Only half of my packages got here! The other half were delivered to the wrong house and lost(digital smoke air/fuel and oil pressure gauges)! So I have to file a report n so on.

From Worst To Okay To Getting There
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...back-life.html
    ". . . A Car Is Still A Ticket. A Ticket That Lets Us Into A Community." Quote By: Jay Bhee "Jabowski" Estacio

I Support ClubWRX
    What would you recommend tuning it with? Cobb accessport V2? A Street tune?
    An AP won't be able to tune for that. It will most likely need to be a custom tune done on a dyno.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it can be handled with changes to the timing and fueling tables etc. - certainly outside of the range offered by off the shelf maps, but it could be done with AP or Open Source and possibly by e-tuning if you find someone willing.

I think it can be handled with changes to the timing and fueling tables etc. - certainly outside of the range offered by off the shelf maps, but it could be done with AP or Open Source and possibly by e-tuning if you find someone willing.
    I just decided to go with a usdm engine and just wait until I can find one that's a pretty good price!
    ". . . A Car Is Still A Ticket. A Ticket That Lets Us Into A Community." Quote By: Jay Bhee "Jabowski" Estacio

These bad boys got here on 8/20/13, there the air/fuel ratio and oil pressure gauge. Wasn't too happy about how they were so I'm just gonna put them aside and buy some prosport halo!

Taking the car to get painted, was not gonna paint it cause some guy wanted to trade me my subaru for his 240sx with an sr20 swap , but decided no to, so officially painting it

Finally arrived safely to where it's going to be painted

Here's a picture of my bro's previous 03 Bugeye

I Support ClubWRX
    Looking forward to seeing the new color

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the new color

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, I'll probly get the car back until Monday!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast